Jimmy Graham

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why is everyone so pissy a about Graham not getting his TD. We had shots to take in the end zone but missed them (execution). Maybe those shots were there because Graham took extra heat. Do people really think we just forgot about Jimmy or did not want to throw to him, or our OC is to dumb to figure that out (please dont respong the last one:)).

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pissy because it looked like he was not much of a part of the game plan, except to stand around looking for someone to block. I'll take the win first, but still, they guy is an imposing presence and should always be used as such.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1975h0rn said:
Why is everyone so pissy a about Graham not getting his TD. We had shots to take in the end zone but missed them (execution). Maybe those shots were there because Graham took extra heat. Do people really think we just forgot about Jimmy or did not want to throw to him, or our OC is to dumb to figure that out (please dont respong the last one:)).

As others have said New England game plans to take away a teams biggest offensive weapon.

kpak76

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":8olffmqt said:
Pissy because it looked like he was not much of a part of the game plan, except to stand around looking for someone to block. I'll take the win first, but still, they guy is an imposing presence and should always be used as such.

The other team does matter. Graham was schemed out of the game by belechick. It left Doug open though thus him getting 3 td's. Graham was a part of the game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kpak76":3vbu2r4t said:
Jazzhawk":3vbu2r4t said:

The other team does matter. Graham was schemed out of the game by belechick. It left Doug open though thus him getting 3 td's. Graham was a part of the game.

You're right, that's what Bellichick does. Problem is, they don't have LBer's that can cover Graham after they traded Collins. I really can't comment until I see some All 22, but it's a trend that our red zone play calling is atrocious. and we've had a hard time in the past getting Jimmy integrated into our play calling.

It's just hard to not even see a target to him in the 5 or so trips in the red zone.

Rob12

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1ecgyy4y said:

Looked to me like NE game planned around stopping him.

RW shredded them in other ways.

JG is a huge part of this offense. Some weeks, it may not be there for him but that just means someone else is going to eat.

kpak76

Reaction score
Hawks46":ggcvabcm said:
kpak76":ggcvabcm said:
Jazzhawk":ggcvabcm said:

You're right, that's what Bellichick does. Problem is, they don't have LBer's that can cover Graham after they traded Collins. I really can't comment until I see some All 22, but it's a trend that our red zone play calling is atrocious. and we've had a hard time in the past getting Jimmy integrated into our play calling.

It's just hard to not even see a target to him in the 5 or so trips in the red zone.

Notice how on games when Jimmy goes off Doug goes silent and vice versa? There's a reason for that. It's called cheating the safety.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":txefbf3d said:
We wanted to get Kearse into the game.

I swear if every (or even HALF) of the passes thrown Kearse's way went to Jimmy the Hawks would have won by 14+ pts. For every amazing catch Kease makes I swear he has like 4 drops/tipped interceptions/missed catch because he was too busy looking to the ref for a flag vs trying to get the ball.

seahawksny

Reaction score
News flash
Part of a tight end responsibility is to block also
He does this better than many give him credit for. I'd say he is very much part of the game plan

scrummymustard

Reaction score
We were 2 for 6 (or 3/7, idk exactly) in the red zone. 0 targets for Graham down there. It's a continuous trend, the lack of usage needs to be addressed.

It's not like it is just this week; our red zone play calling has been atrocious all year and have yet to feature him inside the 10, which is where we struggle the most. We should have won that game by at least 2 TDs with how much we dominated them.

seahawksny

Reaction score
scrummymustard":dvtm5mek said:
We were 2 for 6 (or 3/7, idk exactly) in the red zone. 0 targets for Graham down there. It's a continuous trend, the lack of usage needs to be addressed.

It's not like it is just this week; our red zone play calling has been atrocious all year and have yet to feature him inside the 10, which is where we struggle the most. We should have won that game by at least 2 TDs with how much we dominated them.

Baldwin caught 3 Tds
They had no answer for him

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Could've been better in the red zone last night, but some of the undoing was just poor execution (Kearse's drop, poor passes to open receivers for TDs).

I will say I don't think it's much of a coincidence that Prosise blows up catching the ball on a night when Graham couldn't find it. Watching those LB's drop deep into coverage and Wilson just keep hitting the RB for easy yards seemed to work fine.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1mqsgf3g said:
I'm sure opposing coaches schemed to take Jimmy Graham out of the game when he was in New Orleans too.... but I could be wrong.

I wonder if they were ever successful?

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":vx48xf2l said:
I'm sure opposing coaches schemed to take Jimmy Graham out of the game when he was in New Orleans too.... but I could be wrong.

I sure when they did they threw to other receivers. They were a prolific offense and if you think JG was the only weapon there you are mistaken.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm absolutely certain that many NFL fans struggle terribly with the concept and meaning of "team".

Seanhawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":bbyujnmc said:

You're not, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have 100 yards and a TD every game.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":199n10r5 said:
I'm absolutely certain that many NFL fans struggle terribly with the concept and meaning of "team".
Oh, they understand team, but it's their Fantasy Football teams they understand. A lot of the whining sounds like typical FF "I go robbed" talk. Not to mention the general "They coulda done better" rants.

I'm glad I can just enjoy the win myself. ;)