Bennett held with no call

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pretty much holding on every play in the second half of the fourth quarter. Not just Bennett

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's bullshit. I hope Pete brings this up with the league. Zero integrity with nfl referees.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He was getting held all game. Still waiting to hear the league to admit to the crapshow their zebras had in LA last week.
All I hear is crickets.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Funny tweet/quote

--
#Seahawks DE Michael Bennett on challenge of facing Blaine Gabbert: “There is no challenge. He threw for 100 yards.” #49ers
--

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bennett gets held a lot...and I can't remember that last time the Ref's called somebody for it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maybe if he actually wore real shoulder pads instead of those Hutch specials he wears now, the officials might notice when he's getting held up high.

Bennett's shoulder pads:

S l300

ivotuk

Reaction score
I saw some "highlights" from the Philly Pittsburgh game, and the Philly DL was going around the right side of the stealers center, who had his right arm across the guys throat, hand inside the shoulder pad, BLATANT hold as the camera was looking over Rapistberger's right shoulder and watching him throw. It was absolutely ridiculous!

How can the NFL or the Referees expect fans to "Respect a Corrupt Shield" when the Referees have zero integrity, and the NFL does nothing about it?

"The game was over": is NOT an excuse to overlook penalties. Why? Because then the team that is behind KNOWS this, so they break the rules, knowing they will get away with it.

And one of these days, someone on the Defense of the winning team is going to get seriously hurt!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I'm fine with "no calls", just frustrated that we never seem to get them. Some of the ticky tack stuff they call is infuriating.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Bennet is held on most passing plays. Mebane was too, for years. The only time those sorts of interior holds are called in the Hawks' favor is if they are actually pulled to the ground.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":23hrsus7 said:
I'm fine with "no calls", just frustrated that we never seem to get them. Some of the ticky tack stuff they call is infuriating.

Sherman grabs and holds all the time, but he's Richard Sherman so the refs give him the benefit of the doubt..........cause he's earned it.

As biased fans we just see when the Hawks get screwed. To think otherwise means the refs have an agenda? That's crazy talk.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I wonder if the NFL relaxed the enforcement of holding a bit because offensive lineman are supposedly not as good anymore due to most colleges running spread offenses? I don't know...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":1rtimsva said:
Bennet is held on most passing plays. Mebane was too, for years. The only time those sorts of interior holds are called in the Hawks' favor is if they are actually pulled to the ground.

Sounds like they need to start falling down easier.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3tszenqd said:
I wonder if the NFL relaxed the enforcement of holding a bit because offensive lineman are supposedly not as good anymore due to most colleges running spread offenses? I don't know...

The holding rules are pretty specific, once the lineman's arms are extended outside the shoulder pads and he doesn't let go the refs can call holding.

Now I'm sure there's some gray area as to when they call it.............since they could literally call holding on every play. I'm sure if it's directly related to the run or pass play, i.e. Luke Willson held a dude and Michael ran for 12 yards right past that guy.

On Bennett's play? I saw a mountain of an offensive lineman, #77 grab Bennett inside the pads and drive him halfway to China.

Osprey

Reaction score
Offensive / QB driven league. More holds equals fewer hits, less injuries, more scoring, etc.

That said, I do think the pendulum has swung too far and even the casual NFL fan is noticing the blatant holds. I've noticed the networks have become very selective about their replays if it highlights the issue.

chris98251

Reaction score
Squeak wheel gets the grease, these are issues that Pete needs to bring up, Bennett can't during the game or he is just whining and his demeanor may get him a unsportsmanlike call, also many teams coach a player how to lets say flop or get visible when held, I don't think we do that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":16j2y5c4 said:
Squeak wheel gets the grease, these are issues that Pete needs to bring up, Bennett can't during the game or he is just whining and his demeanor may get him a unsportsmanlike call, also many teams coach a player how to lets say flop or get visible when held, I don't think we do that.

Pete's always answering questions in his pressers about speaking to the league offices and officials about calls and league procedures. Like getting clarifications about our OTA violations and clarification on Kearse's offensive PI he freaked out about.

So it sounds like we do it, early and often.