Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Weather Forecast for Sunday....

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Weather Forecast for Sunday....
Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 am
  • I know its a bit early but......

70% chance of rain
    High of 58 degrees
    Winds gusting to 15mph

High flying DOME TEAM, playing out west 2600+ miles from home, in nasty weather in front a bunch of juiced up fans and a healthier Russ.

Yessir.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Re: Weather Forecast for Sunday....
Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:34 am
  • Not sure how much this is a factor but the Falcons are already here and going to practice in Bellevue all week.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:40 am
  • Hate to break it to you bud. But Russell Wilson plays like crap in the rain. Go back and check out his worst games at home. All of them are in the rain.

2013 VS Cards: lose 10-17 after forcing 4 Carson Palmer interceptions. They could not move the ball at all. Wilson 11/27 108 1 TD 1 INT

2014 VS Saints: They squeak by the Saints. That game had crazy weather windy, sunny, rainy. Wilson was just 9/18 103 yards 0TD 0INT

2014 VS Oakland: This was a horrible Raiders team the Hawks won 30-24. Wilson 17/35 179 0TD 0INT

2015 VS Green Bay: We all know about this one Wilson played like pure trash. If the Packers had not made some mental blunders they would have won. Wilson 14/29 209 1TD 4INT

So yeah I would not be excited about bad weather.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:52 am
  • So how is Matt Ryan in the rain?
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:56 am
  • That weather calls for a heavy dose of Christine Michael
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:12 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:Hate to break it to you bud. But Russell Wilson plays like crap in the rain. Go back and check out his worst games at home. All of them are in the rain.

2013 VS Cards: lose 10-17 after forcing 4 Carson Palmer interceptions. They could not move the ball at all. Wilson 11/27 108 1 TD 1 INT

2014 VS Saints: They squeak by the Saints. That game had crazy weather windy, sunny, rainy. Wilson was just 9/18 103 yards 0TD 0INT

2014 VS Oakland: This was a horrible Raiders team the Hawks won 30-24. Wilson 17/35 179 0TD 0INT

2015 VS Green Bay: We all know about this one Wilson played like pure trash. If the Packers had not made some mental blunders they would have won. Wilson 14/29 209 1TD 4INT

So yeah I would not be excited about bad weather.

Was about to post this, but you beat me to it.

Rain games are typically hard to throw in anyways, but it seems to effect wilson more, regardless of his hand size.

If it comes down to a running game, the Falcons have the advantage and it's not even close. Devonte Freeman and Coleman are much better than Michael
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:26 am
  • Falcons have the better RB duo, but the Hawks have the better run defense.

Not really an advantage either way IMO
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 am
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:Falcons have the better RB duo, but the Hawks have the better run defense.

This.

If those Falcon RB's don't scare you, you're not paying attention. Best RB tandem in the NFL right now, and with a QB like Ryan and WR core with Jones? That's one scary as hell offense.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:43 am
  • I don't think ive noticed any trend of RW not being able to play in the rain. Im sure if we look back we can point to games where it was nasty out and he played just fine?

Wasn't there a prime time Saints game a few years ago that had nasty weather? The first blowout of the niners when we announced our presence at the start of the run? The Saints playoff game?
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:44 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:Falcons have the better RB duo, but the Hawks have the better run defense.

This.

If those Falcon RB's don't scare you, you're not paying attention. Best RB tandem in the NFL right now, and with a QB like Ryan and WR core with Jones? That's one scary as hell offense.

True, but we've been there done that with great offenses. How many times have the Saints shown up here with great offenses lead by Brees? Same with the Packers, Broncos in the SB. Our D will be just fine.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:44 am
  • That really sux. I remember maybe one bad weather home game where RW played well. This is not good news for the hawks :shock:
    tonyseahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:58 am
  • Um, he played college ball in crap weather. Not worried about him one bit. A bunch of rain and wind can only help the Hawks, especially against a fast team w/weapons like that. I'm more interested in seeing how we do against the backs getting screen passes, that has been something that can be successful against the Hawks D. That all being said, it's not as if the Hawks running game has been money this year. Should be a great game, but weather will not be a factor in how Russ plays.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:20 am
  • I wish everyone would quit being so scared. It's annoying. :stirthepot:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:Falcons have the better RB duo, but the Hawks have the better run defense.

This.

i'd agree, but I'd also venture to say that our run defense is leagues better than theirs. This is a game that our OL needs to establish the run.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:07 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Um, he played college ball in crap weather. Not worried about him one bit. A bunch of rain and wind can only help the Hawks, especially against a fast team w/weapons like that. I'm more interested in seeing how we do against the backs getting screen passes, that has been something that can be successful against the Hawks D. That all being said, it's not as if the Hawks running game has been money this year. Should be a great game, but weather will not be a factor in how Russ plays.

Any numbers to back up your statement?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:09 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:I don't think ive noticed any trend of RW not being able to play in the rain. Im sure if we look back we can point to games where it was nasty out and he played just fine?

Wasn't there a prime time Saints game a few years ago that had nasty weather? The first blowout of the niners when we announced our presence at the start of the run? The Saints playoff game?

The January 2014 game was the playoff game aginst the Saints. The 2013 game that was a blowout on Monday night was a regular cloudy day.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:So how is Matt Ryan in the rain?

He plays in a dome and plays in the South. He almost never plays in bad weather, going back over the game logs when the team was good. He played in poor weather conditions like 3 times total and his numbers are very close to his regular averages.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:34 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:So how is Matt Ryan in the rain?

He plays in a dome and plays in the South. He almost never plays in bad weather, going back over the game logs when the team was good. He played in poor weather conditions like 3 times total and his numbers are very close to his regular averages.

So now large sample size?

Got it, I will still take Russ.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 am
  • Sloppy weather game hopefully means it'll come down to defenses since points could be tough to come by in less than optimal playing conditions. If this is the case, i'll take our sloppy weather defense against anybody's right now.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:17 am
  • I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion. He will be just fine on Sunday. This is OUR house, and they're not gonna' let Ryan just throw it around the field like he does against other teams. Unlike many people who STILL don't get it, Russ is one of the best QB's in football, period.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 am
  • I posted this on the boards in January 2015:

"Maybe it's just me...but I think Russell struggles in the rain/wind. Although I do believe he is now 6-0 in the rain, I think the weather affects his handling of the ball (and we know how huge his hands are).
    I was at the home game vs Oakland and against that team at home, Russ had 0 tds, a pick and just looked off target. The next home game vs the Giants where the weather was similar, he threw 0 TDs and two picks.
    Sunday's game, 4 picks and remember how bad the weather was vs New Orleans in the playoffs last year, Russ had 100 yards no tds, no picks.
    I'm confident he'll play noticeably better in Arizona...but that's just an observation."
    fiverabbit
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:07 am
  • Russ definitely struggles in the rain, despite having every advantage. Hopefully this will be the game that breaks the trend.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:05 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion.

That's not an opinion it is a statical fact. Don,t shoot the messenger, if the game is played in the rain Wilson will play like crap. The team can still win but Wilson will be awful.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:23 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion.

That's not an opinion it is a statical fact. Don,t shoot the messenger, if the game is played in the rain Wilson will play like crap. The team can still win but Wilson will be awful.

Now this IS just an opinion, but if I am remembering correctly, what struck me was how wind combined with rain affect his "touch passes". When he drives the ball on short and intermediate routes, its not so bad, but his deep ball that he likes to put air under, or if he is trying to drop the ball between 2 zone defenders really gets messed up. I wonder how many of the games you mentioned in your first post had wind as a big factor? I'm hoping we need both rain AND gustly winds before Wilson's passing is affected drastically.
    canfan
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:40 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion.

You need to learn the difference between a fact and an opinion. What I emphasized in your quote is an opinion, not a fact.

Even if he has always played like crap every time he has ever played in rainy, windy conditions, (and I don't know whether he has or not) that is no guarantee that he will always play like crap every single time he plays in rainy, windy conditions.

This is pretty simple stuff.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:43 am
  • Oh, how cute. It's a "fact" that Wilson will play like crap if it rains? I've been hearing for years all the things that Wilson CAN'T do. He has been proving clueless people wrong his ENTIRE CAREER. :roll:
    Very few QB's in this league have had his success/winning percentage since he's been in the NFL. But don't let that cloud your opinion, because obviously he will play like crap since it's raining. I'm sure Russell Wilson is soooooo worried about a little rain. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:58 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:

Seahawks have had a very bad game in extreme heat. (San Diego)
    Seahawks have had a very bad game in extreme cold (Minnesota)

I don't ever recall them or Russ having a particularly bad game during rain. In fact I looked forward to inclimate weather here in town as the Hawks generally did well.. SF comes to mind a couple of years ago, the game was delayed by thunderstorms in fact.. Oh, we trounced the Niners in that game.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 pm
  • I would take a on legged Russ with a banged up Oline in rain, over a healthy Matty Ice in rain 7 days a week.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:23 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I wish everyone would quit being so scared. It's annoying. :stirthepot:

"tell em..."MAN UP"!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:56 am
  • The forecast is looking worse and worse. Wet as hell and windy.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:08 am
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:I would take a on legged Russ with a banged up Oline in rain, over a healthy Matty Ice in rain 7 days a week.

Not to hijack this thread with a fantasy hot tip, but...

Those of you with Russell Wilson on your squads need to sit him for this game.

I WILL get shelled for this tidbit, I know, but just trust me on this one. Seriously.

Signed,
    Houstradamus82

:les:
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:12 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I would take a on legged Russ with a banged up Oline in rain, over a healthy Matty Ice in rain 7 days a week.

Not to hijack this thread with a fantasy hot tip, but...

Those of you with Russell Wilson on your squads need to sit him for this game.

I WILL get shelled for this tidbit, I know, but just trust me on this one. Seriously.

Signed,
    Houstradamus82

:les:

I agree...

Im starting Stafford this week against the Rams.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:12 am
  • I don't know if any of you have noticed but Wilson is way more accurate this year than any previous years.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:33 am
  • I love how we pick 4 games and say that's the proof Wilson doesn't play well in the rain. He has played multiple games in acclimate weather some of them huge games. Wilson at home is a safer bet in any weather than Ryan in the Link on the opposite coast.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:08 am
  • Bookmark this thread, it's gonna be filled with all sorts of different crow eating.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:12 am
  • Present forecast is for light rain in the morning and showers in the afternoon and winds around 15 miles per hour. Doesn't sound all that terrible to me.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:01 am
  • I'm not even sure why the Hawks should show up on Sunday. It might rain. Clearly Russell can't play football in the rain :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:28 am
  • nategreat wrote:Bookmark this thread, it's gonna be filled with all sorts of different crow eating.

Bookmark to your heart's delight Nate, and you very well may be seeing me take one of the first bites, but I will say this:

I rarely have feelings that cause me to wake from a sound sleep and pace the kitchen until my slippers become sweat-soaked and the wife yells "come back to bed!". Last night, this did occur.

This same thing occurred twice in recent memory. Once, the night prior to the Panthers game ending our playoff run last season, and the other, the night before SBLIX. I can't explain why it happens, nor can I channel these happenings into my making a bet that ends up making me any money. I can only tell you that this time my nightmare included tipped passes and some very untimely WR drops.

I want sooooo much to be wrong, but I have learned to succumb to these infrequent premonitions and have begun to trust and act on them accordingly. I still think we win, and win easily, but Russell will not be the reason we do. I believe our Special Teams and our defense come to the rescue.

Nope, it's not the rain or wind, we all know that isn't going to be it. It's a combination of inept circumstance and some Falcons good luck that curtails the Wilson efforts this Sunday. Dan has every opportunity to shine against our regime and he is an extremely talented, motivated, and adept coach. He will show well against us, if it kills him in doing so.

Sorry folks, I wish I had better news for you.
    Last edited by HoustonHawk82 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:48 am
  • So has RW sucked at throwing the ball EVERY time it's rained? Or is it just every game he's sucked at throwing has been rainy? Huge difference.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:52 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Bookmark this thread, it's gonna be filled with all sorts of different crow eating.

Bookmark to your heart's delight Nate, and you very well may be seeing me take one of the first bites, but I will say this:

I rarely have feelings that cause me to wake from a sound sleep and pace the kitchen until my slippers become sweat-soaked and the wife yells "come back to bed!". Last night, this did occur.

This same thing occurred twice in recent memory. Once, the night prior to the Panthers game ending our playoff run last season, and the other, the night before SBLIX. I can't explain why it happens, nor can I channel these happenings into my making a bet that ends up making me any money. I can only tell you that this time my nightmare included tipped passes and some very untimely WR drops.

I want sooooo much to be wrong, but I have learned to succumb to these infrequent premonitions and have begun to trust and act on them accordingly. I still think we win, and win easily, but Russell will not be the reason we do. I believe our Special Teams and our defense come to the rescue.

Nope, it's not the rain or wind, we all know that isn't going to be it. It's a combination of inept circumstance and some Falcons good luck that curtails the Wilson efforts this Sunday. Gus has every opportunity to shine against our regime and he is an extremely talented, motivated, and adept coach. He will show well against us, if it kills him in doing so.

Gus, as in Gus Bradley?

I think you meant to say... Dan.

If you are going to try scare the hell out of us with prognostications of doom, at least get the name of the ex-assistant right! We aren't playing the damn Jaguars.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:56 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Bookmark this thread, it's gonna be filled with all sorts of different crow eating.

Nope, it's not the rain or wind, we all know that isn't going to be it. It's a combination of inept circumstance and some Falcons good luck that curtails the Wilson efforts this Sunday. (DAN) has every opportunity to shine against our regime and he is an extremely talented, motivated, and adept coach. He will show well against us, if it kills him in doing so.

Gus, as in Gus Bradley?

I think you meant to say... Dan.

If you are going to try scare the hell out of us with prognostications of doom, at least get the name of the ex-assistant right! We aren't playing the damn Jaguars.

Yes, I did, Dan Quinn it is... My bad.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 am

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:39 am

• This is why I posted this to begin with. I was told that there was a remote possibility of a nasty storm coming in, but to bank on 15-20mph gusts come game time. Over the week the size of the storm has grown, but it looks like most will be farther inland by Sunday afternoon.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:06 pm
  • I am worried about the weather. We win at least 6 or 7 times out of 10 and crazy weather is just another variable that can mess with the game for both teams. I would rather have nice weather and a loud crowd and let the chips fall where they may.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:33 pm
  • The friggin power could be out. There may not even be a game.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:51 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:The friggin power could be out. There may not even be a game.

There must be a backup source of power. Plus you can be damn sure that will be the first area to have power restored on Sunday.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:01 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm not even sure why the Hawks should show up on Sunday. It might rain. Clearly Russell can't play football in the rain :roll:

Bevell can't read his playbook properly in the rain, maybe that will be our only salvation?

:sarcasm_off:
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:24 pm
  • andyh64000 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:The friggin power could be out. There may not even be a game.

There must be a backup source of power. Plus you can be damn sure that will be the first area to have power restored on Sunday.

Obviously you missed the inaugural day storm in 1992. There are Energizers but, I believe the stadium will need a bit more.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 pm
  • Falcons play in a dome so any storm will probably benefit us a lot as we have the stronger running game.

I expect our run defense to play at its typical elite level and Jarran Reed will be back also.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:42 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Obviously you missed the inaugural day storm in 1992. There are Energizers but, I believe the stadium will need a bit more.

I watched that roll in and waited it out from the 9th floor of the Bank of America building in downtown Bellevue.

That was a fun day.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
    FearTheBeak
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information