One of Bevell's worst called games ever.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Zero adjustment for Russell Wilson's injury. We still had long developing plays, and right when we got certain players going they were put on the bench. A good example of this is Graham in the two minute drill, and Micheal after a few big runs being benched in favor of Collins who proceeded to get negative yardage. Wilson was obviously having trouble driving the ball down the field with his bad ankle, his balls were floating, yet we kept looking for that big play. Graham spent all game on the sideline or blocking when our receivers were having trouble getting separation. Against a defense like the Rams and a hobbled Wilson the more conventional approach would be a WCO style of attack. Instead we continued on with the status quo, ignoring the obvious.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Looked about on par with 75% of his games to me.

mistaowen

Reaction score
We had a whole week to gameplan a less mobile RW offense and that's what we come out with. I don't care it's a division game, you don't go out and score 3 total points against a sub .500 team. I realize mobility is a big part of his game, but this just cements what many of us say about Bevell - big plays generally come from Russell's backyard football. Our straight forward schemes are vanilla.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Rat":1cdotarp said:
Not much you can do with a hobbled Russ and a dreadful OL.

You can not run up the middle 4 times in a row with the last two with your 3rd string RB.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i love how we wait to use Graham only in 2 minute situations it seems like

pathetic. This game really pissed me off because Pete and Bevell have not learned how to coach against the rams yet

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Rat":122o4jko said:
Not much you can do with a hobbled Russ and a dreadful OL.
Yes there is, you scheme around it. You use quick passes, and misdirection plays to catch an aggressive defense off guard. The Rams were blitzing us to high hell, yet we kept running the same plays that we always do. Russell Wilson was having trouble driving the ball, yet we still kept insisting on those deep pass plays. We still used the read option, when everyone in that stadium knew that it was not a viable option. We need a methodical dink and dunk game plan, yet we continued to run our offense as if Wilson was healthy.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
How about a play action with a slant to a TE or receiver who lined up in the slot? Seemed to work for the Rams like 7 different times. But nooooooo instead hand the ball off up the middle 2 times in a row for losses then a low percentage 3rd and long passing play resulting in a punt. Genius. A monkey with a pair of drum sticks could have called a better game. What a freaking CLOWN

Own The West

Reaction score
There goes Seattle's string of 62 games with a lead...

Who is Alex Collins and why is he on the field in a nail biter?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":10irfff8 said:
How about a play action with a slant to a TE or receiver who lined up in the slot? Seemed to work for the Rams like 7 different times

We don't have a sure handed, 6'7'' tight end who can dominate the LOS.

well, at least that's what my friend darryl told me.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Optimus25":3lh24dvt said:
Seahaaaawks":3lh24dvt said:
How about a play action with a slant to a TE or receiver who lined up in the slot? Seemed to work for the Rams like 7 different times

True. Good punt I mean point.... Get it? Cause we punted so often? Anyway yah if only we have a 6'7" TE worth about 9 mil a year who has great hands....

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Seriously gets old seeing people defend him. I won't say much cuz I'm still steaming from the loss. We have offensive personnel with SOOO much potential, but a terrible OC that will not run to their strengths on a consistent basis. Someday, hopefully before we lose the pieces, everyone will get to see what this offense is capable of with an Offensive Coordinator that calls to our strengths. Only then, some people will finally realize how bad Bevell is.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":uzqv6ufp said:
Seriously gets old seeing people defend him. I won't say much cuz I'm still steaming from the loss. We have offensive personnel with SOOO much potential, but a terrible OC that will not run to their strengths on a consistent basis. Someday, hopefully before we lose the pieces, everyone will get to see what this offense is capable of with an Offensive Coordinator that calls to our strengths. Only then, some people will finally realize how bad Bevell is.

:ditto:

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":217zn2fo said:
Optimus25":217zn2fo said:
Seahaaaawks":217zn2fo said:

True. Good punt I mean point.... Get it? Cause we punted so often? Anyway yah if only we have a 6'7" TE worth about 9 mil a year who has great hands....
Who?

hangumhi

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while. I'm SO MAD. I must have texted friends a dozen times saying "someone please take Bevell from this team!" Not to pile on but seriously; call a damn screen or a tight few tight end ins behind ALL of the linebackers who were blitzing EVERY FREAKING DOWN!!!!! What an ignorant piece of GARBAGE!!!!! He kept calling long developing routes with one check down at most...SO EASY TO DEFEND!!! I've been harping on Bevell for years...I'm DONE!

I'm also done with Rishard. I'm so sick of "this is who we are and we don't adjust". We blitzed like twice all day. One time the rams picked it up and the other was a sack. Case Freaking Keenum beat us today! NO TURNOVERS! He had too much time to pass.

Do not; I repeat, DO NOT!! tell me that we have a terrible O line so there's nothing we can do on offense. There are a lot of O lines who look much better than they are because the quarterback averages two seconds to release (quick routes).

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Alex Collins up the gut twice was the end for me. I lost my mind.

Smellyman

Reaction score
no mis direction, no creativity, nothing. 90% of the run plays were between the tackles. Going to do nothing there. A couple of runs outside went for good gains, never went back. Just pound it between the tackles.

Barely even put people in motion. There was never a shot to go toe to toe with that D, but that's what he tried.