So do the Hawks "disrespect" JJ?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Saw where he said getting single coverage was disrespect. Think they go single on him with Sherm? I'm assuming that will happen. He'll get some numbers but Sherm will get a pick or two as well.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I like Belicheats way, double team him with the #2 corner and over the top help and place Sherman on the the #2. I think that does the best control. Julio is a beast and he will get his catches, but minimize them and shut down the other receiver. Taking out their 2 best WR's gives the line more time to get to Ryan.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sherm has traditionally played well enough against Jones that I don't think they need to change up their defense and create other holes.

I can see them having Sherman follow Jones though. Jones will still get his, but it won't be enough to tilt the field.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawks respect everyone, but fear no one.

I'm sure they have some plans for JJ. It may or may not include the suggestions noted here, some of them are quite logical ways of trying to slow the guy down. But one thing, the Seahawks are probably the least likely of any team in the league to significantly alter their basic defensive philosophy and game plan for any single player.

They are vets, they expect that JJ will get his catches and yards, but we will limit him overall. I'm not sure Sherm will be on him full time, though that is a very attractive idea. It's a great matchup of two great players.

It's gonna be fun.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sherm already played vs. Marshall who is just as Beastly as Jones. Color me not worried.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1m96z4ch said:
Sherm has traditionally played well enough against Jones that I don't think they need to change up their defense and create other holes.

I can see them having Sherman follow Jones though. Jones will still get his, but it won't be enough to tilt the field.

Was Sherman shadowing Jones in the 2013 regular season game? I honestly can't remember.

Sherman stayed on his right side against White and Jones in the 2012 divisional game iirc. Roddy had more success than Jones.

It'll be interesting to see how Richard wants to approach this. I'm not comfortable with Shead covering Jones with Earl or Kam doubling over the top. Idk if he's quite the caliber to handle that. Jones can beat double teams, but Sherman can cover him just as solid

gowazzu02

Reaction score
If he thinks single coverage is disrespectful, just wait until Sherman picks off Ryan when trying to get it to him :)

fuego

Reaction score
You've got to remember that Julio alone is no longer the lone key for us. We're not just a one-trick pony. He was shut down against Denver (2 catches) and we scored 23, and he was shut down against the Saints (1 catch) and we scored 45. We beat Denver by matching up our running backs on the LBs. Freeman and Coleman run routes like wide receivers. It's kind of a pick your poison. Gonna be a great game though.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
fuego":iqlaqjuj said:
You've got to remember that Julio alone is no longer the lone key for us. We're not just a one-trick pony. He was shut down against Denver (2 catches) and we scored 23, and he was shut down against the Saints (1 catch) and we scored 45. We beat Denver by matching up our running backs on the LBs. Freeman and Coleman run routes like wide receivers. It's kind of a pick your poison. Gonna be a great game though.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if the Seahawks hold the Falcons to 23 points, the Seahawks will win but if the Falcons score 45, the Falcons will win.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Largent80":3347zc9r said:
Sherm already played vs. Marshall who is just as Beastly as Jones. Color me not worried.

Just as? Mmmmmm, I dunno.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete always dictates with his defense, he never lets another team's scheme or players dictate what he does.

So my guess is we play D as we always play D, straight up everyone doing their job and trusting one another to do their job correctly.

If Shead starts getting burned by Jones when they're matched up? Yes, then you'll see some in game adjustments shading Earl and an underneath LB to help out.

But no, nothing more as that messes up what our entire scheme is about.

blazen2392

Reaction score
HawkGA":1fob9ltp said:
fuego":1fob9ltp said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if the Seahawks hold the Falcons to 23 points, the Seahawks will win but if the Falcons score 45, the Falcons will win.

No chance in hell anyone puts up 45 points on us unless its a super flukey game. Our defense is every bit as good as the broncos.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Referencing Sherman on Marshall, Brandon had Fitz(not-so)magic throwing to him. Matt Ryan is a much better QB and I don't take it for granted that Sherm will get any picks. My guess is that Sherman covers JJ well enough to contest most catches, and makes Ryan think twice about throwing his way. That bit of hesitation could help the pass-rush

While it's true that the Falcons have a number of weapons, where is the weak spot on our D? Who do you think can be burned? Realistically now, not just "on paper" because of 40 times...

Barthawk

Reaction score
fuego":w7zw9t5i said:

Denver is 24th in the NFL at stopping the run, you all kicked butt early establishing the run.. definitely took some pressure of Ryan.. we are the 3rd ranked Run D, 3.3 ypc (also 3rd).. #1 pass defense and #1 overall defense in the NFL.. playing at home where we have the best home record in the NFL the past 5 seasons....

Barring turnovers by Seattle, I anticipate a long day for ATL.. doesn't help having back to back west coast games.

Torc

Reaction score
blazen2392":lvk4ee08 said:
no chance in hell anyone puts up 45 points on us unless its a super flukey game. Our defense is every bit as good as the broncos.

Better. I'm getting tired of hearing about the Broncos being the "best defense in the NFL". Points are the only ranking that matter.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Ryan throws high and consistently sets his WRs, especially JJ, up to get leveled. Kam should oblige. That should take him down a peg or two a la Demaryius Thomas in the super bowl.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":14lh4lw4 said:

Marshall didn't have a perennial Pro Bowl QB throwing to him. And Marshall STILL slapped Sherman around for a whole half. I must be the only one anticipating a clash of titans this Sunday. ATL is a contender this year.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Welcome fuego and the rest of the falcons fans
If ya'all are civil we can have some great conversations about match ups , just remember , there are always those here and I'm sure on your side that aren't civil so take it with a grain of salt :rumble:
I like our offense against your d much better as we are implementing a style that we haven't shown against most teams we play against
It's gonna be a high scoring game , I have no doubt
Better get your fantasy on :snack:

fuego

Reaction score
hawxfreak":flp4dpf8 said:
Welcome fuego and the rest of the falcons fans
If ya'all are civil we can have some great conversations about match ups , just remember , there are always those here and I'm sure on your die that aren't civil so take it with a grain of salt :rumble:
I like our offense against your d much better as we are implementing a style that we haven't shown against most teams we play against
It's gonna be a high scoring game , I have no doubt
Better get your fantasy on :snack:

Thanks for the welcome. I went to 'orangemane.com' to have some decent dialog with Denver fans and that place was the pits. lol. Couldn't have an intelligent conversation at ALL. So far this has been MUCH better.

In interest of full disclosure, they were so nasty over there that when we won I felt obligated to go back and troll them. lol.