Hawks #2 in ESPN Power Rankings.

sutz

Reaction score
Fun news, but it is still only October. ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Don't worry man, everbody has posted duplicates. Usually when it's spotted, it's just linked & locked. :)

NFL.com isn't quite as generous.

3-1 SEAHAWKS 1
Lost in the Rams' upset of the Cardinals, the Bills thrashing of the Patriots, and Ben Roethlisberger heaving about 18 touchdown passes ... Russell Wilson put on quite a show just across the Hudson River from Broadway. Wilson carried the Seahawks on his back for as long as he needed to -- until the defense forced Ryan Fitzpatrick to look like Ryan Fitzpatrick -- hitting 23 of 32 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns. Peering closer into that stat line, the hobbled QB averaged nearly 10 yards every time the football left his hand. Tell you what, Seahawks fans: With that kind of aerial showing, and a top-shelf defense, it's time for Jägerbomb.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -no-1-spot

Hawks46

Reaction score
ivotuk":r7qw9n1k said:
Don't worry man, everbody has posted duplicates. Usually when it's spotted, it's just linked & locked. :)

3-1 SEAHAWKS 1
Lost in the Rams' upset of the Cardinals, the Bills thrashing of the Patriots, and Ben Roethlisberger heaving about 18 touchdown passes ... Russell Wilson put on quite a show just across the Hudson River from Broadway. Wilson carried the Seahawks on his back for as long as he needed to -- until the defense forced Ryan Fitzpatrick to look like Ryan Fitzpatrick -- hitting 23 of 32 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns. Peering closer into that stat line, the hobbled QB averaged nearly 10 yards every time the football left his hand. Tell you what, Seahawks fans: With that kind of aerial showing, and a top-shelf defense, it's time for Jägerbomb.

Not sure how #4 isn't generous. You have Denver and Philly both at 4-0, and Philly is giving up less ppg, while Denver is forcing more turnovers on defense.

NE is a toss up, but they've been beating people with back up QBs and are getting Brady back. 3-1 as well and I honestly think it could be a coin flip between the two teams.

Do I think we'd be at the Patriots ? Right now, yea, because our 2nd and 3rd CB's are better than when we last faced them, and our pass rush is better, plus I think we'd run on them. But it's not offending to me.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawks46":20eolykm said:
ivotuk":20eolykm said:

3-1 SEAHAWKS 1

Not sure how #4 isn't generous. You have Denver and Philly both at 4-0, and Philly is giving up less ppg, while Denver is forcing more turnovers on defense.

NE is a toss up, but they've been beating people with back up QBs and are getting Brady back. 3-1 as well and I honestly think it could be a coin flip between the two teams.

Do I think we'd be at the Patriots ? Right now, yea, because our 2nd and 3rd CB's are better than when we last faced them, and our pass rush is better, plus I think we'd run on them. But it's not offending to me.

Ive long lost the ability to get offended by power rankings. The Minnesota Vikings fans tho, are another story. REading through the comment section of the espn rankings!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
That Vikes defense is legit. They will not be an easy out if Bradford continues playing the way he has been playing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":36z85oen said:
Ive long lost the ability to get offended by power rankings. The Minnesota Vikings fans tho, are another story. REading through the comment section of the espn rankings!

Isn't that how we were 4-5 years ago when we were the up and coming team looking for respect?

Don't get me wrong, there are still usually 2-3 "OMG SOMEONE'S DISRESPECTING US GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!" threads on the first page here every day..............but that's what Minnesota fans are this year, pissed off and crying foul with every perceived slight.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rnrq21b said:
gowazzu02":2rnrq21b said:

Isn't that how we were 4-5 years ago when we were the up and coming team looking for respect?

Don't get me wrong, there are still usually 2-3 "OMG SOMEONE'S DISRESPECTING US GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!" threads on the first page here every day..............but that's what Minnesota fans are this year, pissed off and crying foul with every perceived slight.

Yup exactly what I was thinking reading through there.

A

Anonymous

The stat I particularly like is that opponents scoring stat.

It feels pretty good to have given up the least points at the end of a season, let alone going into the bye. With Dougie starting off so well and an emerging Jimmy, I like being thought of as the #2 or even #4.

With so many teams at 1-3 right now, it's fun to know our team isn't as difficult to rank. Last year, we were all over the place at this stage.