"Packer News" Seahawk Scouting Report

ivotuk

Reaction score
"““Seattle’s offensive line is so bad. But when Green Bay’s had success, like against Philadelphia, teams had corners that couldn’t match up. Seattle has corners that can match up.”

On Tuesday, three personnel people all picked the Seahawks by scores of 20-17, 24-20 and 27-21.

“Seattle’s offense is getting back to their formula of running the ball with (Thomas) Rawls back and play-action pass,” an NFC scout said. “Being able to run will diminish the glaring weakness of their offensive line, which is pass protection.

“Green Bay does have enough athletes up front to help corral (Russell) Wilson. Seattle in the red zone with (Jimmy) Graham is a difficult matchup. Green Bay might be forced to kick field goals because Seattle’s red-zone defense is very good.”"

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports ... /95040342/

Hawks46

Reaction score
I find it tremendously ironic that personnel guys are somewhat uninformed.

Our starting OL has a harder time run blocking than pass protecting this year. We've had really bad pass protection issues when our starters are out.

Graham would be a pretty tough match up in the red zone....if we actually threw to him. Of all the receivers I can find info on, only Lockett is targeted less in the red zone than Graham.

Green Bay might have the athletes up front to corral Wilson.....if they weren't all injured. Perry and Mathews to start, but I counted two DT's and no less than 4 Lbers either our or Limited Practice on their injury report. I hope they have depth because their defense makes ours look healthy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Maulbert":2r84g32y said:
We have Britt back. I'm a lot less concerned when he's in.

Wow, I never thought I'd ever say that last year.

It's like saying, Wow.. I really like Lima beans.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawks46":1j1kzdvx said:
I find it tremendously ironic that personnel guys are somewhat uninformed.

Our starting OL has a harder time run blocking than pass protecting this year. We've had really bad pass protection issues when our starters are out.

I really don't know how our run blocking is. C-Mike from all reports, did not use the blocking to his benefit and results have a huge hand in evaluating the O-lines performance.

Graham would be a pretty tough match up in the red zone....if we actually threw to him. Of all the receivers I can find info on, only Lockett is targeted less in the red zone than Graham.

I am hopeful Wilson and Graham can develop the trust and chemistry the Graham had with Brees and I think Wilson has with Bladwin and Kearse but Wilson is not the red zone QB that Brees is (at least not yet) so that may take some time.

Green Bay might have the athletes up front to corral Wilson.....if they weren't all injured. Perry and Mathews to start, but I counted two DT's and no less than 4 Lbers either our or Limited Practice on their injury report. I hope they have depth because their defense makes ours look healthy.

My big concerns for this game are the weather #1 but mostly how it will probably contribute to a (#2) poor playing surface on natural grass. I'm nervous about the temperatures but not nearly as much as the field conditions because we lose speed on grass.

I'm hopeful and optimistic and I feel we are the better team but those conditions in an away game do scare me.

Beyond that the only other thing that scares me is the officiating. The game is not prime time where the world is watching and GB seems to get the benefit of the doubt way to often for my liking. Hopefully the ref's are not the topic of conversations after this game.