Baldwin: Offense Better Off Than 2015

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
“Every year we go through these injuries, everybody’s banged up,” Baldwin said. “From Day 1 of camp, nobody’s 100 percent. If you’re hurt, you’re hurt. If you’re injured, you’re injured. There’s a difference for us. If you’re hurt, get your butt out there, no complaining, I don’t want to hear about … what’s hurt. Go out there and play. If you’re injured then yeah, get in the training room, do what you need to do. There’s a different mentality to it so we don’t really concern ourselves with who’s hurt, who’s injured because that’s not something we can control.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/209548/do ... n-in-2015/

RCATES

Reaction score
To Baldwin: Unless you're a disgruntled SS then you can sit out 4 games milking a groin injury.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
RCATES":ncdv8qoe said:
To Baldwin: Unless you're a disgruntled SS then you can sit out 4 games milking a groin injury.

What is this assessment based on? I'm genuinely curious because you keep bringing it up.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Do you really think Kam is milking it. Almost smells like a troll to me. I cant believe anyone would think he would milk his injury. Does anyone think he would retain the respect of his teammates if he did? Absurd.

Back to original post. I think this is probably a mentality league wide. Not every player will agree on the difference between the two. Only the hurt/injured player can know for sure.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Year of The Hawk":8m3h0c21 said:
Do you really think Kam is milking it. Almost smells like a troll to me. I cant believe anyone would think he would milk his injury. Does anyone think he would retain the respect of his teammates if he did? Absurd.

Back to original post. I think this is probably a mentality league wide. Not every player will agree on the difference between the two. Only the hurt/injured player can know for sure.

I don't think he's milking it but I'm starting to think he may end up playing out his contract with us and going elsewhere bc he can't stay healthy. Last 3 years he's missed 2, 3, and 4 (and counting) games to injury (not including the hold out). Might be time to start thinking about life after Kam (after 2017).

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
jdemps":3vn6r2cg said:
Year of The Hawk":3vn6r2cg said:

I don't think he's milking it but I'm starting to think he may end up playing out his contract with us and going elsewhere bc he can't stay healthy. Last 3 years he's missed 2, 3, and 4 (and counting) games to injury (not including the hold out). Might be time to start thinking about life after Kam (after 2017).

I don't totally disagree with not paying him a big next contract. But it is not for lack of effort. We have a very serviceable replacement behind him. Things will get rough around here and in the locker room when we have to let a CORE player go.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RCATES":2dk1axdv said:
:laugh:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I love Doug... but come on.

Let's try this: PROVE IT. Tired of this offensive sleep walk.

Talk is talk. This much talent should be able to put up 20+ a game without breaking a sweat.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Off topic, Kam is CRITICAL to a championship for this organization. So we need to stop with the conspiracy theories about milking it, or that he doesn't care, or is washed up, etc. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the best safeties in the game. Period. And WHEN he comes back, we'll be whole and ready to finish 2016.

hawk45

Reaction score
I've become completely numb to happy talk about the offense, the OL in particular. I'm more apt to believe the complete opposite of whatever comes out of Pete or Cable's mouth, the BS meter is pegged deep in the red zone.

Baldwin is engaging in a little happy talk here as well, but he'll tell the truth every now and then so I can take it from him.

drdiags

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":4mf3muio said:
Off topic, Kam is CRITICAL to a championship for this organization. So we need to stop with the conspiracy theories about milking it, or that he doesn't care, or is washed up, etc. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the best safeties in the game. Period. And WHEN he comes back, we'll be whole and ready to finish 2016.

The guy promoting it in this thread is a 49ers fan so take it with a grain of salt.

seabowl

Reaction score
Yeah and Tharold Simon is better then Richard Sherman.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good find Aros.

We're all influenced by what we've seen the most recently.

In looking at this my assumption would've been:

At this point compared to last year:

Our run game was better than this year, our pass game is better than last year, and we've scored a lot less points than last year.

The good news is our defense is much better. And we've scored literally the same amount of points. That's actually decently good news. I honeslty think we have more talent on the OL than last year, and that they will improve.