NFC DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons

Saturday, Jan 14th
1:35 PM PST
Georgia Dome
TV: FOX

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" board

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/

Then there's this big board... Did you remember to sign up back when I said it was taking forever to get approved? No? Well, I now have access and you don't. They approved me probably about an hour after our game earlier this season was over. Go ahead and sign up, but I don't know if you'll be approved by game time.

http://www.falconsroost.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

If you know of any that I missed, please post below.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Need to pay these guys back for 2012. Don't know if we can pull it off, but sure would be nice to see that board melt down after being bounced... :twisted:

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":36dlg4qy said:
Some cocky SOBs.

To be fair, we're all steaming about the last game we played.

And after watching this game, where Detroit's WRs couldn't catch jack and Stafford consistently missed open WRs...

And while your team failed to get much pressure on Stafford against a considerably worse OL than ours...

And consistently failing to score against them until the waning minutes of the game, including an amazing TD catch that the ref admitted should've been called back...

And considering it'll be on the road for you, where you're 3-4-1 with the only big win being at NE, but losses to the Rams, Bucs, and Saints, all of whom we beat on the road...

And you'll be missing Earl Thomas and Tyler Lockett, whereas we just got several players back that were missing before...

...you can't really blame us.

Hope for no serious injuries this game, but yeah. We want to obliterate you. Our team has revenge on the mind and so do the fans. If you were expecting us to roll over, or even take you incredibly seriously after this playoff game, it's probably not going to happen. But we've got fans who've been wanting you in the playoffs for months, so it's to be expected.

If the Seahawks show up and deliver us a loss, good on you.

But if they play like they did today, that isn't happening. Your defense was having far more lapses than usual, as they have been for the last month and a half since losing the incredible ET (favorite safety in the league). If the Lions had capitalized, as we will with our considerably better offense, and as GB did earlier this season against you, you wouldn't have been able to run the ball nearly as effectively.

Good luck next Saturday.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":26yqfdcj said:
Some cocky SOBs.

Cocky? No. Confident? Absolutely.

This Detroit team made Seattle look great tonight. We arent the Lions though and the game isn't in Seattle.

You can also find me on the Falcons.com board... same username.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":3tf0io0y said:
FlyingGreg":3tf0io0y said:
Some cocky SOBs.

To be fair, we're all steaming about the last game we played.

And after watching this game, where Detroit's WRs couldn't catch jack and Stafford consistently missed open WRs...

And while your team failed to get much pressure on Stafford against a considerably worse OL than ours...

And consistently failing to score against them until the waning minutes of the game, including an amazing TD catch that the ref admitted should've been called back...

And considering it'll be on the road for you, where you're 3-4-1 with the only big win being at NE, but losses to the Rams, Bucs, and Saints, all of whom we beat on the road...

And you'll be missing Earl Thomas and Tyler Lockett, whereas we just got several players back that were missing before...

...you can't really blame us.

Hope for no serious injuries this game, but yeah. We want to obliterate you. Our team has revenge on the mind and so do the fans. If you were expecting us to roll over, or even take you incredibly seriously after this playoff game, it's probably not going to happen. But we've got fans who've been wanting you in the playoffs for months, so it's to be expected.

If the Seahawks show up and deliver us a loss, good on you.

But if they play like they did today, that isn't happening. Your defense was having far more lapses than usual, as they have been for the last month and a half since losing the incredible ET (favorite safety in the league). If the Lions had capitalized, as we will with our considerably better offense, and as GB did earlier this season against you, you wouldn't have been able to run the ball nearly as effectively.

Good luck next Saturday.

You guys are not used to success, it's obvious. We are used to other teams getting all hyped up to beat us. Carolina had the same obsession with us last season and it did them no good.

That's the price of being a successful franchise. We are, you are not...yet. We get it. We have more playoff wins in the last six seasons than the entire Falcons history. Crazy.

You beat us in the 2012 playoffs and it meant nothing since you lost to SF in your house. You better not blow this chance.

I will say, you better prepare for a battle. If you think this team is going to collapse in fear of your regular season success, you are delusional.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":hkyeh5sc said:
You guys are not used to success, it's obvious. We are used to other teams getting all hyped up to beat us. Carolina had the same obsession with us last season and it did them no good.

That's the price of being a successful franchise. We are, you are not...yet. We get it. We have more playoff wins in the last six seasons than the entire Falcons history. Crazy.

You beat us in the 2012 playoffs and it meant nothing since you lost to SF in your house. You better not blow this chance.

I will say, you better prepare for a battle. If you think this team is going to collapse in fear of your regular season success, you are delusional.

I actually love this. Nothing of substance, just a solid "we're good, you aren't, that's too bad ydig?"

Yknow, I actually dig the Seahawks a good bit. But ever since bandwagoners like you came out of the woodwork, with this delusion of being a "successful franchise," when realistically, before the last 5 years, you were on the same level as the Falcons...it's sad.

I gave plenty of arguments to do with the actual team. You just said "we're good, you aren't." Not a word to do with the teams. But that actually makes sense. To talk actual football would mean to admit that this Seahawks team is going to struggle mightily unless they play their best football of the season, and even then, they would require Falcons errors.

That's cool, though. We're used to teams trying to play off of past success to try and say they'll win. Both the Panthers and Saints said similar things before we swept them.

Just saying, our franchises are birds of a feather, yknow? Not just because of Quinn, either. Because of perennial failure. Which is exactly what you had, up until recently. Enjoy it while you can.

Oh, and for the record, since the Panthers beat you, that's a really odd remark to make. Unless you're talking about the year before? I understand, being new to following the Seahawks since you don't tend to when they're not doing as well, it's hard to keep track of what the team actually does. Chin up.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":bimah6v6 said:
FlyingGreg":bimah6v6 said:

I actually love this. Nothing of substance, just a solid "we're good, you aren't, that's too bad ydig?"

Yknow, I actually dig the Seahawks a good bit. But ever since bandwagoners like you came out of the woodwork, with this delusion of being a "successful franchise," when realistically, before the last 5 years, you were on the same level as the Falcons...it's sad.

I gave plenty of arguments to do with the actual team. You just said "we're good, you aren't." Not a word to do with the teams. But that actually makes sense. To talk actual football would mean to admit that this Seahawks team is going to struggle mightily unless they play their best football of the season, and even then, they would require Falcons errors.

That's cool, though. We're used to teams trying to play off of past success to try and say they'll win. Both the Panthers and Saints said similar things before we swept them.

Just saying, our franchises are birds of a feather, yknow? Not just because of Quinn, either. Because of perennial failure. Which is exactly what you had, up until recently. Enjoy it while you can.

Oh, and for the record, since the Panthers beat you, that's a really odd remark to make. Unless you're talking about the year before? I understand, being new to following the Seahawks since you don't tend to when they're not doing as well, it's hard to keep track of what the team actually does. Chin up.

Speaking of substance... bandwagoner?

What an idiot.

Been a Seahawks fan since 1977. Likely before you were even born, kid.

Just stop. Find something original.

Don't compare the franchises. We have done it, you haven't. Period. Point blank.

I know it hurts. Until you do, shut it.

No, genius...the Panthers reference was about them not winning the Super Bowl. Try to pay attention. Beating us did them no good, they didn't finish the deal.

Just like the 2012 Falcons. :2thumbs: You let SF come in and beat you in your house.

It's ok cupcake, you can look at pictures of our Lombardi.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":25dtlebf said:

What an idiot.

Don't compare the franchises. We have done it, you haven't. Period. Point blank.

See, still no substance. This is pretty similar to the Saints in the years after they won their SuperBowl, and even now, they act the exact same way. It's cool. You won it. Congrats. I don't see how that helps you in this upcoming game, especially since that seems to be the mainstay argument here, but please. Go on.

How do you feel about the dropped passes by Lions receivers? And Stafford's poor throwing? And our considerably better running game? And not being able to run as often if we go up early? Are you pretty confident in Russell Wilson in that case? Would love to have actual football talk instead of simple "we're good and have a SuperBowl, you don't so nyeh." Was better on here a few years ago.

cesame

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":1v4qm0js said:
FlyingGreg":1v4qm0js said:

What an idiot.

See, still no substance. This is pretty similar to the Saints in the years after they won their SuperBowl, and even now, they act the exact same way. It's cool. You won it. Congrats. I don't see how that helps you in this upcoming game, especially since that seems to be the mainstay argument here, but please. Go on.

How do you feel about the dropped passes by Lions receivers? And Stafford's poor throwing? And our considerably better running game? And not being able to run as often if we go up early? Are you pretty confident in Russell Wilson in that case? Would love to have actual football talk instead of simple "we're good and have a SuperBowl, you don't so nyeh." Was better on here a few years ago.

I think the "mainstay" argument is that Seattle has already beat Atlanta this year. Saw it with my own two eyes.

Combine that with the fact Atlanta has already lost 3x at home this season, and it's not exactly like the Seahawks are about to play the 2007 Patriots or something. Atlanta's a very flawed team and most of it gets covered up by a great offense. A very beatable team.

I'm not saying Seattle will do it, but I certainly give them a better chance than trying to beat the Panthers last year. That team was much, much better than this Atlanta team. A much more complete team.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":3qc1bx5i said:
FlyingGreg":3qc1bx5i said:

What an idiot.

If you want football talk, don't throw around the bandwagon b.s. it makes you look stupid...especially on our board.

Been a Seahawks fan for 40 years. I have earned the right to be proud of what we have accomplished.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
cesame":31py3csw said:
I think the "mainstay" argument is that Seattle has already beat Atlanta this year. Saw it with my own two eyes.

Combine that with the fact Atlanta has already lost 3x at home this season, and it's not exactly like the Seahawks are about to play the 2007 Patriots or something. Atlanta's a very flawed team and most of it gets covered up by a great offense. A very beatable team.

I'm not saying Seattle will do it, but I certainly give them a better chance than trying to beat the Panthers last year. That team was much, much better than this Atlanta team. A much more complete team.

I agree in a lot of ways. They were certainly a more complete team - the biggest issue here being that I believe the Seahawks are more flawed than last year, and the Falcons are certainly putting it together over the last several weeks. It'll be a fun game either way.

Think I'm done with these boards though. So hostile and too little football talk. Good luck, and enjoy your win today.

chris98251

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":2n6xc3kj said:
cesame":2n6xc3kj said:

I agree in a lot of ways. They were certainly a more complete team - the biggest issue here being that I believe the Seahawks are more flawed than last year, and the Falcons are certainly putting it together over the last several weeks. It'll be a fun game either way.

Think I'm done with these boards though. So hostile and too little football talk. Good luck, and enjoy your win today.

Hostile when you throw a Bandwagon comment out, Hostile when your given reasons why we think were able to beat you and have proven once already we can and you have nothing to counter except the I quit and taking my ego and running back home mentality.

cesame

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":1bn376mr said:
cesame":1bn376mr said:

Bye.

:0190l:

Joygazm

Reaction score
Matt Ryan 1-4 Playoffs

Wilson 8-3 Playoffs

One team is battle tested in the playoffs, the other is a step child who just wants to be a part of the playoff family.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Saw a thread there asking when the Super Bowl parade would be. There are no rational thinkers over there.

RussB

Reaction score
Not these guys again lol. Whiniest most delusional fanbase i ever encountered, they literally might be worse than the 49er fans on the webzone forum.

I bet they still whine about the non call on julio lol.
Giphy

RussB

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":2zewiplx said:
FlyingGreg":2zewiplx said:

What an idiot.

Im gonna be brutally honest. Falcons are one dimensional, a great offense masking a mediocre/bad defense. Your offense can be stopped and has been stopped before by the seahawks. 2 of the TD's scored were blown coverages and you cant bank on that to happen again. Before that you guys were down 17-3 getting completely manhandled. What makes you think it cant happen again?

You guys do have a great offense , but you guys arent the 2013 broncos or 2007 pats. All seattle has to do is limit your scores and outscore your terrible d and they can win. Im not saying 100% that will happen but its very possible so dont be surprised if you lose.