The Bennett 3 Pump

Largent80

Reaction score
As for the penalty, ESPN’s Kevin Seifert noted that the NFL rulebook specifically outlaws “gyrations” in celebrations. Bennett’s teammates on defense were still laughing about it in the locker room. Here’s what some of them had to say:

McDaniel: “Yeah, that was three pumps. Definitely three pumps. I was counting out, 1, 2, oh no. … I talked to him in practice about it, I said, two pumps, Michael Bennett. I need to get back to a conversation where I’m gotta have a sit-down and have a talk with him. Two pumps only, sir.”

Reed: “I figured it was coming because Mike’s been out for a minute. I figured it was coming. I think he forgot about the two- or three-pump rule or whatever it is.”

Wagner: “I thought he was gonna do two. Soon as he did the third, I was hoping that they didn’t penalize him, but they got him.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/222191/yu ... oove-back/

[youtube]RGJb2iLvOKE[/youtube]

seahawksny

Reaction score
He's an idiot
Glad he was penalized. Should learn his lesson but he wont.

Sooner or later they need to take away touchdowns as well. Desean Jackson type penalties should result in revoked points.

It's time that players need to learn that they aren't bigger than the game.

Goes for coaches arguing as well. I said it a Million times that harbaugh should have been thrown out of multiple games for his idiotic rants.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, in a game, fun should be outlawed, and players should be arrested for it.... :roll:

ballard1951

Reaction score
seahawksny":3slgp4tw said:
It's time that players need to learn that they aren't bigger than the game .

You are right, its only the NFL that is bigger then the game. Its far to much laughing and smiling on the field too. It ought to be forbidden and penalized! :les:

misfit

Reaction score
seahawksny":2067wel2 said:
He's an idiot

Sooner or later they need to take away touchdowns as well. Desean Jackson type penalties should result in revoked points.

Goes for coaches arguing as well. I said it a Million times that harbaugh should have been thrown out of multiple games for his idiotic rants.

wrong

seahawksny

Reaction score
Didn't realize that desean Jackson and Jim harbaugh were held so dear to people's hearts

seahawksny

Reaction score
Largent80":26gn6dqz said:
Yeah, in a game, fun should be outlawed, and players should be arrested for it.... :roll:

Not saying you shouldn't have fun. I am saying why can't they just act like the player your name represents. Largent

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":30emdlx8 said:
As for the penalty, ESPN’s Kevin Seifert noted that the NFL rulebook specifically outlaws “gyrations” in celebrations. Bennett’s teammates on defense were still laughing about it in the locker room. Here’s what some of them had to say:

McDaniel: “Yeah, that was three pumps. Definitely three pumps. I was counting out, 1, 2, oh no. … I talked to him in practice about it, I said, two pumps, Michael Bennett. I need to get back to a conversation where I’m gotta have a sit-down and have a talk with him. Two pumps only, sir.”

Reed: “I figured it was coming because Mike’s been out for a minute. I figured it was coming. I think he forgot about the two- or three-pump rule or whatever it is.”

Wagner: “I thought he was gonna do two. Soon as he did the third, I was hoping that they didn’t penalize him, but they got him.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/222191/yu ... oove-back/

[youtube]RGJb2iLvOKE[/youtube]
When he was doing his thing the McCringleberry skit popped into my head. :)

Boohman14

Reaction score
seahawksny":p61e4bp5 said:
He's an idiot

Someone needs a Snickers bar.........

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Marsh was standing behind him and doing it as well, and there were two players in front of him participating in some capacity. Did they say it was on him? I am wondering if it was because of the participation of the other players.

McGruff

Reaction score
It was a penalty because it was excessive and in the direCT proximity of an opposing player.

GLio14

Reaction score
That used to be his celebration when he got a sack. So tired of the players getting penalized for having some fun after making a big play.

Schadie001

Reaction score
This league has turned into a pansy league, kind of a reflection of our society I guess. "Don't do something that will offend someone..." Please. This is football, where grown men are supposed to take each others heads off and then rub the other teams nose in it when they are peeling their QB off the ground. I hate what the NFL has become. These rules are ridiculous and petty.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
It is pretty ridiculous.

Remember earlier this year when Earl was 'one more hug' from an ejection?

12thbrah

Reaction score
It sucks we can't have the Bennett sack dance anymore. I did have a premonition he would get flagged if he did it again. No Fun League indeed.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
seahawksny":2amj7bt9 said:
He's an idiot

= Does not party

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not agreeing with seahawksny overall view of the issue... but the rule is the rule. And regardless what the fans or players think about it, the players should do their best to abide by those rules or they will hurt the team. Imagine that 15 yard penalty if the score was 10-3 and not 21-3. This thread would be 4 pages long

Jerhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":246snf7j said:
He's an idiot

Attachments

• 91sn32Q.jpg
    91sn32Q.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,169

seahawksny

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13nhn3za said:
Not agreeing with seahawksny overall view of the issue... but the rule is the rule. And regardless what the fans or players think about it, the players should do their best to abide by those rules or they will hurt the team. Imagine that 15 yard penalty if the score was 10-3 and not 21-3. This thread would be 4 pages long

This.....

Also....

With the exception of a couple runs against new orleans, and then again in arizona, a certain running back who led us to a super bowl, rarely celebrated. When his teammates mobbed him, he would have them back off and shake his hand.. so for all of you who call this a pansy league, and would rather have him celebrate like Victor cruz.. you're right.. maybe we should trade the Super bowl we won for more players like Bennett that have more "fun"

The one who was probably the most instrumental player on the team that season didn't "have fun." It would have been better if we had a running back that celebrated more excessively, right?

I know you're all going to disagree with me on this,
I can't speak for everybody, but I sure had fun watching number 24 NOT CELEBRATE like other Clown players in this league.