Snow in GB Sunday???

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The last game I remember playing there in the snow is one I would like to forget.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They have no running game and CMike will be falling all over helping us out.Thats what you do in snow-run right?

GLio14

Reaction score
I'm not even mad. I love watching football in the snow.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Will it benefit or hinder the Hawks?

After watching the Texans slip and fall leaving Nelson wide open doesn't inspire confidence.

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":1at14b5z said:

After watching the Texans slip and fall leaving Nelson wide open doesn't inspire confidence.

I don't see how it would be much different than rain in Seattle, and probably somewhat better. Besides, our run game is definitely better now that Rawls and Pope seem to be full steam. Add in a mobile Wilson and we will run up the gut on them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1b3s61l6 said:

I wouldn't compare the Texans to our defense.

When has Rodgers ever gone off on our D in the Carroll era? In the snow? I like our chances, especially with how well Rawls the O-line played against the #1 rush D last weekend.

GB has a terrible defense this year, I expect Russell and company to put up another crooked number, weather or not.

GLio14

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cmh4m92 said:
We want the ball and we're gonna score
I remember how badly I cringed when he said that... I just knew we were losing after that.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uap4a7o said:
Largent80":2uap4a7o said:

This one may have hurt even more than the "We want the ball" game.........cause we were up 14-0.

I surely did for all of us .Netters at a huge party. I forget who got the knee injury (a WR) and the snow started coming and it turned into a nightmare. That game was after the one at the Clink where we beat the Redskins on a long Trufant pick 6.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Typically wet and sloppy footing benefits the offense.

On defense you have to react to the offensive player, and use quickness to get around blockers. Rodgers has been on fire lately so color me a bit worried here. Also, snow negates a speed advantage. This is where losing Earl hurts us. Earl's instincts have him at the right place at the right time where Terrell uses his speed to make up for any mistakes or lack of instincts.

That said, it will also help our OL. If you give Wilson time, he's going to hurt you...bad. Looking at our offense, we have way more talent than the Packers do. If Russ can put the ball on the money, we'll outscore the Pack.

Theoretically anyways.

sutz

Reaction score
In many ways, I'd be more worried about wind than snow.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Rogers has a nagging hammy problem. He made a comment a week or two ago how the cold affects it. That said the colder the better. We player the Vikings last year and survived (barely) so I think our players will be ready for the cold.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Largent80":2kjc47zu said:
The last game I remember playing there in the snow is one I would like to forget.

Oh yes-
sorry to remind you but it was 2007, up 14-0 .
No snow at beginning of game. Once it came down, it was over.
and we had the distinct honor of being Favre's last victim in Lambeau. He didnt win a game there after that. They lost to NYG the following week.

Game that ended like too many until the Carroll era.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
GB has played teams that give up over 20 a game and Houston is in a weak division. Washington gives up over 24 a game. Philly is a shell of their earlier selves.

Friggin Indy beat them 31-26 at GB and Indy stinks.

We are by far the better team but that snow can cause problems. I wasn't comparing our defense to Houston's as Largent implied, I merely said, they slipped a lot and caused wide open receptions.