Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I Love Crow With Tartar Sauce

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I Love Crow With Tartar Sauce
Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:19 pm
  • Mmmmm...Mmmmmmm...

Okay Rob, have at us all. This is your moment and you earned it all week long telling us doubters how the Seahawks were going to beat the Patriots. I wasn't buying what you were selling, nor were 96% of Americans.

But nothing tastes better than crow to me when it comes to the Seahawks winning a game I didn't think they would.

What a HUGE win for this team! This is the game we will look back on at the end of the year and say "That was the game the Seahawks got their mojo back". While I did think Russell looked iffy in a lot of his throws, overall he played a great game. Our OL? HUGE props to them! I hope this is a building block for them and not an anomaly.

Prosise coming out party! Nice job rook! It was great to see his performance...Now we are all starting to see the weapon he can and will be for us.

Overall, good job by the refs, and yes you too Bevell. (Okay I just broke out in hives typing that)... ;)

Was the Patriots just a smidge intimidated by the Seahawks tonight? It appeared that way to me a bit. Maybe they too buy into the "Mystique" mentioned on ESPN last Monday.

Defense was huge tonight. For the first time in weeks they didn't look gassed. Gave up some big pass plays but any defense would have with some of those perfect throws by Brady. Shead was in good position on a couple of them but they were literally indefensible passes.

I still expected Brady to pull it out in the end...Glad they came up short.

PS...I think going for 2 there late in the 4th was a stupid call. Take the damn extra point to make it an 8 point game.

But I can't end on a negative. HELL of a win tonight Seahawks!! This is one we all can be proud of!

Okay Rob, take it away! :D

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: I Love Crow With Tartar Sauce
Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 pm
  • I thought they would win based off of the pass rush we saw with D Moore. Did not think they would win this way.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 pm
  • I'm also really pleased that there was no flag on that final 4th down play at the goal line. Both Kam and Gronk had hands on each other and they let it play out. Awesome.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:22 pm
  • Wilson is not quite 100% I think. But he's been getting noticeably better the last 3 weeks. Pretty good game overall.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm
  • Yum yum yum called out my sugar bears in the 3 weeks later thread
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:26 pm
  • Aros wrote:Overall, good job by the refs :D

I will have to go ahead and disagree on this part mmmkay. Just because we win does not absolve the refs of some frikin stupid calls.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:26 pm
  • sutz wrote:Wilson is not quite 100% I think. But he's been getting noticeably better the last 3 weeks. Pretty good game overall.

Yeah there were plays you could definitely see "Injured Wilson" at play, and there were plays where it looked like the old Wilson was ALMOST back. He is realistically still a few weeks away but he is healthy enough to win and that's all that matters right now.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:28 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Overall, good job by the refs :D

I will have to go ahead and disagree on this part mmmkay. Just because we win does not absolve the refs of some frikin stupid calls.

The Sherman face mask can be understood. Based on their perspective and how Edelman's head turned, it makes perfect sense why they would assume face mask even though it wasn't. So I can excuse that call.

Other than that, I saw the refs calling both sides equally.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:29 pm
  • I had no real clue which way it would go. My prediction in the Aros Prediction Thread was a Pats win by 11. Pretty much just a guess to be unique. I changed it from a win because I was feeling very homerish with picking them to win in Foxboro. I didn't think the D would stop the 3rd down conversions. They did have a few they let go, which drove me nuts. A-hem 3rd & 25.

This will definitely change the narrative of what people think. The media never really dismissed the Hawks this year but fans of other teams did.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:29 pm
  • Wouldn't you have liked to be a fly on the wall during last night's team meeting speech?

I bet it was a doozy.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:30 pm
  • Ahhhh ... you beat me to it Aros in starting this thread (I guess great minds think alike). I too, like you, have never been so happy to be so wrong regarding a prediction ... and will gladly munch down my portion of crow. To Rob (Largent80) and others who kept the faith, I raise my glass and offer a toast to ya!!
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:30 pm
  • Pass some of that crow over this way. I will eat it up gladly.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:31 pm
  • I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

So apparently we have to be all rainbows and lollipops in order to be a true fan, right? After all, a real fan would never predict a loss when there are countless reasons to believe so.

Get over yourself. This is a fan forum to voice your opinion, however that may be. So what if fans predicted a loss? Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who didn't. And it's asinine that I should have to even defend that paradigm.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:46 pm
  • Crow is so good when we are wrong and the Seahawks win.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:54 pm
  • I find your lack of faith...disturbing.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:56 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

So apparently we have to be all rainbows and lollipops in order to be a true fan, right? After all, a real fan would never predict a loss when there are countless reasons to believe so.

Get over yourself. This is a fan forum to voice your opinion, however that may be. So what if fans predicted a loss? Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who didn't. And it's asinine that I should have to even defend that paradigm.

Thank you Aros.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:57 pm
  • I liked the 2 pt attempt. Hindsight maybe kicking the extra point puts them up by 8 but in the end it is just a theoretical debate. I like the thought of going for a 9 pt lead vs 8. And L80 gets to rub our mugs in it. Glad I was wrong.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:02 pm
  • I think aholes wanting a pound of flesh only makes us become more unable to know how anyone truly feels. Either you want to have fans feel able to register their doubts or we can goosestep to the collective thought that doesn't allow debate. My vote, let people be able to vent and voice their true belief. This "I cannot believe you guys ...". To me folks are always looking to avenge some vendetta, imagined or real.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:02 pm
  • Boy I'm happy to be wrong, but not really seeing how I need to "eat Crow" cuz I picked wrong.

I liked the individual match ups, but didn't like how the Hawks were playing, plus they came off of a short week, Pats came off of a bye, and it's a very tough place to play.

Our defense still isn't right, but they were good enough to get the win. I like how we created turnovers, but hated how we gave up two ridiculously long 3rd downs.

Loving how the offense seemlngly turned it around in a week. I hope we can keep running the ball. With our passing game, it's going to be tough to stop us going forward.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:04 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

You are taking it to the way other extreme side and don't put words in my mouth (true fan). It was an absolute that Seattle was going lose for many of you,,, a lot, it was disappointing, that is my opinion. I also didn't have rainbows, lollipops or dreams of unicorns but to go on a absolute belief there was no chance, yeah sorry no.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:05 pm
  • drdiags wrote:I think aholes wanting a pound of flesh only makes us become more unable to know how anyone truly feels. Either you want to have fans feel able to register their doubts or we can goosestep to the collective thought that doesn't allow debate. My vote, let people be able to vent and voice their true belief. This "I cannot believe you guys ...". To me folks are always looking to avenge some vendetta, imagined or real.

It was more than doubt and there was no debate either.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:07 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Overall, good job by the refs :D

Refs always make bad calls I dont feel they altered the game. They called a phantom hold for us on Frank Clark that setup the 3rd and 25 and they converted anyways.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:11 pm
  • Aros wrote:

No tartar sauce!

So, we can't take our homer glasses off for a second and make reasonable predictions based upon actual observed evidence? I'm extremely glad that my logic and reason turned out to be flawed in this instance, but good grief man. Anyone who's ever met me in real life will tell you that I'm one of the biggest Seahawks fans around -- period. Any one of my friends, acquaintances, or colleagues will tell you that. In general, I put far more stock in those who try to be objective ... than in those who always see things through rose colored glasses. I'm very, very happy to have been wrong ... and have absolutely ZERO problems admitting that. I'm not Fonzie whatsoever.
    Last edited by Hawkscanner on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:12 pm
  • I expected a loss.

I'm happy to be wrong.

I did however, say that we would need to win the turnover battle, and even out the TOP in order to have a chance.

I won't eat a whole crow but I'll take one of the smaller black birds.

I got it a little bit right :{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:It was more than doubt and there was no debate either.

Look dude, this is a night for all Seahawks fans to feel good about, regardless of predictions. Who freakin' cares? We ALL agree that it's awesome they won. No need to taunt those who thought they would lose.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:28 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:It was more than doubt and there was no debate either.

Look dude, this is a night for all Seahawks fans to feel good about, regardless of predictions. Who freakin' cares? We ALL agree that it's awesome they won. No need to taunt those who thought they would lose.

Nice, I see what you did there. I digress and agree only thing that matters in the end is we won.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:54 pm
  • No crow here either way, thought it would be a tough game to pull out, and glad they could, However a great friend of mine had a heart attack in the final minute of the game, in front of his family and many friends. Very scary, and kind of put the game in perspective for me. Guys if you feel strange, or your arm is numb, don't be a "tough" guy, admit it and get help. He apparently had been having symptoms all day. Sorry to bring a little reality to great thread, but if you have the time, please pass some good thoughts on to Brad, a great Seahawks fan, who is fighting.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:32 pm
  • tacomahawk wrote:No crow here either way, thought it would be a tough game to pull out, and glad they could, However a great friend of mine had a heart attack in the final minute of the game, in front of his family and many friends. Very scary, and kind of put the game in perspective for me. Guys if you feel strange, or your arm is numb, don't be a "tough" guy, admit it and get help. He apparently had been having symptoms all day. Sorry to bring a little reality to great thread, but if you have the time, please pass some good thoughts on to Brad, a great Seahawks fan, who is fighting.

I am so sorry to hear about this! Please pass on our thoughts to our fellow 12 brother Brad! I pray he recovers fully.

I am a hypochondriac by nature which is both a blessing and a curse. It's a curse because I am constantly worried about diseases and any sudden health crisis that could occur at any second of the day. It's a blessing because I am so tuned in to anything wrong or weird or anything I feel is not right, I feel I would have a fighting chance if I am ever in that situation where I know something is wrong.

This is a great message you have given us all in your reminder that if you are not feeling right, especially signs like left arm weakness/numbness, or jaw pain and certainly chest pain...CALL 911. It could save your life.

Prayers for Brad and his family!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:44 am
  • Here's the way I saw it. The defense has been battling their asses off. They played very hard 3 games in a row and I know that repetition makes one better. In a team sport, the team will get better.

Kam is a key player for the Hawks and that was the other factor I included in my win prediction. I wasn't the only person predicting a win by the way.

It was simply handicapping and gut feeling for me going into this game.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:56 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

You could simply not log on if it bothers you so much.

And pass some of that crow over this way, I want some. And I brought my own special Louisiana brand hot sauce blend.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:25 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Here's the way I saw it. The defense has been battling their asses off. They played very hard 3 games in a row and I know that repetition makes one better. In a team sport, the team will get better.

Kam is a key player for the Hawks and that was the other factor I included in my win prediction. I wasn't the only person predicting a win by the way.

It was simply handicapping and gut feeling for me going into this game.

Yay we both chastised everyone for not having faith! On a serious note even though I was surprised at so many people predicting a blowout since we have never been blown out in the Wilson era I would never think less of anyone for predicting a loss especially in a game like that. Just means you're objective and I'm a huge homer. What a fantastic game and one best I've watched in a while. Offense was starting to roll which is another prediction of mine. :twisted:
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:31 am

No tartar sauce!

Guess that makes you the best fan of all. The rest of us are only OK fans. You win the prize and are Fan Of The Year. You are the greatest fan to ever live. You rule. Happy now?
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:11 am
  • Not a fan of calling skeptical fans bad fans for sure. I'm still the better fan for not picking a loss though I think we can all agree on that. :sarcasm_on:
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:30 am
  • drdiags wrote:I think aholes wanting a pound of flesh only makes us become more unable to know how anyone truly feels. Either you want to have fans feel able to register their doubts or we can goosestep to the collective thought that doesn't allow debate. My vote, let people be able to vent and voice their true belief. This "I cannot believe you guys ...". To me folks are always looking to avenge some vendetta, imagined or real.

It's the way that people go about it. The ones who talk so much Ish about our guys.

Our guys that brought us a championship, that have proven year after year that they can and will get it done. That have proven that its not how you start its how you finish. It's the people who take everything for granted. That don't realize the NFL is really hard to win in and the hawks have a target on our backs every week.

It's THOSE people who I love coming to this board after they were negative nellies all week prior to sop up their crow eating with a biscuit.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information