"What The Rams Are Saying About The SeaHawks"

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Quarterback Jared Goff:

(On how you prepare for a game after learning of your head coach’s departure...) “You do what you do every day. Our schedule hasn’t changed. Our mindset hasn’t changed. You go out and win. If there was ever a good reason to get a win in a short week, it’s this one and the best time to win is now.”

He sounds afraid. 8)

Entire article here: http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/14 ... e-seahawks

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
And from the newly-minted head coach:

Interim Head Coach John Fassel
(On this week’s game against the Seahawks…) “Seattle is a great team. I think the cool thing about it for us is we’re obviously out of the playoffs, but an opportunity to practice like it’s a playoff atmosphere game is pretty good. This’ll be really good for us. I’m super excited.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/14 ... e-seahawks

Boycie

Reaction score
semiahmoo":xv6d264l said:
And from the newly-minted head coach:

Interim Head Coach John Fassel
(On this week’s game against the Seahawks…) “Seattle is a great team. I think the cool thing about it for us is we’re obviously out of the playoffs, but an opportunity to practice like it’s a playoff atmosphere game is pretty good. This’ll be really good for us. I’m super excited.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/14 ... e-seahawks

Nothing new.

We are their SB!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1ac4o4aq said:
We are their SB!

That's been the problem.....................same with New Orleans, same with Tampa, same with GB. Haven't been able to answer the intensity levels when these teams come out with that added fire because they're playing us.

Boycie

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wyqjdnx said:
Ace_Rimmer":2wyqjdnx said:
We are their SB!

That's been the problem.....................same with New Orleans, same with Tampa, same with GB. Haven't been able to answer the intensity levels when these teams come out with that added fire because they're playing us.

It's what happens to teams that have success like we have. The problem is what you have stated, that we aren't matching the other team's intensity level.

That is what concerns me, because you see this when guys get comfortable. Can they honestly look themselves in the mirror, and say that they are following the "always compete" model?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team won't be getting comfortable at all. Sunday was a big wakeup call. Gonna' be fired up tonight.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":m5h3q813 said:
Can they honestly look themselves in the mirror, and say that they are following the "always compete" model?

That "Pete-ism" is more of an internal mantra for battling for spots and playing time.

But yes, I think what we've learned since our SB win is this version of the Hawks isn't a very good front runner, they play much nastier and consistently when being the disrespected underdog. Seems like they need that chip on their shoulder to find that intensity level needed to punch back.

Haven't really seen it a whole lot for the past couple of years. Still a very good team, but the intensity level and pack of dogs nastiness is nowhere near where it was in 2012-2013.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":xdq16oln said:
Ace_Rimmer":xdq16oln said:
Can they honestly look themselves in the mirror, and say that they are following the "always compete" model?

That "Pete-ism" is more of an internal mantra for battling for spots and playing time.

But yes, I think what we've learned since our SB win is this version of the Hawks isn't a very good front runner, they play much nastier and consistently when being the disrespected underdog. Seems like they need that chip on their shoulder to find that intensity level needed to punch back.

Haven't really seen it a whole lot for the past couple of years. Still a very good team, but the intensity level and pack of dogs nastiness is nowhere near where it was in 2012-2013.

Agreed. Hawks have been a good team but not a great one the last couple years. Def. lower level of game-to-game intensity/nastiness over prior Carroll years.

Plus, we are missing a consistent run game. Beast would pound defenses play after play, and when 3rd quarter rolled around, it seemed our defense so often kicked it into another gear just as their defense really started to fatigue.

A long-term healthy Rawls with a more consistent O-Line might give us something like that back, but so far we haven't had either of those post-Beast.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2yl3fgy6 said:
Plus, we are missing a consistent run game. Beast would pound defenses play after play, and when 3rd quarter rolled around, it seemed our defense so often kicked it into another gear just as their defense really started to fatigue.

A long-term healthy Rawls with a more consistent O-Line might give us something like that back, but so far we haven't had either of those post-Beast.

Definitely part of it, Marshawn was the tone setter for the offense, don't have that right now.

As a whole this team has struggled the last two years to find any identity, let alone that physical bully on the block they had when Marshawn was rolling and the defense was punching people in the mouth.

I think Pete's TRYING to get back to that? But it hasn't really been working.