#2 seed is great, DAL is the easiest place to play on road

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Talent aside, if you had to choose an NFC location the Seahawks had to travel to in an NFC Championship game, wouldn't Dallas rank as your preferred place to go?

No cold weather to worry about, game is indoors, their crowd is not known to be very rowdy, travel isn't terribly far (compared to Tampa or Carolina), and for having the largest stadium in the NFL, they have probably one of the quietest crowds in the entire NFL. I think an unintended consequence of building that TV screen is it allows the crowd to get more comfortable up in the cheap seats. Not to mention Cowboys have TONS of fans who aren't even from Dallas. All the rich bandwagon fans from elsewhere may be the ones filling the seats in a potential NFC championship game, you know those ticket prices are going to be through the roof if this matchup happens. It will be full of yuppies, not the hardcore locals.

Just type in Dallas Cowboys Crowd noise or Quiet into Google, tons of links to articles and forums where Cowboy fans are moaning about how quiet their home field is. They complain their stadium is way too corporate, its turned into Disneyland for Jerry to make money, not to create a great football environment.

Anyway, we're in a good spot, just have to hope Detroit loses one game and Seahawks win out. And if Dallas is the #1 seed (although the Giants could also snatch it), we should feel pretty good about our chances.

The path to the Super Bowl this year isn't as difficult as its been the past few seasons.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Also wouldn't be surprised if Dak and/or Ezekiel hit that rookie wall, making them putty in our hands.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I went to the game in Dallas last year and it was definitely quiet. Loved the stadium but definitely not much of a home field advantage. Also loved the tailgating!

Steve2222

Reaction score
I went to the Final Four in Dallas back in 2014. There's a reason they have the huge Jumbotron. Those nosebleed seats are by far the highest seats I've ever seen. You can't see the players on field (or court) from that high up. We ditched the seats and just found a place to stand on the 100 level. Worked out well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing is I don't see Dallas winning to host the game..

Schadie001

Reaction score
Dallas does not have a cupcake last three weeks. They play a surging Tampa team that has enough of a pass rush to make like difficult on Dak and Co. Then they play Detriot, yes it is Detriot but they have been playing pretty well lately. They finish with a division game against Philly and as we should know division opponents no matter how bad they are usually play each other pretty well.

There is a chance should we win out (against division opponents who we "should" beat) and they lose all three that we are the number one seed all because of that tie.

McGruff

Reaction score
Schadie001":qmdhl471 said:
Dallas does not have a cupcake last three weeks. They play a surging Tampa team that has enough of a pass rush to make like difficult on Dak and Co. Then they play Detriot, yes it is Detriot but they have been playing pretty well lately. They finish with a division game against Philly and as we should know division opponents no matter how bad they are usually play each other pretty well.

There is a chance should we win out (against division opponents who we "should" beat) and they lose all three that we are the number one seed all because of that tie.

This is exactly what WILL happen.

In addition, Detroit and Tampa and the Giants all have tough goes coming up, while we hack the Cards and Niners.

#1 seed here we come!

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Schadie001":6qvthm21 said:

Really? You think its more likely Dallas goes on a four game losing streak to finish the year rather than just win 1 game and secure the top spot? In reality, the odds are heavily in Dallas' favor.

whidbeast

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3spajdbe said:
Schadie001":3spajdbe said:

Really? You think its more likely Dallas goes on a four game losing streak to finish the year rather than just win 1 game and secure the top spot? In reality, the odds are heavily in Dallas' favor.

I agree. I've always been a Dallas hater but that team is legit. They've lost 2 games by a total of 4 points.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
*allas has won on a last-place schedule. I don't think they win their first playoff game against a legit team, so the NFCCG comes back to the Clink!

McGruff

Reaction score
whidbeast":2lbjzhoe said:
hieroglyphics":2lbjzhoe said:
Schadie001":2lbjzhoe said:

I agree. I've always been a Dallas hater but that team is legit. They've lost 2 games by a total of 4 points.

Look at their last few games, thiugh. Their wins have been nail biters. They had a puff schedule that is turning nasty at the end when Dak and Zeke are hitting the rookie wall.

They lose the next three and make it as a sliding wild card.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
GeekHawk":ixj1251h said:
*allas has won on a last-place schedule. I don't think they win their first playoff game against a legit team, so the NFCCG comes back to the Clink!

Better than 50/50 it plays out like this.

Dallas QB is struggling of late - confidence crashing.

getnasty

Reaction score
I just like that we won't see an elite defense in the playoffs, and outside of Packers if they get in and the Falcons we won't see a elite offense either. Dallas has a good offense but I think our offense will have a bigger advantage over there defense then there O will against our D.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":1k3akfhd said:
Schadie001":1k3akfhd said:

He may have been talking about Dallas surviving the divisional round to host the championship.

I agree they probably aren't losing to the Eagles in Week 17.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
I am a Cowboy fan and here's what I've noticed over the years. Shocker, but we have extremely fair-weather fans. That coupled with the fact that our lower bowl area ticket prices are insane means that there are plenty of rich people close to the field that just want to be seen ala Laker fans. When we're not a competitive team, it's like a neutral field but it does get loud when the team is actually good. I would say it's similar to Arizona in that regard. The entire stadium is just a giant cash register for Jerrah. I've only been once and I can't count how many times I got harassed by vendors selling overpriced garbage. It's like walking through New York.

As for the team, I'm not a believer at all. They will always be a circus under the surface with the GarrettBot at the helm. The 'yes-man' is basically a University professor who has tenure with Coach Jones since he never fails to bend over and spread his you know what. Every year I lose even more respect for the GarrettBot. Last year, the team was basically the Cleveland Browns when Romo went down (1-11) and he let Greg Hardy run wild without repercussions because he didn't want to make any waves with Jerrah. This year, Coach Jones gets to run his mouth about Romo constantly to the media to the detriment of the team while the GarrettBot continues to regurgitate the same cliches to the media and clapping after every play on the sidelines. What other organization in pro sports has their coach neutered to such a degree while letting their owner make all the decisions?

Make no mistake, this team is fool's gold with another collapse on the horizon. The question is who will take advantage this year.

RussB

Reaction score
Im starting to think cowboys might not even make it past the first round.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If *allas loses the next 3 games, which is very possible, and the Hawks win the last 2, Seattle will leap frog Jerruh's kids in the seeding.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If *allas loses the next 3 games, which is very possible, and the Hawks win the last 2, Seattle will leap frog Jerruh's kids in the seeding.