Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Nick Vannett should make his debut Sunday

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • Ack, Clark with a hammy? It would be nice to get Reed back this week.

    As for Vannett, this is great for the team and him.

    Prosise fully practiced as well.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • I was just wondering about this when I woke up this morning. Good news.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105019
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • We NEED Clark on Sunday.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2241
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Luke Willssson will likely be out of a job here soon.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4633
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Cyrus12 wrote:Luke Willssson will likely be out of a job here soon.


    Not until the end of the season at the earliest. And I could see him getting a modest extension. I doubt there is much demand on the market for him, and his versatility adds to his value for us.
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4355
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


  • McGruff wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Luke Willssson will likely be out of a job here soon.


    Not until the end of the season at the earliest. And I could see him getting a modest extension. I doubt there is much demand on the market for him, and his versatility adds to his value for us.


    Luke will get paid and so will Christine.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5838
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • I don't get all the Luke hate. Dude plays hard every snap he's in.
    Annual Adopt a Rookie: Vannett
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9322
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • I love Luke, but unfortunately I think with Jimmy and Vannett he becomes the odd man out.

    I really hope he plays great the rest of the season and lands a good deal somewhere. He's an overall good dude.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2241
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Hawk_Nation wrote:I love Luke, but unfortunately I think with Jimmy and Vannett he becomes the odd man out.

    I really hope he plays great the rest of the season and lands a good deal somewhere. He's an overall good dude.


    I like the possibility of Luke and Nick in to block if needed during a game. Is there an empty backfield 2 TE set? Nick and Luke helping block with Lockett, Baldwin and Graham out wide...that would be sick.
    Annual Adopt a Rookie: Vannett
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9322
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • Why is there an assumption that we'll only keep 2 TEs on the roster, and now especially with the FB position vacant? They have different skillsets, don't they.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1501
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I love Luke, but unfortunately I think with Jimmy and Vannett he becomes the odd man out.

    I really hope he plays great the rest of the season and lands a good deal somewhere. He's an overall good dude.


    I like the possibility of Luke and Nick in to block if needed during a game. Is there an empty backfield 2 TE set? Nick and Luke helping block with Lockett, Baldwin and Graham out wide...that would be sick.



    Oh I agree, but it all comes down to money. I think he is going to get a nice deal somewehre
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2241
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle



  • OkieHawk wrote:I don't get all the Luke hate. Dude plays hard every snap he's in.

    I don't either the guy has been decent.I said this another post but what if we pulled off a 3 TE set..Graham would be in a wide spot of course but can you imagine this in the RZ?
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3152
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • If Vannett shows any of the skills he showed in camp then Willson won't be back.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 777
    Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 am


  • Curious to see what he can offer. Should definitely help in the running game.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3387
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:I don't get all the Luke hate. Dude plays hard every snap he's in.

    I don't either the guy has been decent.I said this another post but what if we pulled off a 3 TE set..Graham would be in a wide spot of course but can you imagine this in the RZ?



    HA! Jimmy Graham used in the RZ? that's silly talk right there. :)

    Also I think Willsons replacement was drafted this last year (Vannett) and depending on how much interest Willson gets, he could be back. maybe sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal for around 3-4mil per.

    I think with this years RB draft class the hawks may let Cmike go depending how much he demands. remember hawks look for value and if Cmike (for whatever reason) demands a lot, Id think theyd go for the draft as apposed to signing Cmike. I like Cmike but the RB class this coming year is soo deep and talented.
    "It takes a big man to sit when he pees. its takes an even bigger man to tell someone he does"
    User avatar
    Davidess
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 176
    Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 am




It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information