So How did Fant do?

oasis

Reaction score
How did Fant do? My non-professional eye is not too reliable here.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I saw some good blocks from him tonight. I wasn't watching him specifically, though, so maybe someone else can enlighten us. But when I did watch him, I saw some good things.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When you don't notice an OL in game it means he did his job

RussB

Reaction score
Didnt watch him much but didnt see any sacks given up or any penalties so thats a good thing. Also saw him block sheard nice on one play so i think he did pretty well. They need to stick with him sowell is the back up now as far as im concerned.

bighawk

Reaction score
He played outstanding I am so impressed with him the only thing I can say is that he needs to anchor better against the bull rush and that is being nitpicking. Great game young fella.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Played well against subpar competition. He's progressing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
We could nit pcik a lot, but let's face it.

Do you notice getting worked like Sowell did? I sure don't.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Smellyman":11x0q7pq said:
We could nit pcik a lot, but let's face it.

Do you notice getting worked like Sowell did? I sure don't.

Sowell finds himself with his butt glued to the bench for the rest of the year, I hope.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ddzz33xw said:
He did well. The entire offensive line did much better in this game. Maybe... maybe they're starting to turn the corner?

Not willing to say that they have turned the corner, but it was nice to see them play better. The Eagles have a terrific d-line and will be a HUGE challenge for the oline.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2mw21839 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2mw21839 said:
He did well. The entire offensive line did much better in this game. Maybe... maybe they're starting to turn the corner?

Not willing to say that they have turned the corner, but it was nice to see them play better. The Eagles have a terrific d-line and will be a HUGE challenge for the oline.

Philly becomes a huge game for just that reason. Russell is healthier and on point, Prosise is emerging, the defense got a shot in the arm with Kam and Bennett will be back fresh soon. Philly will be a big test for the OLine. Can't frickin' wait.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3t2b8sia said:

Seems like Cable has been changing it up a lot. In the last couple weeks, there were several instances where we ran man/power schemes.

This week I saw two old school Redskins Hogs style counter treys. But also seeing a lot more pulling of guards as well. I don't recall us running much in the way of stretch zone runs which have been our bread and butter run play.

I can't be certain, but it does look like Cable is more than toying with non ZBS staples now. Cable mentioned it recently how we're misfiring on correct reads both with the OL and the RB. Seems like we're switching it up to reduce the learning curve gap vis a vis the zone blocking scheme. With as green as our guys are at LT/LG and RG -- reducing the complexity seems a good move.

hawker84

Reaction score
We've already played the best D lines we're going to face, other than Rams, and Cards again, maybe Carolina. Not that concerned with Eagles D line with a much healthier RW who now has some illusiveness back, O line is either going to show or not. I thought Bevell did a good job last night countering the blitz with the screens to Graham and Procise. That'll make the Eagles D line have to play a little more honest I think.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It wasn't much of a test. New England's defensive line is probably the worst we've played since San Francisco, so naturally everyone looked better, and Belichick wasn't too eager with his blitzing either. Fant looked good with what he had to face. Philly will be a better test.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Both Fant and Ifedi had their best games of their short careers last night.

IMO the biggest factor was the playcalling, Pete and Bevell went full on attack mode, which allowed both these players to not have to overthink everything and just go maul people. They were both blowing the Pat's lineman 2-3 yards off the line before Prosise even got to the hole.