We should say bye bye to Alex Collins

seabowl

Reaction score
Time to pull the plug on the Alex Collins experiment. He's just not NFL caliber.

GLio14

Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to not call him NFL caliber after playing a handful of snaps.

He should be on the practice squad though. After seeing Prosise and the offensive weapon he is, we'll have 3 starting RBs on this team when Rawls comes back. I think it'll only be a matter of time really.

BWRyan

Reaction score
Totally agree. To me, he lacks agility and needs to spend a bunch of time training his ass off. Looks too sluggish for the NFL.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Was that butt fumble 2.0? He coughed it up instantly. I need to see it again. Regardless that was pathetic. Can't waste carries on this guy

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I really like Alex Collins. Comes across has a great kid, hard worker, but I have to agree.

He just doesn't look like an NFL caliber player. Really has nothing to do with the brutal fumble. He's just lethargic and muddy with his movements. I'd love to see him on the practice squad and have him putting on weight to become the next Derrick Coleman type. He is a technically good football player who could provide value has a hybrid FB/RB. He's just not an NFL RB, which is ok. Great college player. It happens.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You guys know about letting skill position players catch their breath, right? The Hawks aren't rotating personnel because they are a little league team that wants to be fair and give everybody a chance to play. There's a significant endurance factor to manage both during the course of a 60 minute game and throughout a 16 game season. Despite that, every week there are ridiculous fan complaints when a player is doing well but then spends a play or two on the sideline recovering.

edogg23

Reaction score
While we are at it, can we give more of Kearse's reps to P-Rich? Kearse was a bad signing.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Huard just pointed out a good play by Collins in the game.

He recoverd a fumble.

:)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I have not seen one quality in him that shows he's an NFL back. I hope he proves me wrong.

Jville

Reaction score
Well, well, well, Alex Collins appears to have the lead for "goat of the week" recognition.

It was inevitable that some villain would be spot lighted and tagged.

So..... goat lovers pile on.

This is your thread.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1g1cv6mt said:
Well, well, well, Alex Collins appears to have the lead for "goat of the week" recognition.

This is your thread.

To be fair, I missed most of the first half because I was in Vegas watching my girlfriend run a 10K and I didn't see him in the game at all while watching. So my opinion is based solely on what I'd seen from him prior to last night.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
I got to say I agree with this, once Rawls is back we have 3 healthy RBs send him down to practice squad. I see nothing in him that makes me feel he is NFL worthy at this point

Bobblehead

Reaction score
edogg23":1xj7d4g3 said:
While we are at it, can we give more of Kearse's reps to P-Rich? Kearse was a bad signing.

You know what would happen if we drop Kearse right?
Russell WIlson's QB rating will go up.
Our WR's rating will go up
Or offensive production will go up

Our Kearse words will go down.

Jville

Reaction score
Seanhawk":qkjttx5h said:
Jville":qkjttx5h said:

This is your thread.

To be fair, I missed most of the first half because I was in Vegas watching my girlfriend run a 10K and I didn't see him in the game at all while watching. So my opinion is based solely on what I'd seen from him prior to last night.
Forgive me. My remarks were not intended to be directed specifically at your post...... but rather directed at an unfortunate weekly theme. I intended to poke fun at the weekly .net need to identify a fall guy ...... as in something for a resident complaint department to dwell on One could speculate that a previous villain of the week might appreciate a week off ..... except they don't listen to such dribble and noise.

RCATES

Reaction score
I think the opposite is going to happen. I see C-Mike getting cut this week. Rawls is back this week and C-Mike's limited carries the last 2 games and the writing is on the wall. They will keep the rookie's who they have locked up for years and drop C-Mike. Its just not working out.

iigakusei

Reaction score
RCATES":2atn8ohg said:
I think the opposite is going to happen. I see C-Mike getting cut this week. Rawls is back this week and C-Mike's limited carries the last 2 games and the writing is on the wall. They will keep the rookie's who they have locked up for years and drop C-Mike. Its just not working out.
The only reason I don't think that happens is if for some reason Rawls has a setback you would then be left with Prosise and Collins. Agreed there is zero chance Michael is with the team next year though.