All Kidding Aside...Would You Fire Bevell?

All Kidding Aside...Would You Fire Bevell?

• Absolutely.

Votes: 82 43.9%
  • You know what? Yes, I think I would.

Votes: 45 24.1%
  • Hmmmm. I am not sure. I think he's the obvious scapegoat at times.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I don't think so. We can't blame everything on Bevell.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Not at all. He's actually a much better OC than we give him credit for.

Votes: 18 9.6%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Simple question. And no, not a knee jerk question from today's outcome alone.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I would not fire him. He's proven that he can put together a really good offense which overcomes what is consistently one of the worst o'lines in the league.

We 'll make adjustments and end up with a good offense once again. There's no doubt in my mind.

Rob12

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't. But if I was Pete, I'd be having some very direct discussions with him.

I just don't think there's an upgrade out there in Week 2 of the NFL season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I voted "absolutely" because there has to be an official accountability for the direction of the offense. With the immense offensive talent the Hawks have, the scheme, player utilization and situational play calling have all been called into question. It is not without precedent for teams to fire a coordinator during the season and still regroup and recover. In '12 the Ravens fired their OC late in the season and still won it all.

Personally I would've had his contract terminated following the Atlanta playoff loss 4 years ago but at minimum following 49. Instead the message sent to the players is always compete, unless you're a coach and you automatically have lifetime tenure.

Carroll's befuddling coaching loyalty is playing havoc and a new direction is needed to capture this offense's true potential. We can simply do better.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Yes

Cable too

Could be the same type of time, running, play action etc. but with creativity and actual scheming

onepicknick

Reaction score
I would of fired him two years ago. For one I don't know who makes all the decisions on QB's or receivers if he has any input at all but when we traded for Harvin and Jackson and Flynn, it makes me wonder who had the insight on these guy's was this all FO.

I really was hoping he would become a HC for someone else like the Rams or 49er's LOL.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":72sy8fbw said:
I voted "absolutely" because there has to be an official accountability for the direction of the offense. With the immense offensive talent the Hawks have, the scheme, player utilization and situational play calling have all been called into question.

Other than Russell Wilson (who was at about 50% of his normal self) what immense offensive talent? We have a bunch of guys who nobody else in the league wanted. I'm no Darrell Bevell fan, but it could be argued he does more with less than most of the coaches in the league.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mjymqdk said:
West TX Hawk":1mjymqdk said:
I voted "absolutely" because there has to be an official accountability for the direction of the offense. With the immense offensive talent the Hawks have, the scheme, player utilization and situational play calling have all been called into question.

What immense offensive talent? We have a bunch of guys who nobody else in the league wanted.

Wilson, Baldwin, Lockett, Graham et. al. I'm not talking about the line.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Voted Not Sure. Pete has to take some responsibility, too. After all he is the boss. He can tell Bevell how he wants the game called and if he wants things adjusted.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2m8tepcl said:
JSeahawks":2m8tepcl said:
West TX Hawk":2m8tepcl said:

What immense offensive talent? We have a bunch of guys who nobody else in the league wanted.

Wilson yes. Baldwin is a good slot receiver, but he'll never be confused with Fitz, AJ Green, Julio Jones, etc. Lockett... not yet. Graham, maybe preinjury, we dont know what he is right now.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":386hv5re said:
West TX Hawk":386hv5re said:
JSeahawks":386hv5re said:
West TX Hawk":386hv5re said:

Wilson yes. Baldwin is a good slot receiver, but he'll never be confused with Fitz, AJ Green, Julio Jones, etc. Lockett... not yet. Graham, maybe preinjury, we dont know what he is right now.

IMO NFL caliber OCs could do a lot with the weapons we do have right now. Many existing OCs would love to have a trips set with Baldwin, Lockett and Richardson and Graham on the other side.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Yes and Cable . There's no Offensive identity now that Lynch is gone and someone needs to let Pete know Wilson needs a big time WR out there a new OC might do that.. What we have is good Very good with Baldwin. Tyler is a nice piece but he's not a game changer and Kearse is average at best. Hopefully Procise can get healthy and help us. Graham is a waste of money the way they use him . Earl has been awful to straight weeks we have some serious problems. Rawls might not be as good this year so . Sorry I can't be more positive this week.

kf3339

Reaction score
I voted "Yes, I think I would".

At some point someone has to be held accountable for this type of offensive lack of production. We are now into the 7th year of PC and I believe 5th (?) year of Bevell. Wouldn't you think by now that we should be able to field a credible NFL offense on a weekly basis? I mean, common on already.

The holes on this offense and the excuses we hear from PC, DB, TC and company just don't hold any water or truth anymore. And the excuses and apologist on this board sometimes are just as bad to read on a regular basis.

If it Isn't the line play, it's the playcalling. If it Isn't the personnel packages, it's the timid nature of some offensive players themselves. But mostly it's the undeniable fact that this team never wants to be aggressive out the gate and dominate in the first half.

AT ALL!

NEVER!

For the life of me I can't see how Paul Allen doesn't see this as well. I do understand that he isn't really a football guy and bought the team only as a favor to the city. But you would have to be a blind man or dead not to see this crap in front of your eyes. Last I heard he is neither of these, so I just don't get it.

PS: I don't want to hear about the Super Bowl's or what happened two or more years ago. I live in the here and now; not the past.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's not going to happen ... and shouldn't happen. We'll get it back together and Bevell will play a big role in that.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":125p96aa said:
I would not fire him. He's proven that he can put together a really good offense which overcomes what is consistently one of the worst o'lines in the league.

We 'll make adjustments and end up with a good offense once again. There's no doubt in my mind.

He's not doing that Wilson is . Wilson is the only reason they didn't implode last year. That and Rawls played great football until the injury and so far this year he hasn't been the same.