Cool fact about the remaining Seahawks schedule...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
...And that is there is only one team on it with a winning schedule.

:stirthepot:

It's not Green Bay, Arizona, or Carolina (who are all left to play)

It is the 5-4 Philadelphia Eagles.

We are going to own the Rams at home, btw.

seahawksny

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2l1dlr5e said:

Well- one day i think we will own the rams. Hopefully this year. Yet their D leads me to believe it will be like rest of games we had with them. All Dogfights. Hopefully we come out on top, but that game worries me more than any other.

The other game that worries me is Carolina. I mean how long can they play like this? they need to turn it around at some point so they will be fired up for that one.

Largent80

Reaction score
seahawksny":1kv0ozew said:
NJSeaHawk":1kv0ozew said:

Well- one day i think we will own the rams. Hopefully this year. Yet their D leads me to believe it will be like rest of games we had with them. All Dogfights. Hopefully we come out on top, but that game worries me more than any other.

The other game that worries me is Carolina. I mean how long can they play like this? they need to turn it around at some point so they will be fired up for that one.

We owe both of those teams a big fat ass whooping.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Largent80":i2uuotno said:
seahawksny":i2uuotno said:
NJSeaHawk":i2uuotno said:

We owe both of those teams a big fat ass whooping.

Yes we do. Could not have said it better

Hawks46

Reaction score
seahawksny":2q9g5z4v said:
NJSeaHawk":2q9g5z4v said:

I think the Rams game up here will be a bit better for us. The OL will have a lot more experience at that point, and will have seen those guys once as well. Remember, that was Glowinski's 3rd NFL start going up against Donald, while Britt was still inexperienced (although he played well) and we didn't have Ifedi that game.

You're not the only one worried about the Panthers. I have this feeling they have one great game left in them and they'll uncork it on us. The really good thing is that they're almost out of contention already, so if we get up on them early, Cam Newton will start pouting and whining to the refs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't look at record when checking out weekly opponents, I look at desperation.................because in the NFL how desperate a team needs that game is more important than their record.

Looking at who we have left to play, I see a LOT of desperate teams on the schedule. Teams that still have a shot at making the playoffs when we'll play them. Cards, Bucs, Panthers, Eagles and Packers, all will be fighting for their playoff lives.

Doesn't mean we're not far more talented than these teams, and SHOULD win most of these games. But it ain't gonna be easy.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm kind of liking the 4 home, 3 road aspect of it as well. ;)

McGruff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22g72uyn said:
I don't look at record when checking out weekly opponents, I look at desperation.................because in the NFL how desperate a team needs that game is more important than their record.

Looking at who we have left to play, I see a LOT of desperate teams on the schedule. Teams that still have a shot at making the playoffs when we'll play them. Cards, Bucs, Panthers, Eagles and Packers, all will be fighting for their playoff lives.

Doesn't mean we're not far more talented than these teams, and SHOULD win most of these games. But it ain't gonna be easy.

Right now, a lot of the teams on our schedule are at the 4-5/5-4 mark . . . and that does make them dangerous. Of course, looking at the standing, the NFL seems mired in mediocrity with 75% of teams seemingly in that predicament.

Also, I think you have to look at trends as well. The Dolphins are 5-4, but have 4 wins in a row. The Vikings are 5-4, but have 4 losses in a row.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Take a look at who the Cowboys have beaten, talk about a ridiculous easy schedule. After what we saw on Sunday night, I can't imagine anyone ever thinking the Hawks can't win a game. Regardless who they are playing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":3u7n4a3w said:
Sgt. Largent":3u7n4a3w said:

Right now, a lot of the teams on our schedule are at the 4-5/5-4 mark . . . and that does make them dangerous. Of course, looking at the standing, the NFL seems mired in mediocrity with 75% of teams seemingly in that predicament.

Also, I think you have to look at trends as well. The Dolphins are 5-4, but have 4 wins in a row. The Vikings are 5-4, but have 4 losses in a row.

For sure.

I will temper my post here a little, cause if there's one thing we've learned about the NFL, it's impossible to look ahead more than a week or two at opponents, or even your own team. So much can change on the turn of a dime in this league........................injuries, parity, who's playing well who's not, desperation, travel, etc. So many factors week to week.

Fun to talk about, but rarely comes out like you anticipate. Which is what makes the NFL the greatest sports league there is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, not going to assume that just because Green Bay is down a little, that it won't be a tough game to win on the road. Shoot, Philly has a solid team, and though they are not near the team on the road as they are on the road, they still have a solid D. And of course, you have to watch out for Sproles all night.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't sleep on the Cardinals just yet. They aren't going away and I can see them nippin' on our heels the rest of the way.

And I don't care how average the Packers look right now. They ALWAYS are tough to beat in Green Bay.

And the Panthers are definitely not as formidable as last year but that won't be a cake walk either.

sutz

Reaction score
Anybody with less than 6 wins is still in the playoff hunt. While it may be unlikely a 9-7 team makes it, it is still possible.

So yeah, any team can and will be 'dangerous' to us. As 'one of the best teams in the league,' we still have the target on our backs.

But hell, I could think of a lot worse situations to be in going down the stretch. We're playing from ahead in the playoff hunt.

andyh64000

Reaction score
seahawksny":iadmxomo said:
NJSeaHawk":iadmxomo said:

They are starting Goff now...they won't win another game this season.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
4 home games, 3 road

No more 10 AM starts

2 more home prime time games where we usually play well; one against the rams where we get to wear those sick green unis ;) (I like them, eat me)

Christmas eve game against the cards at the clink is going to be off the hook, taking my kid to that one.

Finish the season against SF who we could probably beat with backups if we need to rest anyone to get healthy for the playoffs.

Only down side of the remaining schedule is that the Cowboys doesn't look any more difficult than ours.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Aros":341l5udp said:
Don't sleep on the Cardinals just yet. They aren't going away and I can see them nippin' on our heels the rest of the way.

And I don't care how average the Packers look right now. They ALWAYS are tough to beat in Green Bay.

And the Panthers are definitely not as formidable as last year but that won't be a cake walk either.

The thing with the cards is Arians gets so emotional-both negative and poitive-and his team emulates this emotion. When they are doing well, Arians exudes confidence and positivity. When they are doing bad, he throws guys under the bus (kicker), blames refs, throws tantrums etc. The cards aren't out of it, but if they lose a couple more, they will be easy to beat in my opinion, especially if we beat the eagles.

The rams just need a good hard beatdown by this team. Not just score wise, but really make Goff begin to question his decisions, and light up their defense. With Fant instead of sowell at LT we should do MUCH etter when we see them next. He is a much more powerful and quick left tackle. Once we get it in their head that we are decisively better and take away their confidence they have when they play us, the sooner we can put this stupid "always play us tough" thing to bed. Break their spirit. This will take a couple of games probably, but it starts with this next one.

The eagles game is going to be tougher than we think. Yes, we beat the patriots convincingly and played a phenomenal game against them, but they don't really have a pass rush and a mediocre defense in general. The eagles defense is much better and will be a good test for us to see if the line has really improved as much as it looked like last game. Rawls will have a slow start I think. Similar to the beginning of the season when he was just too excited to go and doesn't keep patient and let the line open up before he hits it. I think he does bust one or two real good runs though which will give him confidence going into week 12. Anxious to see how pope does against this defense as well. We haven't seen him run against a starting defensive line.

I think the 9ers are going to gel under kaep. By the time we play them, we might see a decent team. We have seen before what a confident kaep can do. The guy is an athletic freak. His main issues happen between his ears.

Panthers don't scare me. They look lost and with the way cam whines, I don't see them or him turning it around. He blames everything else but the problem, which is him. This doesn't give the other players the confidence and fire needed to finish strong.

Packers are similar to the panthers as they are in meltdown and blamegame mode. There is a big disconnect between the coaches and the players, and the players are left torn and unfocused. Should be a decisive win.

The bucs are streaky. so no telling what team we will see. We could blow them out or it could be a battle. They have good players but questionable playcalling and execution at times from what I have seen. I see us as the favorite to win this game though.

This obviously hinges on health. The running game really opens up our playbook. If Rawls gets injured again and we don't have pope or procise, we could be in trouble. Both Rawls and procise have shown to be injury prone (procise in college and rawls has 2 broken bones in less than a full season), so this is a concern.

Overall, I think we drop for sure 1, maybe 2 games ending with 11-4-1. If we can go 12-3-1, I think we have a very good shot at HFA as Dallas' record is better than the actual team. They have some tough games coming up, and I see them dropping at least 2, but we need them to drop 3.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Bucs have a pretty bad O-line. If bennett is healthy by then should be a good one for our D line.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ir3z4cmg said:
Bucs have a pretty bad O-line. If bennett is healthy by then should be a good one for our D line.

And they play the chiefs next, so we could be playing a 6 loss team playing for their life. They are second in their division right now with only 1 loss back of the falcons. If we beat them and the chiefs beat them, which both are probable, they are done and they know it. Especially if the falcons win. The next 2 weeks will really decide the season for many teams.