Schefter: M.Bennett having surgery, will be out 2-3 weeks

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah when I heard cartilage, arthoscopic surgery came to mind. Fortunately it heals fast (faster in a younger guy like Willson).

uncle fester

Reaction score
Anyone else find it amazing that you can have knee surgery, then be back playing on a field in 2-3 weeks?

ARhawk

Reaction score
Sucks he probably wont play in the patriots game. But considering we are going to New England on shortish week (we play Monday the week before) after playing a tough Bills team and after NE has their bye, I wasnt expecting a win anyway. The only way the situation could be worse for us is if our Monday game was on the road. Its BS to make a team go on the road against a team fresh off a bye on a short week if you ask me, but I dont make the rules.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sucks he is injured but I'm excited for Clark to get more playing time. Don't think we should pay Bennett what he wants.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ARhawk":32zbpyb4 said:
Sucks he probably wont play in the patriots game. But considering we are going to New England on shortish week (we play Monday the week before) after playing a tough Bills team and after NE has their bye, I wasnt expecting a win anyway. The only way the situation could be worse for us is if our Monday game was on the road. Its BS to make a team go on the road against a team fresh off a bye on a short week if you ask me, but I dont make the rules.

Schedule makers always seem to find a way to screw us...

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Not the news I wanted to see waking up today, but agreed at least it's just a few weeks and he'll be back for the stretch drive

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":jbasjo03 said:
Anyone else find it amazing that you can have knee surgery, then be back playing on a field in 2-3 weeks?

I do. I have had 4 knee surgeries and even for a scope it is at least a week or two of light use. To be back at playing strength in 2-3 is crazy. I will admit I was not in even 1/10 of the shape of these guys which will aid greatly in the recovery. Plus we should not put to much into projections. We all thought Kam would only be a week maybe two. MB might stretch longer. We wiill see.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":28t2uv43 said:
uncle fester":28t2uv43 said:

I do. I have had 4 knee surgeries and even for a scope it is at least a week or two of light use. To be back at playing strength in 2-3 is crazy. I will admit I was not in even 1/10 of the shape of these guys which will aid greatly in the recovery. Plus we should not put to much into projections. We all thought Kam would only be a week maybe two. MB might stretch longer. We wiill see.

I agree that it will be more like 3-4 weeks in a best case scenario. A "wounded" player seldom gets his asking price.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
2-3 usually means 4-6. I have already given up on making the play offs. It is what it is.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3e0v2ihb said:
2-3 usually means 4-6. I have already given up on making the play offs. It is what it is.

Terrible attitude but I'm curious, who from the NFCW is going to make it?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is a good time for the surgery. With or without him, I think we go 2-1 over the next three weeks.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2zrogo5j said:
This is a good time for the surgery. With or without him, I think we go 2-1 over the next three weeks.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. 2-1 against Buffalo, NE and Philadelphia. WOW, just WOW.
:laugh:

pcbball12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1pu9lf8d said:
Huh? We have a 2 game lead in the division even with a hobbled Russell Wilson who is getting healthier every week. You think the Rams or Cards finish ahead of us?

pcbball12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1d066xuf said:
Hawk-Lock":1d066xuf said:
I wish I could be as optimistic as you. 2-1 against Buffalo, NE and Philadelphia. WOW, just WOW.
:laugh:
Buffalo and Philly at home. Pretty easy case to be made that we should go 2-1 in those 3 games.