No offensive adjustments until OT

mistaowen

Reaction score
Need to sleep but wanted to mention this. We didn't call a misdirection run against an over pursuing defense until OT. Jimmy should have shredded them in crossing routes and until OT I only remember one which he dropped.

Cards showed their hand in the first series and never had to change cause we didn't either. Passes like the one to Kearse needed to happen early on, at least to keep them honest. Russell was averaging 3.3 yards per attempt until right before OT, horizontal offenses don't work well against their speedy man press.

davidonmi

Reaction score
they did not have the time to go down the field until very late. hard to function with 3 offensive lineman and no OT's

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
mistaowen":29scvs26 said:
Need to sleep but wanted to mention this. We didn't call a misdirection run against an over pursuing defense until OT. Jimmy should have shredded them in crossing routes and until OT I only remember one which he dropped.

Cards showed their hand in the first series and never had to change cause we didn't either. Passes like the one to Kearse needed to happen early on, at least to keep them honest. Russell was averaging 3.3 yards per attempt until right before OT, horizontal offenses don't work well against their speedy man press.

The fade routes on 3rd and short were moronic, they are such low percentage plays and show exactly why Bevell isn't fit to hold the job he currently has with Seattle. Even when we complete them it pisses me off because there are so many other better play calls availablefor 3rd and short.

Middle crossing routes to Jimmy were working in OT then he calls a fade on another perfect opportunuity to throw a crossing route to Jimmy.

There is a reason this guy lost SB 49, hes not good.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I thought we should have gone into a fast paced offense at the start of the 2nd half... THough maybe the only result would have had the defense back on the field faster.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I noticed this too. Cmike should've been fed early and often with the quick passing game as the gameplan going in. Arizona's defensive front is too good to rely on this oline to pass protect adequately. Bevell needs to understand that there's nothing wrong with dinking and dunking to counter a mismatch.

mrt144

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3chkefim said:
I noticed this too. Cmike should've been fed early and often with the quick passing game as the gameplan going in. Arizona's defensive front is too good to rely on this oline to pass protect adequately. Bevell needs to understand that there's nothing wrong with dinking and dunking to counter a mismatch.

Part of the problem is the dink and dunks were getting 3 yards or less. Some of the runs were getting 3 yards or less.

Latest posts