B Sowell - anyone watching?

chiltech500

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I have watched Sowell closely for a few games now. OMG is he no good or what?

My memory is poor but it was either the Bucs or Packers the end spun or ran around him on almost every passing play. He even got a penalty for jumping too soon to block his man and he still got around him before the whistle was blown.

Whaaat?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Could be said about most of the Seahawk OL players....but yeah, he's not that good. But looks better because others aren't all that good either. Except for Britt. Britt has had a remarkable transformation this season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you watch the Cable interview from this week he talks about liking the play from LT, LG, C, and RG in the Rams game. He then talks about giving Gilliam a shot at RT again. I think it's safe to say when they graded Sowell's play it wasn't good.

iigakusei

Reaction score
AgentDib":16a09nxt said:
If you watch the Cable interview from this week he talks about liking the play from LT, LG, C, and RG in the Rams game. He then talks about giving Gilliam a shot at RT again. I think it's safe to say when they graded Sowell's play it wasn't good.
If Cable liked the play from those 4 in the Rams game he has seriously low expectations.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sitting the veteran Sowell after Pete said in his presser that he was moving on from a 3 year player in Gilliam tells me that neither one of them are starting caliber players on the offensive line.

Glowinski's numbers have dropped after having a good first half of the year.

Tackle is an obvious draft point for the Seahawks this year, I don't think it's a position you can settle on until you least his an average lineman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes, I've been watching.

He was atrocious against the Rams, which is why he was benched. Just another example of the most important off season upgrade HAS to be RT. We can't go into next year with these two turnstiles competing for who can suck more.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1jb0cxos said:
Sitting the veteran Sowell after Pete said in his presser that he was moving on from a 3 year player in Gilliam tells me that neither one of them are starting caliber players on the offensive line.

Tackle is an obvious draft point for the Seahawks this year, I don't think it's a position you can settle on until you least his an average lineman.

Basically, this.

Can you imagine how the fo discussions about Sowell and Gilliam must go? Something like, "Well, when life hands you lemons, at least go with the least sour one" comes to mind.

djb28

Reaction score
It was my understanding that only the " Best of the Best" can make it in the NFL.
Something went very wrong in Seattle's case.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I watching intently in the first half of the season, and the thing that pissed me off the most was his laziness. He gets beat and just stands there watching Russ run for his life. You need to follow your missed assignment to try to get a follow up block when Russ starts his scramble. Guy is worthless in every department.

Latest posts