Justin Britt is a good center

seabowl

Reaction score
What a job Cable has done with Britt. Here was a guy that was literally on his last legs with us and now looks like he'll be the center for the future. Good snaps and naturally fitting into the position. Well done Cable and of course JB.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I always liked Britt and have wanted him to succeed. This is only his 3rd year and he is 25. He has looked pretty solid at center and hopefully he will become the anchor of the O-Line for years to come.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yes, very impressed with Britt so far. Thought the move to center was going to be a disaster. Glad to be pleasantly surprised so far.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Had that Max Unger vibe from him, both were 2nd round draft played multiple positions before establishing as a center. We won a SB with Unger, definitely could again with Britt. GoHawks!

cover-2

Reaction score
I specifically watched Glow, Britt, and Ifedi....Britt was the best of the o-lineman today. If Britt continues to play the way he did today, against the Jets D-line which is the best collection of DT's in the NFL, then we have our first core player on the o-line. I can't imagine there being 5 better OC in the NFL than the way Britt played today. Britt was holding his ground in pass pro, did great in combo blocks, was effective in cut blocks, and found someone to hit when assigned to get to the second level. Britt was a stud today!!!

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Brit has found a home, and our two guards looked fine also, but good god man LT really sucks

At least they played well enough as a group to actually form a pocket for RW. He was able to stand in and throw the ball. Probably the most consistant pocket I have ever seen for RW-

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2whw7qq6 said:
Why did we have to go and trade Unger for Graham?!?

because they were not going to extend Unger, just like they did not extend Okung, Sweezy or Giacomini.

Everybody in the NFL "knows" that you have to build from the line out, This knowledge has made Oline players cost a significant premium, with some teams spending 40m plus on their Oline.

The seahawks are bucking this trend, they are spending 10m on their Oline and putting those 30m into other positions that they view as better value.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I was concerned about Britt after this past season and was a proponent of bringing Lewis back....More importantly, if you fast forward, Schneider has one job the next two drafts.....come up with a left tackle and a right tackle in the draft early in each of the next two years....you don't need to force it in one draft, you still want to stay true to finding another unique player, but whatever road grater that they can find and place next to the guards would be perfect....that would eliminate pretty much any fears about what the offense can do going forward, because with Spiller and the skill position pieces in place, you are set.

Glowinski just needs to keep developing and things can be pretty scary for our opponents.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":3vagv4tq said:
I was concerned about Britt after this past season and was a proponent of bringing Lewis back....More importantly, if you fast forward, Schneider has one job the next two drafts.....come up with a left tackle and a right tackle in the draft early in each of the next two years....you don't need to force it in one draft, you still want to stay true to finding another unique player, but whatever road grater that they can find and place next to the guards would be perfect....that would eliminate pretty much any fears about what the offense can do going forward, because with Spiller and the skill position pieces in place, you are set.

Glowinski just needs to keep developing and things can be pretty scary for our opponents.

You figure, Ifedi will be going to LT next season.
I believe they really like the other guard they drafted so.. really I think they think their OL is set for a couple of years.

Fade

Reaction score
The plan for Ifedi when he was drafted was to start him at RG, then move him to RT. I don't think they will move him though.

Britt is good. Joey Hunt is intriguing, the highest rated rookie in the pre-season. http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/8/21...f-highest-graded-rookie-center-preseason-2016

It's a shame he won't get an opportunity for a while, if ever with the Seahawks. (He needs Britt to get hurt to see the field.)

The O-Line will be fine long term. LT is the only glaring need. RT would be a nice bonus.

The O-Line will be cheap for a while.

Starters
Glow 3 yrs
Britt 2 yrs
Ifedi 4 yrs + 1 yr team option

Long Term Backups / Potential Future Starters
Joey Hunt 4 yrs
Odhiambo 4 yrs
George Fant 4 yrs

Stop Gaps
Gilliam 1 yr + 1 yr RFA
Webb 2 yrs
Sowell 1 yr

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Russ actually had a pocket to step into, and did just that! Go figger! :)

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I read an article somewhere saying that J.R. Sweezy was bad for Britt. That Sweezy's preference for alpha-male dominance rather than good technique was getting into Britt's head or some such. Can't find it now.

titan3131

Reaction score
Bobblehead":5s0su0xb said:
NewJerseyHawk":5s0su0xb said:

You figure, Ifedi will be going to LT next season.
I believe they really like the other guard they drafted so.. really I think they think their OL is set for a couple of years.

If there is a Lt on the current roster it iss George Fant. Ifedi will be Rg/RT never left.

peppersjap

Reaction score
A highlight of the game for me was a 3rd down run by Michael for a 1st down where Britt blew up the guy he was facing. We usually don't start feeling anything good from our line until half way through the season but they have looked pretty solid the last 2 weeks. Loved having Ifedi back! I think we are ahead of schedule!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":2y19ys3q said:
Kennedyin92":2y19ys3q said:
Why did we have to go and trade Unger for Graham?!?

because they were not going to extend Unger, just like they did not extend Okung, Sweezy or Giacomini.

Everybody in the NFL "knows" that you have to build from the line out, This knowledge has made Oline players cost a significant premium, with some teams spending 40m plus on their Oline.

The seahawks are bucking this trend, they are spending 10m on their Oline and putting those 30m into other positions that they view as better value.

The op question was definately satirical rhetoric.

LOM.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
peppersjap":30ulgi8u said:
A highlight of the game for me was a 3rd down run by Michael for a 1st down where Britt blew up the guy he was facing. We usually don't start feeling anything good from our line until half way through the season but they have looked pretty solid the last 2 weeks. Loved having Ifedi back! I think we are ahead of schedule!
Yup, and let me add that we haven't had a C as Stout as Britt for 15+ years. Longer than I can remember for sure! Maybe Hawkstorian or another old-timer might recall if we've ever had anyone at C with equal physicality.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk