Seahawks painting end zones Action Green for Thursday night?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sure looks like it:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RylandNEI/status/806299826753183744[/tweet]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anyone else getting sick of this color rush bologna like I am? The Hawks pull it off because they've used that nuclear reactor waste green before in games and in practice, but some of these other teams' jerseys just look gimmicky. Hell, they didn't let Zimmer coach the Vikings last week because they figured his eye hadn't healed enough to be subjected to that mad dog purple.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i'd much rather have "throwback" thursdays where the teams where their inaugural jerseys and colors

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":ed6kxpb3 said:
i'd much rather have "throwback" thursdays where the teams where their inaugural jerseys and colors

And helmets. College teams have new helmets practically every week. It should be pretty easy to determine if they have a higher rate of concussions.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2h1yyxzj said:
Crizilla":2h1yyxzj said:

And helmets. College teams have new helmets practically every week. It should be pretty easy to determine if they have a higher rate of concussions.

Never understood the concussion thing with changing helmets. Helmets are sized much better then they were even ten years ago. Very nominal change at best. One could even switch the padding in the helmets, teams have plenty of equipment guys.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
seahawkfreak":2hnuneuy said:
Seanhawk":2hnuneuy said:
Crizilla":2hnuneuy said:

Never understood the concussion thing with changing helmets. Helmets are sized much better then they were even ten years ago. Very nominal change at best. One could even switch the padding in the helmets, teams have plenty of equipment guys.

Me either. It's not like the NFL doesn't have a gazillion dollars worth of profits they could use. It's not like they can't say, "hey, I want this exact helmet, but with this color scheme painted on it."

There is zero reason for teams not to be able to maintain two different colors of exactly the same helmets for every player on the team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seanhawk":v98x957k said:
Crizilla":v98x957k said:

The NCAA also has 1) the targeting rule and 2) no billion dollar lawsuit against them for said concussions.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3bmtwxxi said:
Seanhawk":3bmtwxxi said:
Crizilla":3bmtwxxi said:

The biggest reason is that some players still use helmets that are no longer in distribution. Thus, if you switched them out of a special helmet... and they got a concussion.. that happy little lawsuit comes back into play.

But really it all stems back to that lawsuit. That's why the NFL has the policies in place as they are. It definitely sucks because I would love to see every team have a ton of jersey/helmet options, especially with Nike in the fold, but not going to happen.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hasselbeck":bypm6flm said:
seahawkfreak":bypm6flm said:
Seanhawk":bypm6flm said:
Crizilla":bypm6flm said:

The biggest reason is that some players still use helmets that are no longer in distribution. Thus, if you switched them out of a special helmet... and they got a concussion.. that happy little lawsuit comes back into play.

But really it all stems back to that lawsuit. That's why the NFL has the policies in place as they are. It definitely sucks because I would love to see every team have a ton of jersey/helmet options, especially with Nike in the fold, but not going to happen.

So...

"We can't make new helmets that would comply with all the safety standards our current helmets have, so we can't have throwback helmets in the league!"

"But some players still use old helmets that are no longer in distribution."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

253hawk

Reaction score
We'll see what happens when the last player with a grandfathered helmet finally retires. Of course it'll probably be some kicker that plays until he's 47.

HawkMaster12

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the Rams go down. Please, for the love of God, beat the Rams! I don't care what they're wearing, just get this hurdle out the way

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":24updt5i said:
Anyone else getting sick of this color rush bologna like I am? The Hawks pull it off because they've used that nuclear reactor waste green before in games and in practice, but some of these other teams' jerseys just look gimmicky. Hell, they didn't let Zimmer coach the Vikings last week because they figured his eye hadn't healed enough to be subjected to that mad dog purple.

:snack:

Yep, more BS marketing nonsense se from the NFL when what we really want to watch is football. The games look like college games from bottom tier schools with some of the Colorado rush uniforms :pukeface:

Sell more jerseys, sell more boner pills, or trucks, beer, or whatever by colour blinding the fans to a game where the referees are now getting more play time than the actual football. The league should focus upon improving the officiating, or at least making the crews more consistent so there is equity game to game. BS is after simply BS.

The league has got to know that the public is starting to turn games off because there is so much rubbish being foisted on them in the guise of a pretence of 'getting it right', or to make a quick buck, the football is getting harder to watch.

We as fans of the Seahawks, a team publicly boned in XL or by Vinnie's helmet know BS or bad bologna when we see it. However, if they think you can make a buck by doing something other instead of showing us football it will happen unless we as fans reject this rubbish.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic color. Those end zones should NEVER be another color other than Blue. And they don't need the Toxic Avenger jerseys, let alone end zones. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Latest posts