Who to root for-Week 13

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Week 12 ended up with an even differential, and all of the NFC west lost, so it could have been worse. If the cards lose this week and we win, the cards will then go in the "root for" column to push draft order later and give us stronger SOS. Need the division first though, and after this sunday, my confidence is shaken a bit. * means there is valid argument to root the other way.

Thursday:
vikings-cowboys
ROOT FOR: VIKINGS-1

Sunday:
10:00:

rams-patriots
ROOT FOR: RAMS*-1

lions-saints
ROOT FOR: SAINTS-1

49ers-bears
ROOT FOR: 49ERS-1

texans-packers
ROOT FOR: TEXANS-1

chiefs -falcons
ROOT FOR: CHIEFS+1

eagles-bengals
ROOT FOR: BENGALS+1

1:00

giants-steelers
ROOT FOR:STEELERS+1

redskins-cards
ROOT FOR: REDSKINS-1

bucs-chargers
ROOT FOR: CHARGERS -1

5:30:
hawks-panthers
ROOT FOR: DERP+1

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm good never rooting for Santa Clara or the Rams, but thank you ;)

If we take care of business in December, the only teams to root for are whoever plays the Cowboys.

Polaris

Reaction score
I disagree. Root for the Patriots. A Rams loss + SEA win results with the Rams being elminated from the NFCW and within a game or so from being eliminated from the playoffs altogether.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
If Rams and 49ers lose, it weakens our strength of schedule and gives them a higher draft pick as well next year, but if you want those things then feel free. I personally am more of a fan of the Seahawks and want what's in the Hawks best interest, but that is me.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Polaris":ymekrsps said:
I disagree. Root for the Patriots. A Rams loss + SEA win results with the Rams being elminated from the NFCW and within a game or so from being eliminated from the playoffs altogether.

For the Rams to win division, we have to lose 4 of the next five, and they have to win 4 of the next 5. The odds of that happening are extremely unlikely, near impossible., I would rather our SOS be stronger for seeding applications and for the Rams to have a later draft pick. They will be mathematically eliminated soon enough.

If the cards lose this week and we win, we want them to start winning as well to help us out in tie breaker situations and push draft order back for them. It seems counter intuitive to root for division rivals, but it is in the Hawks best interest in all categories.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Personally I'm rooting against the Rams in every game just so that Fisher doesn't have to put up with the 7-9 BS!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see a little more distance between us and the Lions/Falcons, so I'll root against the Lions and Packers, but other than that, I'm not overly concerned about any of the other matchups.

IMO, we can give the #1 seed to Dallas. We'll be fine with a #2 seed. I'm not even certain Dallas would make it to the Championship game even with HFA, but I don't mind having to travel to Dallas after a bye week and a home game if that's what has to happen.

Most importantly, I want to see us start to gain health in our players and stop having all these injuries. That is what I'll be rooting for more than anything

sutz

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2g233f4r said:
If Rams and 49ers lose, it weakens our strength of schedule and gives them a higher draft pick as well next year, but if you want those things then feel free. I personally am more of a fan of the Seahawks and want what's in the Hawks best interest, but that is me.
I figure we'll be drafting #32 anyway, so :229031_shrug:

Anyway, thanks for the info and such. I usually don't watch anybody but the Seahawks.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys have got it locked up. The Vikes scare me as a team who could get AP back and with that elite front 7, give us issues in the playoffs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
johnnyfever":5gb69gwz said:
Polaris":5gb69gwz said:

For the Rams to win division, we have to lose 4 of the next five, and they have to win 4 of the next 5. The odds of that happening are extremely unlikely, near impossible., I would rather our SOS be stronger for seeding applications and for the Rams to have a later draft pick. They will be mathematically eliminated soon enough.

If the cards lose this week and we win, we want them to start winning as well to help us out in tie breaker situations and push draft order back for them. It seems counter intuitive to root for division rivals, but it is in the Hawks best interest in all categories.

I get the logic of this, but the Rams don't have a first round pick. And the draft is a crap shoot anyway. We are living proof of this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lukerguy":1hiq5nyo said:
I think the Cowboys have got it locked up. The Vikes scare me as a team who could get AP back and with that elite front 7, give us issues in the playoffs.

AD is a shell of his former self, and the Vikings OL is arguably worse than ours. The Vikings will be lucky to make the playoffs and are not a threat IMO.

That said I sure hope they win Thursday

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Rooting for the Vikings tonight. If we still have a chance at the number 1 seed, then I'm all in for whatever it takes. Maybe we go on a roll and the Cowboys drop some games.

Polaris

Reaction score
Well the Vikings made it close, but the Cowboys pulled it out. Honestly I think we can beat Dallas (if healthy in the playoffs which I think we will be) either here or in Jerry-World. I think we can pretty much assume that Dallas has the #1 seed pretty much sewn up. Time for us to clinch our division and get the #2 which I think we will.

Edit PS: For us to catch Dallas, Dallas would have to lose three of the last four while we won out, or Dallas would have to lose the NFCE. I think the chance of either is basically zero.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Ended up -3 differential, but hammered the panthers. Too bad about Thomas. NO WAY he is retiring. Dude lives and breathes football. He is just incredibly upset that his season might be over and has his heart on his sleeve. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back just in time for the superbowl. How epic would that be.

If we continue to play like we did this week and avoid another showing like last week, we should be a shoe in for the number 2 seed. Our schedule looks good, but the packers are fighting for their lives so I think that might be a tough game.

Optimus25

Reaction score
lukerguy":bwgv64wm said:

We shut ap down twice last year, and i have never in my life witnessed an offense as putrid as Thursday night's Sam Bradford led Vikings. It was pathetic.

seabowl

Reaction score
Optimus25":3pxs0bvw said:
lukerguy":3pxs0bvw said:

We shut ap down twice last year, and i have never in my life witnessed an offense as putrid as Thursday night's Sam Bradford led Vikings. It was pathetic.

See the 1991-92 Seahawks under Stan Gelbaugh. It did not and has not gotten worse than that. That my friend was putrid.