Richard to interview with the Bills for HC gig.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Why, what did he do to deserve that kind of punishment?

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
ludakrishna":ggeyhx2g said:
Does this mean we get Gus back? Gus is a great developer of talent and Player love him

I think Rocky Seto might get the call if Richard moved on, keep it directly in house. Gus is drawing interest from Redskins.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
These D Coordinators of ours, have them for a year or two and some team is looking to poach them up for their HC. I do doubt he gets the job however, like many have you said I say it's too early and the Bills are probably just testing the waters.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
They have to satisfy the Rooney Rule as well by interviewing minority candidates as well, I think. This may be part of it as well. He'll get some good interviewing experience out of it at the least. Good for him.

saroos

Reaction score
They have the Rooney rule covered with Anthony Lynn. This may be legit.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Vaclav44":2ar9io5g said:
They have to satisfy the Rooney Rule as well by interviewing minority candidates as well, I think. This may be part of it as well. He'll get some good interviewing experience out of it at the least. Good for him.

The interviewed Anthony Lynn. So this is legit interest.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm happy for him and happy for the team if they see him move on. I wasn't thrilled with the defense overall this year. These teams don't seem to care, as long as they're from Petes coaching tree on defense they're head coach material. I do remember hearing earlier this year that Richard was a hc in the making.

OpHawk

Reaction score
How is Bevell's interview schedule going?

Can we please not turn every thread into a Bevell thread, if you want to post about DB please do it in the many Bevell threads, thanks!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ehhh, he can go. The defense has regressed each of the two years he's been the coordinator. And that's with inheriting almost all of Quinn's defense and having close to 90% of that personnel this year. I just don't get what Buffalo sees in him, but I'm not complaining.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Take him Buffalo. I'm tired of his soft zone BS and reluctance to blitz.

In reality he won't get the job though.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3seiyum2 said:

He's still better than Bradley was IMO. I don't get the love here, I really don't.

pcbball12

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1q73j9si said:

His "soft zone" isn't even his scheme, it is Pete's. He just helps implement it. As far as reluctance to blitz, I haven't looked at the numbers or anything but I would bet money that we have blitzed more this year under Richard than any year under Bradley or Quinn. It is the reason Bobby had 4.5 sacks.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
pcbball12":7wfkwpic said:
West TX Hawk":7wfkwpic said:

His "soft zone" isn't even his scheme, it is Pete's. He just helps implement it. As far as reluctance to blitz, I haven't looked at the numbers or anything but I would bet money that we have blitzed more this year under Richard than any year under Bradley or Quinn. It is the reason Bobby had 4.5 sacks.
Totally agree. Richard has been doing a good job. Until Earl went down, we had one of the best Ds in the league. Still wish we had Quinn though. Grrrr....

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":dvie751w said:
Ehhh, he can go. The defense has regressed each of the two years he's been the coordinator. And that's with inheriting almost all of Quinn's defense and having close to 90% of that personnel this year. I just don't get what Buffalo sees in him, but I'm not complaining.

I would not shed a tear. He's a little too much of a rush 4 and sit back in a zone guy for me.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I hope he sticks around , but if he wants it and gets it, that's great too. But he shouldn't jump at the first HC offer necessarily; the quality of the organization is so important - DQ has a first round bye and an MVP caliber QB, Gus has been fired.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1bu0x5k7 said:
Does this mean we get Gus back? Gus is a great developer of talent and Player love him
I don't want to watch 2-3 more losses every year specifically because we went into soft zone prevent. Pass.