Buck/Aikman to call Seahawks-Packers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It will also be the national game of the week, shown everywhere in the country aside from the markets getting NO/TB, and ATL/LA

Maps haven't been revealed just yet, but there's a good chance out of market Seahawk fans will see this one Sunday.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=14

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sure be nice to step on their throats at home. Here's to lady luck having our back this week!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Our game will definitely get good coverage. I will say that I think the Bucs/Saints game should be a good one as well. I would be interested in watching it if it weren't on at the same time as the Seahawks game

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Amazing I'll likely get to watch them for the 5th week in a row..So glad I did not buy NFL Ticket

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've already checked my local listings and I should be getting the game (so yay for you other Colorado Seahawks fans!).

I too have been impressed by the number of games I've gotten this year. Very pleased.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":8fn9k8zi said:
I've already checked my local listings and I should be getting the game (so yay for you other Colorado Seahawks fans!).

I too have been impressed by the number of games I've gotten this year. Very pleased.
Perhaps it is a sign that we finally are 'arriving.' Since Pete, we've been in the playoffs every year but one, have been to two SBs, and in season have gone toe-to-toe with some perennial favorites around the league. Perhaps we earned the right to having eyes on us in the minds of the producers and fans around the country. Plus, beyond all of the winning, we tend to play the kind of games they like, that come down to the 4th quarter, and have drama as well as quality play. They probably get to charge advertisers more for their 4th Quarter spots because of teams like us. ;)

Maybe some of the 'hate' we get is because people are starting to get tired of us being on TV instead of their favorites, much like we hate teams like Dallas because they are "always on."

:2thumbs:

HawkGA

Reaction score
The following week will be on TV too with the Thursday night game.

I'm guessing that might be the last one though. AZ and the 9ers aren't likely to draw coverage for me.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Actually I take that back. The following week the only competition for games is Rams and 9ers. So Seahawks-Cards will probably be the national game then too.

And in Week 17 I would say there is a chance. Denver-Oakland I would think is a prime candidate for getting the Sunday night game which would open up the Sunday afternoon game for me.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Actually I take that back. The following week the only competition for games is Rams and 9ers. So Seahawks-Cards will probably be the national game then too.

And in Week 17 I would say there is a chance. Denver-Oakland I would think is a prime candidate for getting the Sunday night game which would open up the Sunday afternoon game for me.

AlciG

Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky to live in the Netherlands and have gamepass... I get to see all the games. :0190l:

A

Anonymous

There is something I like about Buck that the other TV guys don't seem to do as well. It's before and during the time when the ball is snapped, he will allow the play to develop in silence for a moment. Then, when it looks like Russ is back to pass, he just says, "Wilson...!" then, while the good thing happens, he picks up with the more exact calling. "...and caught by Graham across the middle!".

That hesitation and "let things play out" silence is reminiscent of the Marv Albert/Michael Jordan calls when Marv would just go, "Jordan.... Yes!!!!". Makes things funner I think. You have to pay more attention to the visuals.

I know that a lot of people enjoy the Raible-esque detailed radio-type chatter with the formation explanations, but I can see all that. Don't need to hear that Wilson is in the shotgun on every down, I can see it. Now, when it's an empty backfield, I may need to hear that as I watch the defense a lot and don't always pay attention to the RBs as much.

Anybody with me?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Buck and Aikman are the most one sided announcers.

Aikmans "analysis" is always being highly critical of every mistake on the field, and Buck is a front runner cheering for whoever he has money on. The TV will be muted during this game

Attachments

• 12190103_10208069390071903_7294683467974482705_n.jpg
    12190103_10208069390071903_7294683467974482705_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 928

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2lb94zlq said:
There is something I like about Buck that the other TV guys don't seem to do as well. It's before and during the time when the ball is snapped, he will allow the play to develop in silence for a moment. Then, when it looks like Russ is back to pass, he just says, "Wilson...!" then, while the good thing happens, he picks up with the more exact calling. "...and caught by Graham across the middle!".

That hesitation and "let things play out" silence is reminiscent of the Marv Albert/Michael Jordan calls when Marv would just go, "Jordan.... Yes!!!!". Makes things funner I think. You have to pay more attention to the visuals.

I know that a lot of people enjoy the Raible-esque detailed radio-type chatter with the formation explanations, but I can see all that. Don't need to hear that Wilson is in the shotgun on every down, I can see it. Now, when it's an empty backfield, I may need to hear that as I watch the defense a lot and don't always pay attention to the RBs as much.

Anybody with me?

A very subtle thing, but you're right. Great post.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I like buck but I grew up with him doing the world series and I think he does baseball better

HawkGA

Reaction score
NINEster":16vipfsp said:
No Sunday Night games on week 17.

Really? I thought they just left it open so they could pick the best matchup. Basically like Flex but without the constraints from any of the networks.

Edit***

If I read this correctly, there is still a Sunday night game.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ci8t29r said:
NINEster":2ci8t29r said:

Really? I thought they just left it open so they could pick the best matchup. Basically like Flex but without the constraints from any of the networks.

Edit***

Some confusion here, I think. I believe there is no Monday Night game in week 17. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if Buck will be able to talk with Erin Rodgers' ..... in his mouth all game long....... :roll:

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":12d21xx4 said:
HawkGA":12d21xx4 said:
NINEster":12d21xx4 said:

Edit***

Some confusion here, I think. I believe there is no Monday Night game in week 17. ;)

As I recall, you are correct, there is no Monday night game so as not to give a team an extra day over another before the playoff weekend. It's a pain for any team that has to play on Monday when the playoffs are that coming weekend. They gave the extra Monday game to start the season to compensate the networks when they made the change.

As far as SNF is concerned, they've been leaving that slot open every year to try to get a decent match-up. As of now, I'd guess it's between these teams:

Washington / NY Giants

New England / Miami

Raiders / Broncos

With that division as tight as it is right now, I'd think that the Raiders / Broncos game would be the most likely, but there are still a few weeks for situations to change.