2017 Opponents (Home/Road)

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit early for this but with the division likely within reach our future schedule is starting to take shape:

Road
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Dallas
NY Giants
NFC North winner (Green Bay/Detroit)
Arizona
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Home
Indianapolis
Houston
Philadelphia
Washington
NFC South winner (Atlanta/Tampa Bay)
Arizona
Los Angeles
San Francisco

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rainmaker":xxhhfb4k said:
Yes, it's a bit early for this but with the division likely within reach our future schedule is starting to take shape:

Road
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Dallas
NY Giants
NFC North winner (Green Bay/Detroit)
Arizona
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Home
Indianapolis
Houston
Philadelphia
Washington
NFC South winner (Atlanta/Tampa Bay)
Arizona
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Although it would require Detroit losing their last 3 (at Giants, at Cowboys, home against the Pack) while Minny wins out (Home against Indy and da Bears, at Green Bay), the Vikings are still in the mix in the NFC North.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ The Panthers and Saints haven't been officially eliminated yet either in the NFCS, unless needing the 49ers to beat the Falcons is official.

RiverDog

Reaction score
And in news on the international front, the NFL has announced it's 2017 London schedule:

3 or 4; 9/24/17 or 10/1/17; Baltimore Ravens vs. Jacksonville Jaguars; Wembley Stadium
3 or 4; 9/24/17 or 10/1/17; New Orleans Saints vs. Miami Dolphins; Wembley Stadium
7 or 8; 10/22/17 or 10/29/17; Minnesota Vikings vs. Cleveland Browns; Twickenham Stadium
7 or 8; 10/22/17 or 10/29/17; Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams; Twickenham Stadium

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... be-playing

After 2017, we will be one of just 6 teams that have not played across the pond.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love seeing NO Seattle on that London Schedule. I'm sure eventually we get sent out there. But if better be a road game!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm ready to accept a schedule that does not have the Panthers or Packers on it.

If that potential schedule holds though there are some good games

RiverDog

Reaction score
ctrcat":su7yfv0c said:
^ The Panthers and Saints haven't been officially eliminated yet either in the NFCS, unless needing the 49ers to beat the Falcons is official.

Both the Saints and the Panthers have been eliminated for the NFCS crown. They both are 3 games behind the Bucs and Falcons with 3 to go, meaning that those two would both have to lose out in order for either the Saints or the Panthers to tie them. The Bucs and Falcons play each other in Week 17, meaning that one of them has to win and finish at least a game ahead of the Saints and Panthers. A tie doesn't work, either, as in that scenario at least one of them would be at least a game ahead in the loss column.

OP
OP
R

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Minnesota is still alive in the NFC North but I didn't include them because they still play at Green Bay and would lose the tiebreaker with Detroit. Minny would need to go 3-0 and the Lions 0-3 for the Vikings to win it. GB is most likely division winner in light of Detroit's schedule and Stafford's injury.

If the Packers win out it sets up for our 3rd year in a row going to Lambeau Field during regular season (assuming DET loses one of their next 2 road games at NYG or DAL).

Saints and Panthers are mathematically alive for NFC South title but it's not realistic given ATL's favorable finishing stretch.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19n0w9yd said:
Love seeing NO Seattle on that London Schedule. I'm sure eventually we get sent out there. But if better be a road game!

I don't like the international series any better than anyone else. It's nothing but a bunch of greedy owners trying to squeeze the game for all it's worth. The players don't like it and the fans don't like it.

But it is what it is. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. Personally, I'm hoping that we'll draw a late September-early October game someday so I can use it as an excuse to plan a European vacation.

I've also heard a rumor that we might be in line for a game in China in 2018.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As much as I hate it, we are planning on going out there if the Hawks ever play a game in London. Already have a place to stay etc.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rainmaker":1jxnbnna said:
Minnesota is still alive in the NFC North but I didn't include them because they play at Green Bay still andthe tiebreaker with Detroit. GB is most likely division winner in light of Detroit's schedule and Stafford's injury.

If the Packers win out it sets up for our 3rd year in a row going to Lambeau Field during regular season (assuming DET loses one of their next 2 road games at NYG or DAL).

Saints and Panthers are mathematically alive for NFC South title but it's not realistic given ATL's favorable finishing stretch.

The Vikings are 2 games behind the Lions with 3 to go. If they Viks win out while the Lions lose out, then the Vikings would finish with a 10-6 record while the Lions would finish 9-7.

Since the Vikings winning out would have to include a win against the Packers, currently 7-6, the Pack would then finish no better than 9-7.

In that scenario, ie Vikings winning out and Lions losing out, there would be no need to go to a tiebreaker. They'd win the division with a 10-6 record.

Saints and Panthers are both mathematically eliminated from the NFCS title because the Bucs and Falcons play each other, meaning that one of them is not going to lose out. See above.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ No Sir or Madam, the Bucs and Falcons do not play each other and the Saints and Panthers are still clinging to a thread of hope, even though a large portion of both fanbases want losses to ensure the top 5-10 pick at this point.

RiverDog

Reaction score
ctrcat":1ljfrpke said:
^ No Sir or Madam, the Bucs and Falcons do not play each other and the Saints and Panthers are still clinging to a thread of hope, even though a large portion of both fanbases want losses to ensure the top 5-10 pick at this point.

You're right. My apologies. I misread the schedule.

classicaaron

Reaction score
so we cant play on grass, and in florida and at 1pm so we def lose to the lousy Jaguars. place your early bets now :sarcasm_off: