The 9-7 2001 Buccaneers. And the Seahawks.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Before they won a Super Bowl the Bucs had one of the NFL's best defensive units and one of the worst offensive units. Tony Dungy was a defensive mastermind, yet he was fired because he could not get the offensive coaching staff under control.

Here is the team's story. Just play it from the 6:20 second mark to watch Warren Sapp talk about how Dungy did not hold the offense to the same standard that he held the defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ZWnr9Orc0

This is happening right now with this Seahawks team. Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell are a one-two punch of offensive ineptitude. Cable has wasted 13 draft picks and 3 out of his 5 years with the team he has had the teams first overall pick. He has not adjusted to the new CBA that limits contact during OTAs. With these elements, he has laid a shitty foundation for the offense to be built on.

Bevell has never been a part of a unique or innovative offense. He was a QB with a three yards and a could of dust Wisconsin team of the early 90's. He was then one of Brett Farve's ball boys or "QB Coach" in Green Bay. After that, he was then the OC for the Vikings, where his teams were always towards the bottom of the league in 3rd down and red zone efficiency. He is now coaching with more tools than he has ever had and he can't come up with a unique or innovative game plan or play design.

The offensive house needs to be called to order. If Pete will not fix it this window will close and he will be fired around 2018.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":12vcixrb said:
And so it begins.

That is a 2 years from now fire Pete post. Not a fire Pete right now post.

quadsas

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ol3xt21 said:
And so it begins.

At this point I'd be willing to have no Pete and no Bevell rather than Pete with Bevell. We aren't going to win with Bevell anymore

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
quadsas":1rlhz0jb said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1rlhz0jb said:
And so it begins.

At this point I'd be willing to have no Pete and no Bevell rather than Pete with Bevell. We aren't going to win with Bevell anymore

Exactly when was the last time the team scored points in the first quarter on the first drive? Just look at the local NCAA football team. They execute with precision and score so many points in the first half that teams will quit. Just think of what this D could if the offense scored TD's instead of FG in the first half.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":225hzuvz said:
I hate this place after a loss.

There is no way you can objectively look at this team and think the offensive coaching staff is without any blame.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2z7oj1nf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2z7oj1nf said:

There is no way you can objectively look at this team and think the offensive coaching staff is without any blame.

I don't believe I ever made that point.

As soon as I start reading stuff about removing Pete Carroll I switch off. Or log off, as I'm about to do now.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":36k2tw8j said:
sdog1981":36k2tw8j said:
theENGLISHseahawk":36k2tw8j said:

I don't believe I ever made that point.

As soon as I start reading stuff about removing Pete Carroll I switch off. Or log off, as I'm about to do now.

2 years from now.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
A better comparison is the 2012 Ravens. Fired Cam Cameron their OC mid season and went on to beating SF in the SB. Paul Allen needs to step in because Pete won't make the call.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
There is ZERO chance Pete gets fired as the seahawks head coach period. He will retire here. I do see Bevell as inept like most of you, but I think Pete, cable and bevell develop the offensive strategy and mindset together. I think Bevell does, for the most part, what Pete and cable want him to do. The consistent lack of scoring points in the first quarter is proof positive of a poor game plan. If it happened here or there, that could be chalked up to execution. But because it has been so consistently bad in the first quarter if definitely shows a mins under standing of what needs to happen to put points on the board.

This is what we got, for better or worse.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1stu7kcz said:
A better comparison is the 2012 Ravens. Fired Cam Cameron their OC mid season and went on to beating SF in the SB. Paul Allen needs to step in because Pete won't make the call.

One of Pete's strength is a weakness. Loyal to a fault.

At USC he had an offensive dream team on his coaching staff. Norm Chow, Lane Kiffien, and Steve Sarkisian he never had to worry about what the offence was going to do or if they would score enough points.

Now he needs to step in and shore up the weak links on the staff.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2jut0ahq said:
There is ZERO chance Pete gets fired as the seahawks head coach period. He will retire here. I do see Bevell as inept like most of you, but I think Pete, cable and bevell develop the offensive strategy and mindset together. I think Bevell does, for the most part, what Pete and cable want him to do. The consistent lack of scoring points in the first quarter is proof positive of a poor game plan. If it happened here or there, that could be chalked up to execution. But because it has been so consistently bad in the first quarter if definitely shows a mins under standing of what needs to happen to put points on the board.

This is what we got, for better or worse.

You just look at the game plan and adjustments the Saints made. They carved up a defence and attacked its weakness.

knownone

Reaction score
Well, I've never seen a "Fire X coach in 2 years" post so props for that!

The problem is, we've heard this before in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, there always seems to be a point in the season where people get all doom and gloom "the window is closed" "the offense sucks" "This team won't win with Bevell as OC" and quite frankly, Seattle has yet to actually fulfill any of those prophecies... Seriously, read some of the posts from week 8 last year, they sound just like yours... and Seattle finished the season as arguably the hottest offense in the NFL going into the playoffs.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
knownone":3azhryiu said:
Well, I've never seen a "Fire X coach in 2 years" post so props for that!

The problem is, we've heard this before in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, there always seems to be a point in the season where people get all doom and gloom "the window is closed" "the offense sucks" "This team won't win with Bevell as OC" and quite frankly, Seattle has yet to actually fulfill any of those prophecies... Seriously, read some of the posts from week 8 last year, they sound just like yours... and Seattle finished the season as arguably the hottest offense in the NFL going into the playoffs.

Thats what kind of sucks about Bevell. They were super hot then come playoff time the offense disappeared until the second half of the Panthers game.