Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Merril Hoge is a big Seahawks fan

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Merril Hoge is a big Seahawks fan
Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:55 am
  • Leading up to this weeks game against Atlanta, Hoge has picked against Seattle in every game but the opener.

So who did he pick on Sunday?

Atlanta of course. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Re: Merril Hoge is a big Seahawks fan
Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 pm
  • 2-2 on the year then.
    Last edited by gowazzu02 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 pm
  • Ah yes, another arrogant media blowhard I can't stomach to listen to for more than three seconds...

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:50 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Leading up to this weeks game against Atlanta, Hoge has picked against Seattle in every game but the opener.

He's an idiot ex-stealer, his opinion is worthless.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:03 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Leading up to this weeks game against Atlanta, Hoge has picked against Seattle in every game but the opener.

Who almost died from a concussion.

He harbors a grudge against the Seahawks because the referees had to cheat in order for Pittsburgh to win Superbowel Movement *XL.

The very first episode of an NFL show that Merrill was on the following fall, he put all of his Stealer paraphernalia up on the desk in front of him, he was so proud. During his moment of glory, someone said something about the Referees and he got mad and defended his Stealers.

Then Chris Berman was on and he said "This is for Seattle" and made his kind of high pitched "wwhoop!" noise and threw a flag at the camera.

IIRC, Hoge got all bent out of shape, and Berman got reprimanded. He (Berman) has been a personal hero of mine ever since.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 pm
  • there's always one. as looney as Falcons fans who think we should crown them already.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:04 pm
  • He's as bad as Prisco. He picks against the Seahawks in every game, vs. every opponent. Evidently "cuz it's Seahawks!"

At that point you just know there's no objectivity.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:20 pm
  • Hodge and that blowhard Sean Salisbury both come to mind when I have to be reminded why I rarely watch ESPN. Thankfully Salisbury got taken off ESPN. Hopefully Hodge is next.

"He's a factor back!" :pukeface:
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:49 pm
  • So he doesn't like our team, who cares. I don't get why people on here get so caught up with hating "this" and "that." It is sports, he can choose whoever he wants. That is the beauty of sports. For all I care, he can choose the Browns to win the SB.

I enjoy Merril Hoge for the most part.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:08 pm
  • he picked the cardinals, rams, saints, 49ers and broncos in consecutive weeks all in our super bowl run in 2013. Why? I have no idea.
    There are time when analysts objectively think a team will win in a given week.
    There's no way someone can objectively pick against us as much as he does, I'm not sure what his motive is, but there is one
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm
  • He is a blow hard and a hater, ignore him, that's like listening to Prisco talk like he knows football or Jerry Jones like he knows how to build a winner.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:30 am
  • I'm pretty sure Pricko picked the hawks this week, might need to change the narrative on
    him slightly.
    AVL
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:51 am
  • He picked the Niners in week three??!?!?

:irishdrinkers:
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:02 am
  • This is funny. Nine out of ten experts (including the pick'em algorithm) picked Seattle to win and we focus on the one dissenter. Hey, if you want to be a victim you can always find a pretext, I suppose!

A contributing factor could be that those 10 experts all compete against each other for best record come the end of the season, and Hoge is currently behind so he has to find some contrarian picks to make up ground, but what do I know... Not much!
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:27 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:This is funny. Nine out of ten experts (including the pick'em algorithm) picked Seattle to win and we focus on the one dissenter. Hey, if you want to be a victim you can always find a pretext, I suppose!

A contributing factor could be that those 10 experts all compete against each other for best record come the end of the season, and Hoge is currently behind so he has to find some contrarian picks to make up ground, but what do I know... Not much!

Amen.
    BadMoonRising
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:18 am
  • Largent80 wrote:What is a Merril Hoge?

And why do we care about what it is?

Obviously its a completely meaningless topic, but funny at the same time to see the obvious bias at hand.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:51 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:A contributing factor could be that those 10 experts all compete against each other for best record come the end of the season, and Hoge is currently behind so he has to find some contrarian picks to make up ground, but what do I know... Not much!

I looked at his picks and with several of them that actually looks like what he is doing.

But I will say he's been on our bandwagon, especially after beating Denver.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:14 am
  • ivotuk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Leading up to this weeks game against Atlanta, Hoge has picked against Seattle in every game but the opener.

Who almost died from a concussion.

He harbors a grudge against the Seahawks because the referees had to cheat in order for Pittsburgh to win Superbowel Movement *XL.

The very first episode of an NFL show that Merrill was on the following fall, he put all of his Stealer paraphernalia up on the desk in front of him, he was so proud. During his moment of glory, someone said something about the Referees and he got mad and defended his Stealers.

Then Chris Berman was on and he said "This is for Seattle" and made his kind of high pitched "wwhoop!" noise and threw a flag at the camera.

IIRC, Hoge got all bent out of shape, and Berman got reprimanded. He has been a personal hero of mine ever since.

I didn't know that so thanks for sharing, pretty good stuff!
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:08 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:So he doesn't like our team, who cares. I don't get why people on here get so caught up with hating "this" and "that." It is sports, he can choose whoever he wants. That is the beauty of sports. For all I care, he can choose the Browns to win the SB.

If you don't get it, why are you discussing it? The beauty of a discussion board, is the OP can choose whatever he/she wants to discuss, as long as it has to do with Seahawks.

Some people seem to feel that it is necessary to pass judgement on other people's topics. Find something REAL to discuss, something to do with the Seahawks.

Discussing what others are discussing is not a topic, it's Gossip.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:20 am
  • ivotuk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:So he doesn't like our team, who cares. I don't get why people on here get so caught up with hating "this" and "that." It is sports, he can choose whoever he wants. That is the beauty of sports. For all I care, he can choose the Browns to win the SB.

If you don't get it, why are you discussing it? The beauty of a discussion board, is the OP can choose whatever he/she wants to discuss, as long as it has to do with Seahawks.

Some people seem to feel that it is necessary to pass judgement on other people's topics. Find something REAL to discuss, something to do with the Seahawks.

Discussing what others are discussing is not a topic, it's Gossip.

I get what Hawk Lock is saying, you'd think after winning the SB this fanbase would have stopped being so thin skinned linking seemingly every slight or media opinion that's negative against the Hawks.

I very much doubt an ex player that played 20 years ago has an agenda against a team he had no involvement with or played in a division against.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:24 am
  • ivotuk wrote:

IIRC, Hoge got all bent out of shape, and Berman got reprimanded. He (Berman) has been a personal hero of mine ever since.

Haha :lol:

Never heard that, so awesome. Berman definitely has his moments.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:04 pm
  • AVL wrote:I'm pretty sure Pricko picked the hawks this week, might need to change the narrative on
    him slightly.

Prickso begrudgingly admits our D is good. It's mostly just Wilson he has a hate-on for. The bigger deal is he always picks the Cards. He loves Arizona (where he lives). He picked Arizona to win the NFC West at the start of the season every year from 2007 through 2016, with 2013 the only outlier. He picked the Niners that year.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:32 pm
  • Excluding week 1, the Falcons have been picked to win only 7 times by these experts.

1 picked us vs the Raiders
    2 vs the Saints
    2 vs the Panthers
    1 vs the Broncos
    1 vs the Seahawks

I'd say I'm perfectly okay with all the "experts" picking Seattle.
    Last edited by treefidy on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Julio Jones will eat Richard Sherman's lunch
    Stats from Round 1: 7 rec, 139 yards, 1 TD
    Round 2 to follow here:
    treefidy
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:48 pm
  • treefidy wrote:Excluding week 1, the Falcons have been picked to win only 7 times by these experts.

1 picked us vs the Raiders
    2 vs the Saints
    2 vs the Panthers
    1 vs the Bronocs
    1 vs the Seahawks

I'd say I'm perfectly okay with all the "experts" picking Seattle.

Who are the Bronocs?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:01 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Who are the Bronocs?

The #1 and #2 offenses beat the spelling out of them.
    Julio Jones will eat Richard Sherman's lunch
    Stats from Round 1: 7 rec, 139 yards, 1 TD
    Round 2 to follow here:
    treefidy
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:38 pm
  • I have no problem with the thread, but I will say that Hoge's choice most likely has nothing to do with his feelings about the Seahawks. I play on a few Fantasy Pick 'em sites. My record this year so far is 49-29. That's better than any of the experts on ESPN. In fact, that would make me tied for 5th place of all of the media's "Expert's" picks this season. I think I'm in 4000th place on one of my sites. I've been doing this for years, and it's not as easy as it looks. None of the experts are actually all that good either. I will say this: you can expect 3 to 5 upsets every week. The tough part is picking which games will be upsets. Obviously, Hoge picked the Hawks game as one of his upsets. It's not really a slight. He might think that the Hawks are far superior to the Falcons, but maybe he thinks Wilson is still playing at only 50% and he saw the injury report that said Clark and Chancellor might not play. The Falcons will likely be at full strength. Maybe he just thinks this particular game could be an upset game. I honestly don't think it's a reflection of his "hatred" for the Seahawks.

Regarding Prisco, I think there's a part of him that is embarrassed for knocking Wilson for so long, and now he simply hopes Wilson fails. I think the guys on these sport networks have to have a big ego to appear on TV and stuff, and it's probably hard to admit you're wrong when you've said some really stupid stuff about a great player.

Oh, and BTW, it's really tough to pick against your favorite team even when you try as hard as you can to be unbiased when making your picks.
    Willyeye
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:11 pm
  • Don't know why, but for some reason when I saw the thread, I thought we were talking about this guy

Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information