Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NFL Viewing Maps

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
NFL Viewing Maps
Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: NFL Viewing Maps
Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 am
  • The maps suck. They really, really suck.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 am
  • Thanks for posting.
    seaNOmercy
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:30 am
  • Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:47 am
  • And this is why I have the Sunday Ticket.
    Annual Adopt a Rookie: Vannett
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:01 am
  • Yeah man if I had to live away from the Pacific Northwest there's no way I would not have Sunday Ticket. Even if I had to beg, borrow and steal.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:12 am
  • OkieHawk wrote:And this is why I have the Sunday Ticket.

Word. This is the 3rd game in a row that if I didn't have ST, I wouldn't see the game.

I just wish the NFL would quit giving the monopoly to DirecTv.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:18 am
  • Largent80 wrote:

Agreed. One would think that it would be illegal...
    Annual Adopt a Rookie: Vannett
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:31 am
  • Maybe one day we can pay a per game fee. Not getting DirecTV after having cut the cord. Screw the cable companies.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:35 am
  • lobohawk wrote:Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

To be fair it's the same sort of matchup as ours. 4-1 vs 3-1. And like it or not, Dallas and Green Bay draw huge ratings. I doubt Fox anticipated Atlanta having a hot start
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:44 am
  • lobohawk wrote:Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game.

I agree. The Cowboys are basically FOX's 'home team' and most of the time have the #1 announcing crew no matter how they're doing.

I'm in the Tampa area on vacation (I live in Atlanta) and like NC, instead of showing the Falcons who are in the same division as Tampa Bay, they have Dallas/Green Bay here. So I'm going to have to go to a sports bar to watch it.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:52 pm
  • lobohawk wrote:Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

Dallas? What about GB? GB has had 2 night games allready and outside of a few areas will be on TV AGAIN for most of the country. They will also be playing next week for TNF....so....3 of 6 games for sure EVERYONE got to see, and basically 4 for everyone that isnt next to Seattle or Atl. I live around Portland and I would say aside from the Seahawks the Packers are BY FAR on more than almost any other team almost every single year

Week 1 against the Jags in the PNW the Packers were on FOX EARLY
    Week 2 they played Vikings in primetime
    Week 3 they played lions which wasnt really showed outside midwest
    Week 4 bye
    Week 5 giants in primetime
    Week 6 cowboys which isnt quite primetime but will be on for everyone outside seattle and atltanta area
    Week 7 Thursday Night against the Bears

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:47 pm
  • I have no problem with the GB being shown over us. Before the season started, who would have thought ATL would be good. GB vs Dallas are big name teams, they draw more money. Simple as that.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:34 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

Copyrights . . . . you'd be hard pressed to find a monopoly the government loves more.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:34 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I have no problem with the GB being shown over us. Before the season started, who would have thought ATL would be good. GB vs Dallas are big name teams, they draw more money. Simple as that.

At the beginning of the year, sure. But aren't these decisions made weekly?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:46 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    lobohawk wrote:Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

Dallas? What about GB? GB has had 2 night games allready and outside of a few areas will be on TV AGAIN for most of the country. They will also be playing next week for TNF....so....3 of 6 games for sure EVERYONE got to see, and basically 4 for everyone that isnt next to Seattle or Atl. I live around Portland and I would say aside from the Seahawks the Packers are BY FAR on more than almost any other team almost every single year

Week 4 bye
    Week 6 cowboys which isnt quite primetime but will be on for everyone outside seattle and atltanta area

And they just flexed the GB v ATL (week 8 ) to the 4:25 Sunday slot on FOX and moved CAR/AZ to 1:00. People will get more than their fill of GB :pukeface:
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm
  • LolaRox wrote:And they just flexed the GB v ATL (week 8 ) to the 4:25 Sunday slot on FOX and moved CAR/AZ to 1:00. People will get more than their fill of GB :pukeface:

So if I was a GB fan in the portland area the only games I would miss this season up to that point would of been the Cowboy and Lions games....out of 7 games....

I could see them being on week 9 too if Indy rebounds....Luck vs Rodgers ratings. If CBS has the late game around here the only other game it would compete with is Chargers/Titans...That might be a tough one to replace in the portland area because west coast team and Mariota

Week 11 they are primetime Sunday against Redskins.
    Week 12 they are primetime Monday against Eagles
    Week 14 they play Seattle
    Week 16 they play Vikings which im sure will be on since its probably going to be for the Division or a very meaningful game

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:25 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I have no problem with the GB being shown over us. Before the season started, who would have thought ATL would be good. GB vs Dallas are big name teams, they draw more money. Simple as that.

But even if they are made on a week to week basis, the Boys vs Pack is a great matchup. Both teams only have one loss. Tie breaker goes to them because they are more popular teams nationally.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:04 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I have no problem with the GB being shown over us. Before the season started, who would have thought ATL would be good. GB vs Dallas are big name teams, they draw more money. Simple as that.

But even if they are made on a week to week basis, the Boys vs Pack is a great matchup. Both teams only have one loss. Tie breaker goes to them because they are more popular teams nationally.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is a bad matchup. I do, however, think the NFL would benefit from the maps being a bit more evenly split. They have two good games at the same time and are practically burying one of them.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:08 pm
  • Aren't there limits to national SNF Games? We're on there 4 times already right? Plus we've got a Monday nighter in there too. There is a limit, but I dunno what it is. Someone here knows. I think it would have been a no-brainer flex for sure. Hawks/Atlanta=Biggest, coolest game of the week... IMHO.... (homer opinion) lol But I think the reason we weren't even considered for a flex is that we are at our limit for national prime-time games. I'm, uh, good with that... heh heh And it's mega-cool that they compacted them in our last 11 games. Awesome. You guys do realize we play the Cards in AZ after the Falcons, right? Another HUGE game.... WHOOHOOO!!!! GOD I love football season!!! :179417:
    "Well, he's what you call 'on the bubble' with Porky-pine pants". Steve Largent, when he used to do color for Seahawks Pre-Season games...

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:25 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:And this is why I have the Sunday Ticket.

Word. This is the 3rd game in a row that if I didn't have ST, I wouldn't see the game.

I don't have directTV either but I was able to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket online and watch all the games online.

https://nflst.directv.com/

It's $50 a month but I live in San Francisco and can't watch the Hawks unless I go to a bar. $50 a month is kind of expensive but if you think about it I usually spend at least $50 every weekend going to a bar just to watch the game anyway. Plus there is no contract for DirectTV.

I love it, I have lived in the Bay Area since 2012 and have always had to go to a local bar to watch the Hawks or even further for a Seahawks bar plus wake up early to get a good seat... Now I can kick it at my house and watch the game every weekend in HD!

GREATEST!
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:34 am
  • BlueThunder wrote:Aren't there limits to national SNF Games? We're on there 4 times already right? Plus we've got a Monday nighter in there too. There is a limit, but I dunno what it is. Someone here knows. I think it would have been a no-brainer flex for sure. Hawks/Atlanta=Biggest, coolest game of the week... IMHO.... (homer opinion) lol But I think the reason we weren't even considered for a flex is that we are at our limit for national prime-time games. I'm, uh, good with that... heh heh And it's mega-cool that they compacted them in our last 11 games. Awesome. You guys do realize we play the Cards in AZ after the Falcons, right? Another HUGE game.... WHOOHOOO!!!! GOD I love football season!!! :179417:

According to the story last year about prime time games, All teams were allowed only 4 prime time games. If one team only had 3 and that did not max them out, then they could flex that team to a prime game. Afternoon games are not prime time games, just a change of venue. There were teams that were in positions to make a run at their respective divisions and they were allowed to flex them for the ratings (dont ask how, I assume it is in the NFL contracts loophole, et al.....Goodell rules).

Snipes post.....

If you have the card capability, you could probably put a DVR attached to the video and audio out and record it as well. Then watch it on your tv. Still working on doing that with my Vid card to tv using HDMI capability off the secondary output from my vid card. Not sure if the audio will go to DVR yet as I have not done it yet.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:52 am
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    lobohawk wrote:Can the NFL spend anymore effort shoving Dallas down our throats. Even in NC where the local team is the Panthers, we can't view the fellow NFC South's Atlanta game. Absurd. Thought for sure I'd be able to see it this week.

Week 4 bye

You do realize the Seahawks have the most primetime games this season right?

Contrary to popular belief, the Seahawks are actually on national TV a whole lot now.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:57 am
  • LolaRox wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:

Week 4 bye

And they just flexed the GB v ATL (week 8 ) to the 4:25 Sunday slot on FOX and moved CAR/AZ to 1:00. People will get more than their fill of GB :pukeface:

I mean at least that one actually makes sense. That Panthers/Cardinals game was the only NFC game at 4. You would have to agree that GB/Atanta is a more compelling match up, especially with the records.
    fuego
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:41 am
  • fuego wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:

Week 4 bye

I mean at least that one actually makes sense. That Panthers/Cardinals game was the only NFC game at 4. You would have to agree that GB/Atanta is a more compelling match up, especially with the records.

Welcome to Seahawks.net where some fans will believe every Seahawks game should be aired on SNF. :lol:
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:48 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    fuego wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:

Welcome to Seahawks.net where some fans will believe every Seahawks game should be aired on SNF. :lol:

NOOOO.....There is Monday Night Football. :rumble:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:58 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Welcome to Seahawks.net where some fans will believe every Seahawks game should be aired on SNF. :lol:

:lol:
    fuego
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:30 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    fuego wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:

I'm not one of those fans. I don't believe or want the Seahawks (or any other team) to be on SNF every week. My response was about GB being on so many national games especially so close together.

Yes, GB v ATL is a much better game to watch.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:41 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

Actually it would be illegal but the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961 gave the NFL an antitrust exemption that allows them to pool TV rights.
    Insomniac
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:41 pm
  • I know everyone hates the Cowboys, myself included........but they are routinely the biggest fan base each year when you take into account sellouts, fan's that travel, TV ratings and merchandise sales.

So of course the NFL and networks are going to put them on as much as they can in prime time.

But hell, as an older fan that remembers when Bigfoot or Loch Ness sightings were more frequent than the Hawks being on prime time........I'll take 3-4 games a year every year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information