Sherm's Response to Bruce Arians...

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Gotta love Sherm! I can't stand Arians!

Per Sheil Kapadia (ESPN):

"Told Bruce Arians said leaping over the line to block FGs is bad for football, Richard Sherman said, "It's bad for his team." Said the Cardinals' cadence was predictable."

...lol

253hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/791370143465037824[/tweet]

I'd bet anything that Arians wouldn't have pretended to care about the safety of line-jumping if Cat had made those kicks and they'd won the game. What a fat old whiner. He makes Harbuagh palatable.

Jville

Reaction score
His responses are a must listen >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/10/26/richard-sherman-week-8-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
LegendKiller":3800ond3 said:

"Told Bruce Arians said leaping over the line to block FGs is bad for football, Richard Sherman said, "It's bad for his team." Said the Cardinals' cadence was predictable."

...lol

Bad for Football?

Literally the most exciting play all game, an amazing display of athleticism, and that is BAD for the game?

He may have well have just shouted GET OFF MY LAWN.

Douche. Bag.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I absolutely loved it when he launched himself up in the air, came down and smacked that ball out of play. I think it was Kam that pulled that off a year or two ago. If the NFL allows it then play it, whenever and wherever it might get us a turnover or stop the other team from scoring.

The one thing I do worry about is that if you start doing that too often, sooner or later one of the offensive linemen is going to reach up and grab a foot or ankle out from under the jumper and it could end up injuring him, your kind of venerable when you are up there in flight.

I have always wondered if a player, who were athletic enough could jump the line, catch the ball as it's rising up off the ground, and then run it all they down for a touchdown. I mean that is a perfectly legal play as far as my limited knowledge of the game goes.

As for Arian's comments, what difference does it make what he thinks. If the truth be told, he just wishes he had a player who was athletic enough to do the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already started one of his players working on it for Cardinals later this year. He hates any play that makes his team look silly, which accounts for just about every play in the book LMAO.

I was educating my 7 year old granddaughter on the fine points of football during the game, and she asked if all the coaches cried to the refs for the entire game like Arian does, and I told her, no, but he should give classes on his techniques, I think sometimes the refs throw flag just to shut him up for a minute.

hawker84

Reaction score
He might get kicked in the face? Pretty sure that's what facemasks are for, and just an incredibly pu**ified statement. If you're out there and you happen to get kicked in the face, that's part of the game. didn't Antonio Brown judo kick someone in the face on a return a few years back? Part of the game Bruce. Really starting to dislike this tool....

Ruminator

Reaction score
Just a matter of time 'til some team out there pulls off the same stunt against us. I'll probably laugh when it happens, too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1dda451w said:
Bruce couldn't leap over a Big Mac.

He would not have to, probably ate the middle half of it on the way thru it. :stirthepot:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
LegendKiller":3ayzukwb said:

...lol

Sherman also said setting pick plays and passing when lineman are 10 yards down field are bad for football.

I didn't notice the lineman downfield because I wasn't watching for it but I did notice a couple pick plays. One was so obvious and out in the open the officials had to have just swallowed thier whistles. It was also so blatant it couldn't be masked as incidental contact. The receiver litterally went out of his way to set the pick, crouched and set his arms in a blocking formation.

With a good defense being allowed to do that type of disruption while our O-lineman were being forced to keep thier hands behind thier backs, it's no real surprise we couldn't get anything going on offense and also very likely contributed to Wilson's new injury. Maybe Sowell's too.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Gotta love Sherm!

That said, I don't see any difference between hurdling an offensive lineman and a RB or WR hurdling a defender or going over the stack to the end zone. If you want to play the safety card, freaking play it but don't whine when you have consequences that neuter the game in other ways. Man, I hate Arians.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2az4jjbg said:
Tical21":2az4jjbg said:
Bruce isn't wrong

That it's bad for football for a Defense to make a smart, athletic play?

I think it's fun to watch because it makes FG's more interesting, however the potential for injury is a lot higher. We would probably feel very differently if the center stood up, and Bobby flipped over him and got a concussion. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I don't know if I'd call it smart. It can be situationally smart (because of the potential penalty from contacting a lineman). It's certainly a risk.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksfan515":36f8lph6 said:
HawkFan72":36f8lph6 said:
Tical21":36f8lph6 said:
Bruce isn't wrong

That it's bad for football for a Defense to make a smart, athletic play?

I think it's fun to watch because it makes FG's more interesting, however the potential for injury is a lot higher. We would probably feel very differently if the center stood up, and Bobby flipped over him and got a concussion. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I don't know if I'd call it smart. It can be situationally smart (because of the potential penalty from contacting a lineman). It's certainly a risk.

As pointed out above. It's no different that a RB or receiver jumping over players to reach the goal line and in this case were it likely prevented a game winning field goal, I would say it is even a better play for football.

canfan

Reaction score
Palumalu

No doubt Arians felt this play by Palumalu that saved his ass when he was the OC for Pittsburg was "bad for football" also

xgeoff

Reaction score
Arians is such a hypocrite, that's what really bothers me. He dismisses medical evidence that football is bad for the brain, then comes up with some absurd scenario where someone gets kicked in the face (which, to my knowledge, has never happened) all because he is butt hurt that they didn't win.

This guy is just an a-hole with a dopey hat. My respect for him as a coach diminishes daily.