Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Non-Call

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Non-Call
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:03 pm
  • I'm guessing since this is all over ESPN's blog that it will once again be a bit deal. Seems like whenever the Seahawks are aided by a "bad" call the sports world is on the brink of apocalypse. That said, this link should have video to the play.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400874732

Here are my thoughts. It was a Hail Mary type pass into double coverage. If the Falcons want to get that call, they best put a star on their helmets. Certainly that's not fair, but I think the refs only call that a penalty in very rare cases.

Also, watching in real time I can see why the refs didn't throw the flag. I actually thought if anybody interfered, it was Earl but he really wasn't important enough in the contact to warrant a flag. He was, however, blocking the line of site or the ref to see Sherman grab Julio's arm.

So, if it went against the Seahawks, would I be mad? Sure. Would I understand that the call probably wouldn't get made? I would like to think I would.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Re: The Non-Call
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:47 pm
  • I think It should have been a NO CALL! When the game is on the line.....let them play! They had four chances and failed on all four!
    ExBassGuide (ex-Silver Lake bass guide for 10 years) Washington State Cowlitz Co.
    Biggest fish
    Largemouth Bass 9lb 0oz Image

Smallmouth Bass 6lbs 4oz
    Rainbow Trout 8lbs 4oz
    White Crappie 2lbs 0oz
    ExBassGuide
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:51 pm
  • What usually pisses me off is that there were plenty of no calls that were obvious fouls that the refs missed vs. Atlanta. One cost us 3 points.

No one will mention that though. There was just as much contact on that last play as there was with Kearse in the end zone, yet nothing is mentioned of that. How is one DPI while the other one a good no call ? You can either touch the guy before the ball comes, or you can't.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:53 pm
  • I truly believe if it was 2nd and 10 it would have been called.
    Still wouldnt have guaranteed the Falcons the win though.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:57 pm
  • I thought Sherman hid it very well, plus it was into tight double coverage.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:57 pm
  • Just a veteran move by the league's best corner. Well played Richard.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

The Non-Call
Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm
  • To heck with that. No one shed a tear for us when we had plenty of bad calls go against us during the Rams game.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm
  • Hardly the fail mary. Only a big deal because it was the final play.

More focus should be placed on ATL's play calling on that final drive.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:What usually pisses me off is that there were plenty of no calls that were obvious fouls that the refs missed vs. Atlanta. One cost us 3 points.

No one will mention that though. There was just as much contact on that last play as there was with Kearse in the end zone, yet nothing is mentioned of that. How is one DPI while the other one a good no call ? You can either touch the guy before the ball comes, or you can't.

Hey, we're only supposed to be talking about the crappy non-calls that would go against the Seahawks, the Falcons deserve ALL benefit of doubt on every play that doesn't go their way.
    Dan Quinn was only throwing shit-fits when ALL the penalties weren't called against the Seahawks, but kept his composure when it was his guys getting away with some flagrant bullcrap....Hell, he even gave a 'Thumbs-Up' to his guy on the flagrant facemask of C-Mike.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:14 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:What usually pisses me off is that there were plenty of no calls that were obvious fouls that the refs missed vs. Atlanta. One cost us 3 points.

Hey, we're only supposed to be talking about the crappy non-calls that would go against the Seahawks, the Falcons deserve ALL benefit of doubt on every play that doesn't go their way.
    Dan Quinn was only throwing shit-fits when ALL the penalties weren't called against the Seahawks, but kept his composure when it was his guys getting away with some flagrant bullcrap....Hell, he even gave a 'Thumbs-Up' to his guy on the flagrant facemask of C-Mike.

He literally did that? If so, screw Quinn and his whiney arse.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:17 pm
  • Exactly i feel like all the haters and falcons fans are putting too much stock into it. They failed to get a first down 3 times before that. Not like they were doing anything, i just wish sherman played him cleaner so they could stfu already and stop making excuses.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:19 pm
  • So true.

"Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:33 pm
  • It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

There is no doubt that refs in any sports call games differently late in games. It happens all the time in basketball, refs swallow their whistle on crucial late game shots. If this play happened in the 3rd quarter, it probably would have been called.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:38 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

There is no doubt that refs in any sports call games differently late in games. It happens all the time in basketball, refs swallow their whistle on crucial late game shots. If this play happened in the 3rd quarter, it probably would have been called.

Are there many hawk fans saying otherwise?

Thats not the argument I see in this thread....
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:39 pm
  • Well, Quinn taught them how to get away with it. He has no one to blame but himself.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:40 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

And OPI was not called vs. Sherman the last game. You act like you feel the Hawks didn't earn this win. Take a vacation.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:41 pm
  • Just dropping this here in case the Hawks hook up with the dirty birds at home in the playoffs. Be careful, he's a self proclaimed bad ass and looking to take out his frustration on a Hawk fan.

theDIRTYcode
    Starting Lineup
    
    theDIRTYcode
    Pure Football
     1,128
    2,063 posts

Posted 2 hours ago

I will be there in January if we make the playoffs. I swear to God I'm fcking up the first person I see wearing a seahawks jersey. Ive never felt this robbed in my life. Fck them all.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:42 pm
  • We had a none call that cost us a likely TD and they had one that cost them a hail mary first down outside of FG range.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:45 pm
  • They were a plenty of non-calls this game. The Falcons #23 (Alford) can't cover anyone without holding.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm
  • I think that the no call was in line with how the refs had called this game. There were many cases that PI could've been called against both sides, but it was pretty clear from early on, the refs were going to let the boys play.

Lets take the W and move on to AZ.
    jdemps
    NET Veteran

Location: SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of Hawk homerism

Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm
  • irocdave wrote:Just dropping this here in case the Hawks hook up with the dirty birds at home in the playoffs. Be careful, he's a self proclaimed bad ass and looking to take out his frustration on a Hawk fan.

theDIRTYcode
    Starting Lineup
    
    theDIRTYcode
    Pure Football
     1,128
    2,063 posts

Posted 2 hours ago

I will be there in January if we make the playoffs. I swear to God I'm fcking up the first person I see wearing a seahawks jersey. Ive never felt this robbed in my life. Fck them all.

Someone needs a long walk on the beach.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:00 pm
  • CodeWarrior wrote:Just a veteran move by the league's best corner. Well played Richard.

Look at it again though and he didn't need it. There was time to make an adjustment and a play on the ball
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:06 pm
  • RussB wrote:Exactly i feel like all the haters and falcons fans are putting too much stock into it. They failed to get a first down 3 times before that. Not like they were doing anything, i just wish sherman played him cleaner so they could stfu already and stop making excuses.

I feel the same way. The call could have gone the other way to be fair.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:31 pm
  • So give them the damn PI call. How is that any guarantee they win the game? They still would've needed several more yards and missed FGs happen all the time as we saw today. But the media will never look at the entire picture-only an attention seeking narrative.

As others pointed out, there were questionable non-calls earlier and it was quite clear this particular crew was going to give the DBs on both sides a little more slack than other crews. It's like an umpire who consistently gives all pitchers an inch off the outside corner throughout the game. Both sides have to deal with it and honestly, 4th down plays late in the game are rarely going to be called for penalties.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm
  • Looks to me that on that play, JJ got away with an illegal hands to the face. If both were properly called, it would have been offsetting and repeat 4th down.

https://streamable.com/pyq8
    Last edited by anonFAFA on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    anonFAFA
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

And OPI was not called vs. Sherman the last game. You act like you feel the Hawks didn't earn this win. Take a vacation.

Where did I ever say the Hawks didn't deserve to win? All I said was that it was PI, which it was.I could care less though, we won the game. Refs make mistakes, it's part of the game. And yes, we did deserve that win.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:32 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Hardly the fail mary. Only a big deal because it was the final play.

More focus should be placed on ATL's play calling on that final drive.

Agreed.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information