Turnovers

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Last year it seemed like the defense was not getting the turnovers like they did the previous couple years. There were none last week. I have heard Pete say that they tend to come in bunches. This team is way over due. I seriously don't remember the last time they had a pic 6. Was there one last year? I don't remember. Could Richard be playing the defense differently enough that the opportunities aren't as plentiful? Have teams figured out the defense to a certain extent so as to lessen the potential for turnovers? I just really want to see more of that ball hawking defense where ints, pic 6's, and forced fumbles come back in droves.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
It's cause offenses know the only way to beat this D is to dink and dunk, check down run check down run check down run.

They don't take chances.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Between the Dolpins game and the preseason games there have been a number of balls tipped at the line by Reed, Clark, Bennett and others. At least two during the preseason resulted in interceptions, most memorably the one by Robinson who returned it for a TD.

If we can stuff the Rams running game effectively enough then there's a reasonable chance at an INT off Keenum. The team that led in interceptions has won all 4 of the past Rams v Hawks games.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I know this doesn't have any merit, but it seems as soon as we got rid of Red Bryant, our run defense got a little softer and our turnovers declined.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
This is the biggest change in our defense the last few seasons.

Teams don't take risks like they used to. That is the big reason why you don't see a lot of picks. They have controlled passing and high percentage throws. They rarely dare to throw towards Sherman.

Much like defenses learned to try and keep Wilson in the pocket, offenses have learned how to attack this defense. The NFL is all about adjustments and tweaks.

For as much as Pete preaches getting the ball, it is disappointing they don't create more opportunities.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Throwing go routes at Sherman and chucking it back towards Thomas has pretty much come to an end. Those are high percentage interceptions.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This has been a huge concern for me. I do think that Seattle is formulaic about how they go about pass defense and that teams have wised up to where they can and can't attack us.

That said, this defense is still performing at an elite level. It's harder to threaten us vertically and that has resulted in good results as a team. Our tackling in the secondary is the best it's ever been. And we don't lose that advantage even going to nickel.

chris98251

Reaction score
We play more deep zone then man under Richard, your not going to get the amount of turnovers, you make tackles and try to strip versus interceptions. This is the same thing Bradley did.

253hawk

Reaction score
No pick-6 last year, but Irvin had two in 2014. Teams just aren't really throwing much against the secondary (unless they were roasting Cary Williams).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":onpotunw said:
When it comes to turnovers, I like raspberry the best.
Where do I find those? All I ever see is apple.

Agree with everyone that teams are taking far less chances with our secondary than they used to. Sure would like to see us get a couple this week though. Might really help negate their pass rush if we have a nice lead.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":22fz8kxs said:
This has been a huge concern for me. I do think that Seattle is formulaic about how they go about pass defense and that teams have wised up to where they can and can't attack us.

That said, this defense is still performing at an elite level. It's harder to threaten us vertically and that has resulted in good results as a team. Our tackling in the secondary is the best it's ever been. And we don't lose that advantage even going to nickel.

I love watching Richard Sherman tackle. He looks unreal doing it, like he shouldn't be able to do it so well but he uses magic to compensate.