Devin Hester

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Curious to see if we bring him to camp next year. Sure looked great today. Can he sustain it for a whole season?

HHawk121

Reaction score
I felt sick to my stomach from that, but I think when they decided to escape the 1st half as quickly as possible by running out the clock, it was truly over.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hester was great but his teammates were even better at negating his impact.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HHawk121":3tsf5rxa said:
I felt sick to my stomach from that, but I think when they decided to escape the 1st half as quickly as possible by running out the clock, it was truly over.

I thought Devin Hester was a pleasant surprise wouldn't mind seeing him on a one year deal.

Bogus as hell. why waste opportunities like that? It goes against Pete's own coaching philosophy.

He needs a shake up.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
If it wasn't called back it would be a closer game, maybe we even win. We will never know. Matter of fact every time our special teams had a good punt or kick off return it was called back except the last one.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The guy came in here and gave it his all and left nothing on the field. He came in grateful for the chance to compete in the playoffs for perhaps one last hurrah and showed he still has speed. I hope he's back with us next season.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Devin was our MVP of this game. It is brutal that a number of his remarkable plays got called back. What a performance.

seabowl

Reaction score
Retiring. Article came out already.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
Damn, would have been nice to have him as the returner and not to risk the #2 WR. Oh well...

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I think people might be forgetting the fact that there is a reason the penalty has it's price. If the hold doesn't happen, does he get 70 yards? Maybe, but maybe not. Either way, he did provide a much needed comfort in the return game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3pugpmoc said:
I think people might be forgetting the fact that there is a reason the penalty has it's price. If the hold doesn't happen, does he get 70 yards? Maybe, but maybe not. Either way, he did provide a much needed comfort in the return game.

Not debating the call at all, but just in general, it seems odd that the penalty is from the end of the kick, and not just a re-kick after applying the yardage or from the end of the play or spot of the foul. It's sort of the same debate as with DPI, I guess, but 80-yard swings on one penalty always seem odd.

Optimus25

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dq4l7q1 said:
Curious to see if we bring him to camp next year. Sure looked great today. Can he sustain it for a whole season?

I haven't heard one word about tyler and his prognosis. That being said, i heard many around here at time of injury say it was quite serious. Therefore i think hester is a lock for a 1 year. This will be its own thread eventually in the off season, but if you have a guy coming off a serious injury, why would you throw him to the most dangerous two aspects of professional sports and have him return kicks and punts?. I think the conservative plan would be giving him the better part of a year to just develop at WR and utilize Hester for returns and based on his speed yesterday, i say he picks up some snaps at WR also.

Seymour

Reaction score
I need to call myself out for doubting Hester and thinking it was a bad move that could bite us. The guy can still crank it up, and actually was one of the bright spots in the game.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Reports are Hester is retiring:

https://www.all22.com/seattle-seahawks/ ... ter-retire

Guy really showed some flat out speed both forward and lateral.

34 years old is long in the tooth for a kick returner, though, and maybe he doesn't want to risk trying to crank it out for a whole season. Or maybe the Hawks already told him they weren't interested.

HOF in that role. Best there ever was.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
jkitsune":1qa3q2wc said:
MD5eahawks":1qa3q2wc said:

Not debating the call at all, but just in general, it seems odd that the penalty is from the end of the kick, and not just a re-kick after applying the yardage or from the end of the play or spot of the foul. It's sort of the same debate as with DPI, I guess, but 80-yard swings on one penalty always seem odd.
No one knows where the player that was "fouled" would have been had he not been "fouled". That could have impacted how other players persued Hester. 80 yards is a heavy price but that is why they can't guess. There has to be a definitive line and it must be upheld. Just part of the game.