Matt Hasselbeck Vs Trent Dilfer

Atradees

Reaction score
I remember back in the "Day" it was a hot topic on the forum.

Should we start Matt or Trent? We know how that story went. True Trent has a ring but Hass was the better QB.

I was hoping Hass would become the Seahawks Guy wich Moon currently holds.

Now the both of them share the national spotlight broadcasting.

Completely awesome how the NFL world is everything Seahawks these days when we used to be an afterthought.

Matt is a natural broadcaster/personality. I think I am beginning to see tears in Dilfers eyes as once again he is sliding to second string.

McGruff

Reaction score
There was an interchange Sunday that was hilarious. It was Randy Moss, Diller and Hass.

Diller was explaining that it's hard to score touchdowns in the NFL.

Hass said, "it was hard for you, but Randy made it look easy."

pmedic920

Reaction score
McGruff":1vax002l said:
There was an interchange Sunday that was hilarious. It was Randy Moss, Diller and Hass.

Sorry I missed that.

Hilarious, maybe somebody will post the clip.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
McGruff":1ohy2b74 said:

LMAO!! Ah I loves me some Mathew Hasselbeck.

Tical21

Reaction score
They also had an exchange where they talked about losing jobs to injury. Felt just a hair touchy for a second.

I'm admittedly way biased, but I already think Matt is the best talking head they've ever had on there. His ability to tell entertaining, thoughtful stories that make their segments come to life is unparalleled.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tical21":3iiqa3hn said:
They also had an exchange where they talked about losing jobs to injury. Felt just a hair touchy for a second.

I'm admittedly way biased, but I already think Matt is the best talking head they've ever had on there. His ability to tell entertaining, thoughtful stories that make their segments come to life is unparalleled.

Which was completely predictable based on how he was in interviews during his time in the NFL. I'm glad he found that natural fit in broadcasting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm allergic to anything with Chris Berman in it, so I'll take your guy's word.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1igkcjcr said:
I'm allergic to anything with Chris Berman in it, so I'll take your guy's word.

Almost passes out at the end of every sentence.

253hawk

Reaction score
When are Dilfer and Woodson finally going to buy some grown-up shoes to wear with their suits? Or they can just go away, and take Suzy Coldsore with them.

Hass, Moss, and Young are great though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Atradees":3ml9sp2i said:
........Completely awesome how the NFL world is everything Seahawks these days when we used to be an afterthought........
Um, not so fast my friend. Listening tio Mike & Mike this morning, Trey Wingnut subbing for Greenie and they're talking about how defense is becoming a huge focus for teams this year and they talk about how everyone saw what Denver did last year and that started the trend. Really? Bullshit. As we all know Denver copied Seattle's model after the Hawks shut down the most prolific offense of all time yet no mention of that. I also heard a discussion about great defenses a couple days ago and not one word about the Seahawks. Plenty of '02 Tampa, '00 Ravens, last year's Donkeys, etc. though.

Make no mistake, the national media, especially Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network, would be more than happy to watch the Seahawks become irrelevant again.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":nujc3awa said:
Atradees":nujc3awa said:
........Completely awesome how the NFL world is everything Seahawks these days when we used to be an afterthought........
Um, not so fast my friend. Listening tio Mike & Mike this morning, Trey Wingnut subbing for Greenie and they're talking about how defense is becoming a huge focus for teams this year and they talk about how everyone saw what Denver did last year and that started the trend. Really? Bullshit. As we all know Denver copied Seattle's model after the Hawks shut down the most prolific offense of all time yet no mention of that. I also heard a discussion about great defenses a couple days ago and not one word about the Seahawks. Plenty of '02 Tampa, '00 Ravens, last year's Donkeys, etc. though.

Make no mistake, the national media, especially Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network, would be more than happy to watch the Seahawks become irrelevant again.

We are already seeing some of that. I DVR a lot of NFL related shows, fast forward through them, and barely a mention of Seahawks. But plenty of Bills Rams, etc. It's like ESPN has gone all TMZ. "What did Rexy say?"

But back to the topic, Hasselbeck is elite at everything he does. Which makes me proud that he's a former Seahawk. He will help balance the BS.

And was that Trent "Phyllis" Diller?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, you could see that Hass would be an incredible broadcaster when his playing days were done.

I don't have a problem with Dilfer, he's intelligent and has good analysis but he just doesn't have the charisma that Hass does.

And for the Hawks being in the news.....we were on a bye week. Seriously, look at any other team with a bye and you hear nothing about them as well. I also think when we were coming up, we had SF as a great rival. It was also a new thing that we were pretty good (if folks couldn't remember 4 or so years ago when we went to XL, but it was all about Pitt then). Now there's really no drama here; Arizona isn't looking all that good and SF is terrible so it's expected we're going to be that good all the time.

The Breh

Reaction score
Dudes, I CANNOT stand Dilfer.
Just because he knows the game isn't enough for me.
Same goes for Collinsworth, Buck, Aikman etc....

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
The Breh":32zi6k2i said:
Dudes, I CANNOT stand Dilfer.
Just because he knows the game isn't enough for me.
Same goes for Collinsworth, Buck, Aikman etc....

We need to be on the same bowling team. I literally thought I had already responded to this thread. All of those are so irritating to me; mute button worthy.

And, "leather you're with me", needs to go, too.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I liked when Hass told the guy next to him to "Know his place". Clearly sharp wit; It befuddled the dude, I dont know him.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I've lost all love for Dilfer... Seems every time the picks come in, he goes against the grain and out of any logic to pick against the 'Hawks... There's something there. He harbors some ill-will against us that we may probably never know. But it's there. He HATES the Seahawks. Wish I knew the inside scoop...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Who was it that posted. If Matt Hasslbeck is the answer then what the hell was the question? I remember that being the touch off point and mike drop for someone on this board.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
BlueThunder":187ks4db said:
I've lost all love for Dilfer... Seems every time the picks come in, he goes against the grain and out of any logic to pick against the 'Hawks... There's something there. He harbors some ill-will against us that we may probably never know. But it's there. He HATES the Seahawks. Wish I knew the inside scoop...

Dilfer is connected with the Niners organization now. Im not sure if its York or Baalke he's buddy buddy with, but that might explain his anti-Seahawk bias.

OpHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2yi0zs90 said:

lol! man that made me laugh