This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New England Patriots

253hawk

Reaction score
Patriots-Cheating-Scandal-NFL-Investigating-Claim-Colts-Fans-Demand-Super-Bowl-2015-Forfeit.jpg

Should probably have a snowblower in there somewhere, too...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is officially the least healthy thread this board has ever seen.

RussB

Reaction score
I know it doesnt mean anything now. But i want the seahawks to just blow out the pats and shut them out. And brady to get sacked atleast 5 times.

bobdigital

Reaction score
Hey. Pats fans reporting in.

First check a thread I made here.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pat ... s.1135039/

So this should be a good one. I see you are getting healthier by the day which is good. No Bennett is disappointing but that is how it goes sometimes.

The last 2 times the Pats and Seahawks played were close games 24-23 (Seahawks win) and 24-28 (Patriots win) and both were nail biters to the end.

I think we will see a game like this again. A poster on my forum made an interesting point that your team has not been beaten by more than 10 points since 2013. I expect your team to continue that trend and make this a close one too.

HawkCop

Reaction score
bobdigital":2i1qta9t said:

So this should be a good one. I see you are getting healthier by the day which is good. No Bennett is disappointing but that is how it goes sometimes.

The last 2 times the Pats and Seahawks played were close games 24-23 (Seahawks win) and 24-28 (Patriots win) and both were nail biters to the end.

I think we will see a game like this again. A poster on my forum made an interesting point that your team has not been beaten by more than 10 points since 2013. I expect your team to continue that trend and make this a close one too.

I think it goes back to 2011 actually. Russell Wilson as never lost by more than 10 pts.

byau

Reaction score
bobdigital":4je7luw0 said:

A poster on my forum made an interesting point that your team has not been beaten by more than 10 points since 2013. I expect your team to continue that trend and make this a close one too.

Welcome!

While it's true we've not lost game by more than 10 points since 2012 I believe (maybe even further back), AND I think it's only been two 10 points games in that time span, I believe Sundays' game we will lose by 13 or 14, maybe more

Just superficially following the Patriots, looks like Brady is having one of his best years, and this is the best quarterback in NFL history we're talking about. The defense looks like it can hold its own well enough.

Compared to the Seahawks D which is great, but they have also had three weeks of exhausting games, the time of possession i'm pretty sure has been 2:1 for all three weeks. We are also coming off a short week. While it's nice to get Kam back, he was pretty useless against Gronk (aren't most?). I think KJ Wright also had time on Gronk, still nothing . Jeremy Lane was really good in XLIX and has been good but the last few weeks he has seriously degraded. He is a liability now. So the D is definitely not in good shape. A few weeks ago we were salivating over Sherm, Shead, Lane, Earl, Kam, an McCrae - with a lot of that emphasis on how effective Shead and Lane have been. Shead has had a very small fall of, not much. Lane for sure. I'm sure this is also attributable to the last three weeks of exhausting games .

For the offense: they did great in the passing game, but still didn't sustain long drives with them. They need a running game of some sort to pound the ball, take up clock, wear down the D. That isn't happening until Rawls gets back (we hope!!) and Russell also gets healthier.

Until the Seahawks O can sustain some longer drives, and the defense stops having these 2:1 time on field ratios, the Seahawks are great and I think will win close games against the great times and if they lose to those great teams it will stay to the 3 to 6 point margins, I don't see them beating any of the two to three elite teams and that includes the Patriots. And so I am pretty sure it will be a 13+ victory for the Pats

Welcome again. Good post

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HawkCop":11iqzanx said:
bobdigital":11iqzanx said:

I think it goes back to 2011 actually. Russell Wilson as never lost by more than 10 pts.

Record for longest streak of that type I believe. The link below stops at 2015, but it continues into this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... =gt&c4val=

I'm just bothered by the short week, then trip across the country, to play a home team with 2 weeks rest. Really NFL? LOL C'mon man. :34853_doh: