How about Damontre Moore?

sdog1981

Reaction score
The guy was killing it that night. That is why I think the team has a much better chance at winning in New England. The pass rush they had on Monday night would bury Tom Brady.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
That was my thinking. He is a slug in the pocket, resembles NOTHING like the slippery... mobile Taylor.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Brady won't escape the pocket, but the ball will. He's got a fast release and the most efficient short passing game in the NFL.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mojambo":2l884qw2 said:
Brady won't escape the pocket, but the ball will. He's got a fast release and the most efficient short passing game in the NFL.

And the patience to make it work all game long.

And in response, most defenses react by never blitzing. Seattle is already trying to generate pressure with the front four, but without Bennett, it's tough.

However, Kris Richard is pretty good at timing his blitzes for when the QB is taking a shot downfield.

Fade

Reaction score
He at one point in his college career was a top 10 prospect. Then he had a bad combine, and fell off the map. There might have been an injury in there somewhere as well.

The point I'm trying to make is. He has a chance to be an elite player if he can put it together.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fade":2ouzpzy4 said:
He at one point in his college career was a top 10 prospect. Then he had a bad combine, and fell off the map. There might have been an injury in there somewhere as well.

The point I'm trying to make is. He has a chance to be an elite player if he can put it together.

Thanks for that. I was trying to remember what it was that caused him to fall off his lofty Pre Draft status.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, he's with us now so let's hope for him to reach his potential, we really need all the help we can get.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

One one hand, the Bills' OL is better than the Patriots. On the other, both his plays were against a backup Center.

I'm not optimistic about our pass rush in NE. Unless Jeremy Lane channels his inner self from our SB (without the injury !), Edelmen is going to tear him apart quickly. Brady has no problem finding the weak link and just going there over and over. He'll throw to Edelman 11 times in a row, he don't give a crap.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks46":xuc97wh2 said:
Unless Jeremy Lane channels his inner self

He already seems to have his head up his A$$, so...if he pulls it out, we may have a chance.

ivotuk

Reaction score
35.5" Vertical

122" Broad

34.4" Arms

10.25" Hands

Moore's career got off to a fast start at Texas A&M, where he recorded 6.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks as a reserve pass-rushing outside linebacker. He stepped into the starting role his sophomore season, finishing with 72 tackles, 17.5 for loss, and 8.5 sacks.

So he might be best utilized coming off the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dam ... id=2540138

sdog1981

Reaction score
ivotuk":10gwyn61 said:
35.5" Vertical

122" Broad

34.4" Arms

10.25" Hands

Moore's career got off to a fast start at Texas A&M, where he recorded 6.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks as a reserve pass-rushing outside linebacker. He stepped into the starting role his sophomore season, finishing with 72 tackles, 17.5 for loss, and 8.5 sacks.

So he might be best utilized coming off the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dam ... id=2540138

Any team that can have a 3 or more effective pass rush rotation can really smother a pass first offense.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm excited about his potential too. Hoping he can contribute while Bennett is out.

Polk738

Reaction score
That TFL he had towards the end of the game was just a thing of pure beauty, he tossed the Bills center aside like a rag doll and had McCoy eating turf before he even knew what happened-Yeah I know it was the backup center but to still make a play like that after just getting signed is pretty good for any team

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Coming out of college, I thought of Moore as a guy that could fit a Clemons/Leo role in this defense but he was selected too high for a team that tried to play him as a standard 4-3 end. He could be a good buy low fit in our rotation, esp as a stand-up, off the ball OLB/DE hybrid.