Congrats

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Good win for you guys. Seahawks played solid all night. To me they're the best in the NFC if not the NFL. Your passing offense is much better than 2014, and D is still great. Scary to think when Wilson is 100% and Bennett is back.

I thought we could punch it in there late, but scoring from the 1 or 2 yard line isn't that easy as you well know. Tough to operate in tight space against a good defense, I don't even know why NE was QB sneaking there. Not good execution.

NE needed this win, now it'll be a dogfight to maintain home field. Good luck the rest of the way and see you again.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't think NE will have a problem with home field. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC. Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but even if they have to travel to Oakland, I suspect they would do just fine.

Ozzy

Reaction score
NE still scares me and once Lewis gets involved that makes your offense even better than it is now. Good luck the rest of the year.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I thought they would run the ball with Blount...then again I said that about our goal line play vs your team in the last game they played...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Very cool post. I seriously though we would lose this came based upon our performances in the 3 games leading up to this. Y'all are some serious iron to sharpen a sword against. Crazy how the Hawks always seen to pull it together in the 2nd half of the season. That catch by Gronk against Shead was insane, and the other Bennett was threatening to take over the game. Whew!

12thbrah

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":h79u8kn5 said:
Good win for you guys. Seahawks played solid all night. To me they're the best in the NFC if not the NFL. Your passing offense is much better than 2014, and D is still great. Scary to think when Wilson is 100% and Bennett is back.

I thought we could punch it in there late, but scoring from the 1 or 2 yard line isn't that easy as you well know. Tough to operate in tight space against a good defense, I don't even know why NE was QB sneaking there. Not good execution.

NE needed this win, now it'll be a dogfight to maintain home field. Good luck the rest of the way and see you again.

Classy post. It was a great game. Pats still my pick to represent the AFC in the SB.

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks for the classy post. There was a lot of trepidation around here before the game, and it proved justified. Sure, we came out with the win, but your guys have nothing to be ashamed of. Lot of mutual respect.

Not sure if we're quite the 'best' in the NFC, the 'Boys have the better record so far. Let's see how we finish. Our record of strong finishes to seasons the past 4 years or so gives me hope. It's pretty sure thing that we'll get at least one home game in the playoffs this year if things continue. If Dallas stumbles, we could snatch the #1 seed.

Probably a low odds bet that last night was a SB preview.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Nice post, 50yrpatsfan. Thanks for showing class. It was a great game, probably the best game I've seen in the NFL this year. Just two great teams battling it out and it could have gone either way. The last 3 games of Hawks vs. Pats have all been that way.

byau

Reaction score
All through the 4th quarter my buddy and I kept saying

"wow..really good game... either way this one goes, this is a really good game"

Especially since the refs seemed to be consistent and let everyone play a bit. Also it really wasn't a dirty game either, both teams played really really hard.

Classy post, great game

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":pmk8n09w said:

I don't think NE needed this win. The AFC East is again a dumster fire that you will easily win.........and I'd guess the AFC West will continue to beat each other up, which means none of the Donkos, Chiefs or Raiders will get out of that division without losing another couple of games.

I think this loss will give Belichick the needed ammunition to re-focus his team, as he's so good at. Rarely do the Pat's not respond with vengeance after a loss like this. So I fully expect them to win out and get home field.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The result of the game is of course pleasing to me but the interactions between the two fanbases after the game even more so. Nearly everything I saw was mutual respect.

Thanks for that.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks for coming over and having great discussion. I appreciate interaction with other fan bases just to get their perspective on their teams. Other people here are the same. You are welcome over here anytime for discussion. It is greatly appreciated. I would even appreciate your thoughts on your division opponents and situational threats to your team in the AFC. We would have to visit the NFL Forum for that tho. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":8qzm20bb said:

That game is an all time classic no matter the result at the end. Both teams played excellent games.