Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Continued Disrespect of our WR corps...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Continued Disrespect of our WR corps...
Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:37 am
  • From ESPN's Rich Cimini "The pass defense: It would be unfair to single out Pryor because this was a total breakdown. The Jets allowed six completions of at least 20 yards, letting a hobbled Russell Wilson pick them apart. The Seahawks have a terrific tight end, Jimmy Graham, but their receiving corps is pedestrian. No matter. They amassed 309 yards because of coverage breakdowns by the Jets, who left receivers uncovered throughout the game. It happens week after week. Darrelle Revis was the lightning rod for the early season struggles of the secondary, but this goes beyond Revis. They've gone two straight games without an interception and -- get this -- they've had their hands on only two passes in the last two games. That's right, only two pass breakups. We call that poor coverage.

:sarcasm_on: I wonder when our WR will make plays instead of the defense just failing at their jobs... :sarcasm_off:

Hope Doug sees this article.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• No sweat. Our "pedestrian" WR corps will walk into the the SB this year. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• CHawkTailGator wrote:From ESPN's Rich Cimini "The pass defense: It would be unfair to single out Pryor because this was a total breakdown. The Jets allowed six completions of at least 20 yards, letting a hobbled Russell Wilson pick them apart. The Seahawks have a terrific tight end, Jimmy Graham, but their receiving corps is pedestrian. No matter. They amassed 309 yards because of coverage breakdowns by the Jets, who left receivers uncovered throughout the game. It happens week after week. Darrelle Revis was the lightning rod for the early season struggles of the secondary, but this goes beyond Revis. They've gone two straight games without an interception and -- get this -- they've had their hands on only two passes in the last two games. That's right, only two pass breakups. We call that poor coverage.

:sarcasm_on: I wonder when our WR will make plays instead of the defense just failing at their jobs... :sarcasm_off:

Hope Doug sees this article.

I'm actually laughing hysterically. Didn't we move past this "pedestrian" label years ago? This WR core has continued to shut the doubters up. Oh well, last time we had people unnecessarily belittle us, we won a Super Bowl. Fine by me.

Writers will never learn.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

• ...and I have even bigger news. The entire team is pedestrian the moment they stepped off the bus.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I love critical articles with disclaimers.

"Well the Seahawks OTHER than Jimmy Graham............."

"Well if you take away Wilson's running ability THEN................"

Sorry idiot writers, you can't remove one or more of the parts to prove your opinion of the whole. That's critical writing 101.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seymour wrote:...and I have even bigger news. The entire team is pedestrian the moment they stepped off the bus.

Seattle should stick that sign on the team bus. And on the entrance to the locker room at home.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• These writers are so unprofessional. It's like someone just hands out jobs to writers and don't require them to do any actual research. If any of these guys that rank on the Seahawks receivers watched the games like all of us do, they couldn't possibly write this crap. It's bs, and they need to be called out on their lazy, sloppy, ignorant writing. They have no idea what they're talking about, and I'm pretty sure that they are just haters that let that hate interfere with what should be unbiased reporting. It makes them look like complete morons when they just ignore the stats, and the stuff that's not reflected in the stats. The Seahawks have a competent aerial attack. Period. And it starts with Russell frickin' Wilson. Look him up, idiots.
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

And the media will just keep on.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• West TX Hawk wrote:I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

That "artificial noise" one really bugs me. Completely cleared by the NFL, but yet, that BS never dies. If it's bad press about the Seahawks to our haters, it doesn't matter... it's true. They pump it in man. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Paul Allen PURPOSLY DESIGNING THE STADIUM THAT WAY, HUH??? The Vikings took that and ran with it with their new stadium. To the point to where they could maybe beat that stupid sound record that the Chiefs cheated on with their stupid "Ok, get LOUD!!!!" measurement, which we didn't do. We took our readings off of recording of actual gameplay. I'll have no problem with the Vike's fans breaking the record if they ever do it. Their management actually grew a brain and took the blueprint of CenturyLink and used it to their teams advantage. Good on them. Don't like it, but kudos to them for figuring it out! So stupid nowadays to NOT design a stadium that doesn't reflect sound on the field. It's PROVEN to give a marked advantage to the home team. Yeah, I wish they hadn't figured that out, but you still need the FANS to participate... Which seems to be the Achilles heel of other teams fans.... Getting them to coordinate. How did we achieve that? Being the kids of Kingdome or Husky Stadium parents? WTF?
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• How funny, and here I was thinking I can't remember a time when our wr corps was this deep across the board. I mean Richardson is our #4 and there's no telling how good he can be.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• If you don't have divas like Dez and OBJ then they are called "pedestrian". That's media speak for dudes that come to work everyday, bust their butt mastering their craft and execute on game day. I'll take pedestrian every time.
    HawkerD
    NET Starter

• This feels like a pundit wanting to get more clicks by pissing off the 12s.
    Yxes1122
    NET Rookie

• Bowles‘ post-game narrative was "they didnt beat us, we beat ouselves." So, this is no surprise. Keep the disrespect coming.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• Tanner McEvoy is a our version of Jordy Nelson.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/02 ... -nfl-catch
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• The article isn't wrong, exactly.

That might have been the worst performance by a DB group I've seen since our own group featured Brian Russell and Kelly Jennings. It was comically awful. Did no Jets coach glance at the tape and tell their backs that Wilson and his receivers practice their redline throws like a singer practices his voice? It's like 70% of their game. But these backs were't playing the ball, weren't trying to get outside leverage, bit as a group on presnap motions, had evidently never heard of the flat, and on more than one occasion got caught staring into the backfield like rookies. I really was reminded of Jennings.

Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy ARE pedestrian. So is a hobbled Tyler Lockett. Jermaine Kearse and Paul Richardson are overachievers - they play a role, they've played long enough to get very experienced thanks to Wilson, and they have a clutch gene, but they aren't close to being world-beaters in their own right. Christine Michael is still new, so the writer can get away with ignoring him. Where he did screw up, of course, was Doug, whom everyone else can see has become the most dangerous slot receiver in the league.

Besides...undisguised bias is a holy tradition in the New England media, like throwing fish at Pike Place. Their readers expect it, and they write in and gripe when they don't get it. We don't play those teams often enough to get used to it, but it's definitely a thing.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:The article isn't wrong, exactly.

That might have been the worst performance by a DB group I've seen since our own group featured Brian Russell and Kelly Jennings. It was comically awful. Did no Jets coach glance at the tape and tell their backs that Wilson and his receivers practice their redline throws like a singer practices his voice? It's like 70% of their game. But these backs were't playing the ball, weren't trying to get outside leverage, bit as a group on presnap motions, had evidently never heard of the flat, and on more than one occasion got caught staring into the backfield like rookies. I really was reminded of Jennings.

Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy ARE pedestrian. So is a hobbled Tyler Lockett. Jermaine Kearse and Paul Richardson are overachievers - they play a role, they've played long enough to get very experienced thanks to Wilson, and they have a clutch gene, but they aren't close to being world-beaters in their own right. Christine Michael is still new, so the writer can get away with ignoring him. Where he did screw up, of course, was Doug, whom everyone else can see has become the most dangerous slot receiver in the league.

Besides...undisguised bias is a holy tradition in the New England media, like throwing fish at Pike Place. Their readers expect it, and they write in and gripe when they don't get it. We don't play those teams often enough to get used to it, but it's definitely a thing.

New England is not New York metro area.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• I do believe you'd get your ass beat in New York for saying it is part of New England.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• bmorepunk wrote:I do believe you'd get your ass beat in New York for saying it is part of New England.

Their media is still just as bad.

LOL, work on a post for ten minutes and this is what people notice. Ah well.
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Now you've gotten my wife pissed off and she's from Boston. I would advise that you take that back before you get a butt kicking from people from New York and Boston.
    rigelian
    NET Starter

Great post, enjoyed it :)
    LeftHandSmoke
    NET Veteran

• People from New York and Boston get beat up too. Just sayin.
    Go Hawks.
    Sealake80
    NET Veteran

• Baldwin is hardly "pedestrian", so whatever. However, the lack of respect shown by the national media because the Hawks don't have a Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, or some other Diva WR means little when the Seahwks WRs are playing well as group and the Hawks are winning.

The Seahawks have always spread the ball around in Bevell's O thus the WRs have lower numbers here. Does it really matter in the long run if the players are on a winning team and positively contribute to winning? I'd bet my shirt the Golden Tate would be extraordinarily pleased to return to Seattle even though he'd likly hacve lower stats here than in Detroit as would many of the Divas from other teams.

Besides, just exactly who is it from the national media that are disrespecting our WRs, and does their opinion really amount to anything of significance?
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Tanner McEvoy IS NOT pedestrian as a wide receiver.

Someone please show me anything quantifiable to prove otherwise. If you can't back it up with some numbers, if your claim can't be measured, than it is opinion. Nothing but opinion.

Only when his play is demonstrated by measurable evidence to be pedestrian, will I call him pedestrian. So far, he has demonstrated some "Jordy Nelson type" traits. Far from pedestrian. His career stats say so.

Too small of a sample size?

Exactly. Too small of a sample size to be labeled pedestrian either. He could be the next great UDFA superstar. I remember how Steve Largent started out. No one knows enough to declare anything definitive about Tanner.

What perturbs me is that our own fans "attach" such labels, without being patient for proper evaluation, and then wonder why the national pundits abide by these labels.

WE......are the reason our receivers are called pedestrian, because early in their careers, we declared them so. We.....thought Andrew Luck had the brighter future. We....thought RGIII deserved rookie of the year. We......believe that neither Shaun Alexander or Marshawn Lynch deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. I have read all that stuff here with supporting agreement abound.

It is about time WE stopped bitching about what the national pundits say because We encourage the behavior.
    Last edited by Mick063 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:
    Mick063 wrote:Tanner McEvoy is a our version of Jordy Nelson.

Yup, because he's white.

Doesn't matter they are completely different players.

Prove it to me. That they are completely different players. Give me the evidence.

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Mick063 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:
    Mick063 wrote:Tanner McEvoy is a our version of Jordy Nelson.

Yup, because he's white.

Doesn't matter they are completely different players.

Prove it to me. That they are completely different players. Give me the evidence.

and Prove it to me with evidence other than skin color. Not much to go on with Tanner obviously, but....

They are both pretty big, but Tanner is much bigger and not near as fast. Jordy is a quick twitch state 100 meter champ who will beat you with his quickness and speed.

Better comp for Tanner is Kelvin Benjamin, All corners can run with Benjamin and Tanner, Their size is how they beat and will beat corners
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Someone tweet that to doug.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Oh, Debbie.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:I do believe you'd get your ass beat in New York for saying it is part of New England.

Their media is still just as bad.

LOL, work on a post for ten minutes and this is what people notice. Ah well.

Eh, I read the post as part of that patented New Eng... uh... New York hyperbole their readers crave fortnightly.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• BlueThunder wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

The Vikings took that and ran with it with their new stadium. To the point to where they could maybe beat that stupid sound record that the Chiefs cheated on with their stupid "Ok, get LOUD!!!!" measurement, which we didn't do. We took our readings off of recording of actual gameplay. I'll have no problem with the Vike's fans breaking the record if they ever do it.

They could never break the Chiefs record because their stadium (Vikings) is an indoor stadium, the record is for outdoor stadiums
    Jayburd14
    NET Starter

• I was thinking of making one of these, but this may be better.

jdemps
    NET Veteran

Location: SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of Hawk homerism

• Jayburd14 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:I'm just so surprised as to how these false narratives keep lingering in the media and non-Hawk fans for years, i.e. "Wilson's not a pocket passer," "Poor receiving corp," "Wilson has won only because of the Hawks' defense," "Their stadium is loud because they artificially pump noise in" and the one that's completely nonsensical and befuddling "Pete the Cheat."

The Vikings took that and ran with it with their new stadium. To the point to where they could maybe beat that stupid sound record that the Chiefs cheated on with their stupid "Ok, get LOUD!!!!" measurement, which we didn't do. We took our readings off of recording of actual gameplay. I'll have no problem with the Vike's fans breaking the record if they ever do it.

They could never break the Chiefs record because their stadium (Vikings) is an indoor stadium, the record is for outdoor stadiums

Who cares about the noise record????? Seriously!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

• Goes to show how much stock people put into fantasy football.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

• I love our receivers. They catch everything. Remember the Holmgren era? How many drive killing drops did they have?
    Baldwin is a stud in the mold of Largent. He seems to make plays when we need them most. Kearse just makes the big play in the big spot....yawn.
    Boohman14
    NET Bench Warmer

• Boohman14 wrote:I love our receivers. They catch everything. Remember the Holmgren era? How many drive killing drops did they have?
    Baldwin is a stud in the mold of Largent. He seems to make plays when we need them most. Kearse just makes the big play in the big spot....yawn.

Basic philosophy. Under Holmgren they knew we were throwing 35-40 times a game. A drop here or there doesn't seem like a big deal. Under Pete, a given receiver may only get a couple of targets a game. You drop something and there may not be many more chances until you prove you can be trusted. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I don't really have any problem with what Cimini wrote. Baldwin is a great WR. Buf ater that, we don't have a lot, especially with Locket playing hurt. PRich is so hit and miss. Kearse is Kearse. So other than Baldwin, yes we are pedestrian. But we can get away with a "pedestrian" WR corps because we have a top 3 defense, a top 5 QB, and a great running game.

If you include Graham in the WR corps, then Cimini is wrong. Graham and Baldwin are as good as any other teams top two pass catchers.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Boohman14 wrote:I love our receivers. They catch everything. Remember the Holmgren era? How many drive killing drops did they have?

You "get it".

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:I don't really have any problem with what Cimini wrote. Baldwin is a great WR. Buf ater that, we don't have a lot, especially with Locket playing hurt. PRich is so hit and miss. Kearse is Kearse. So other than Baldwin, yes we are pedestrian. But we can get away with a "pedestrian" WR corps because we have a top 3 defense, a top 5 QB, and a great running game.

If you include Graham in the WR corps, then Cimini is wrong. Graham and Baldwin are as good as any other teams top two pass catchers.

Nice contradiction.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• True respect is earned not given but another cliche says that "you get what you pay for".

In that sense I would think our guys as a group do consistently out preform their pay.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information