The passing game has shifted...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Seems to be Graham or bust now. Jimmy was great again today, minus one drop.

Awfully quiet games from the WRs, again. Was Richardson even targeted? I know Lockett is not close to 100%.

It just feels like it is built around Jimmy now.

Thoughts? Has the offense shifted or are they just taking advantage of defenses not respecting Graham as much as they should?

Hawks46

Reaction score
The two things I've noticed are:

Graham is freaking wide open and very quickly. It's hard not to throw it to the guy when he's almost instantly wide open. That and he's really good at reading zone coverage and finding the holes. Russ has done a good job of looking for him as well.

Graham is open when he's covered. He's one of the best in the league at grabbing contested balls.

So you have a guy that gets open easily, and bails your QB out when he's covered anyways. I don't think it's necessarily a focus of the offense to get Graham the ball so much, it's just a lot easier this season.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawks46":2oiwmrwl said:
The two things I've noticed are:

Graham is freaking wide open and very quickly. It's hard not to throw it to the guy when he's almost instantly wide open. That and he's really good at reading zone coverage and finding the holes. Russ has done a good job of looking for him as well.

Graham is open when he's covered. He's one of the best in the league at grabbing contested balls.

So you have a guy that gets open easily, and bails your QB out when he's covered anyways. I don't think it's necessarily a focus of the offense to get Graham the ball so much, it's just a lot easier this season.

Good points.

Wilson is clearly very confident throwing to him.