Obvious pass rush strategy

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So I noticed a couple times on Saturday, on third and obvious passing situations. They lined up Marsh on the right side across from their left tackle, then it went a combo of Clark/Bennett and Avril.

Maybe this was standard fair all year?Have we always done that (with a healthy Mike B?) On offense LT is usually going to be the best player on an oline, so we essentially sacrifice Marsh to their LT and then have our 3 best rushing Dlineman vs the rest of the line.

Interesting.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Oop just saw this was covered in another thread about Clark. Feel free to clean it up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Recently, I've seen Clark line up over the Center. Bennett and Avril stack on the left side (right side of the OL) and Marsh is iso'd on the LT.

When we run a stunt, it's usually a DT twist, a twist with Avril and Bennett, or Wagner coming up off an overloaded middle.

Clark is absolutely annihilating Centers right now. Stafford was getting pressure in his face in under 2 seconds, causing him to move.

I'm curious to see how they play it this week. Mack is a very good Center and I wonder if Clark will be effective there.