Siliga Released, Pope Signed

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Wow what what an eventful day. Very excited to finally see Pope given a shot.

I feel bad for Silliga though. He's been dependable and solid.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/798681483569283072[/tweet]

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything official on Pope, but if true... I wonder if playing him vs a great D like the Eagles helps them get an understanding of what they have in Collins (as well as Pope)

If Pope signs and plays and goes on to make noise...its possible they risk losing Collins through waivers in order to put him on the PS.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The purpose of Pope should have been to have been a backup returner and as a Rawls-lite runner if Rawls was still hurt.

Rawls was hurt and we needed a backup returner.

I imagine it cost us at least one game if not two because of that omission (hard to tell because even with the better field position, our offense seems to turtle up when we have the lead, so doing better offensively might not have helped us if we took our foot off the gas.

But it would be hard to argue that some of the games, AZ and NO especially, would not have been a bit less trying with better field position. And it certainly could be argued that having Lockett hurt as a returner for several games, probably would have been easier to offset with Pope returning.

Of course, I haven't seen much of Pope as a returner, just the little bit in the preseason - so I don't know if there would have been a turnover risk more than normal?

Either way, it feels like the time we needed Pope is past and now we bring him on? I am perplexed. Pope was really supposed to be insurance against events that ended up happening.

More importantly, Siliga seemed to play well for us at a position we needed him to fill.

I don't understand it but hope Siliga comes back later, unless someone sees something in his tape that gives the reason here?

pcbball12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":32b6x87g said:
The purpose of Pope should have been to have been a backup returner and as a Rawls-lite runner if Rawls was still hurt.

Rawls was hurt and we needed a backup returner.

I imagine it cost us at least one game if not two because of that omission (hard to tell because even with the better field position, our offense seems to turtle up when we have the lead, so doing better offensively might not have helped us if we took our foot off the gas.

But it would be hard to argue that some of the games, AZ and NO especially, would not have been a bit less trying with better field position. And it certainly could be argued that having Lockett hurt as a returner for several games, probably would have been easier to offset with Pope returning.

Of course, I haven't seen much of Pope as a returner, just the little bit in the preseason - so I don't know if there would have been a turnover risk more than normal?

Either way, it feels like the time we needed Pope is past and now we bring him on? I am perplexed. Pope was really supposed to be insurance against events that ended up happening.

More importantly, Siliga seemed to play well for us at a position we needed him to fill.

I don't understand it but hope Siliga comes back later, unless someone sees something in his tape that gives the reason here?
This is proof that you will always find something to be upset about. You have been one of the main people on here calling bloody murder about Pope being cut. They now bring him back and you don't understand it? Lol Jeez
And Siliga has not been good at all. He has been a big body, that is it. Probably not a complete coincidence that our run D has been worse since he came back and started getting snaps.

kidhawk

Reaction score
odd that they made the moves in this particular order. They could have been more direct and released Siliga when they signed Jenkins and then released Michael to bring up Pope.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Mike Morgan has been designated for return from IR.

Doubt Pope is being elevated from the PS at this point.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3qsapi2e said:
Mike Morgan has been designated for return from IR.

Doubt Pope is being elevated from the PS at this point.

I thought I heard that they weren't ready to activate Morgan yet and that although he was designated to return, we have 2 weeks until he's actually active and on the roster.

Giblien

Reaction score
Really happy to see Pope back. He had flashes in preseason and frankly any RB who doesn't tackle himself every play (Michael) is an upgrade.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/798702568629096448[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/798702860393332736[/tweet]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1xac9jcc said:
OK. Are we now officially a Catholic team?

We actually have a Pope.

Well, he is the second coming. Of what, I have no idea.