Rawls will start this Sunday

ivotuk

Reaction score
No way!

Yes! Yes! It's likely that Rawls earned it more than Michael lost it. but..

Christine had his chance, and he blew it. He wasn't able to keep his focus on the game for the whole 60 minutes and now he's not starting. What a surprise, what a huge disappointment.

I think this is the best decision form a talent standpoint though, Thomas is far and away the better running back. :2thumbs:

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
So the two Rams LBs are walking across the field and they come to some tracks. The SLB says: "These look like dirt tracks." And the WLB says: "No they look like truck tracks." They argue and argue for a while and are still arguing when all of a sudden the Train hits them. Again.

Seymour

Reaction score
Said it before, and I'll say it again. Rawls, and it's not even close.
One fights, the other folds.

Congrats Thomas, now make us proud!!

StoneCold

Reaction score
I love Rawls and think thiis is a case where a player doesn't lose his starting job due to injury. I don't think Michaels performance lost him the starting job, he never had it. He was subbing, and doing a damn fine job, while Rawls recovered. I suspect they will both get opportunities Sunday.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ivotuk":17n78r4f said:
No way!

Christine had his chance, and he blew it. He wasn't able to keep his focus on the game for the whole 60 minutes and now he's not starting. What a surprise, what a huge disappointment.

I think this is the best decision form a talent standpoint though, Thomas is far and away the better running back. :2thumbs:

I assume your talking about the play that Michaels took a ball off the helmet? They discussed that in detail on kjr the other day. That was RUSSELS screw up not Michaels. Michaels was a blocker on that play, and he absolutely flat lined his dude. He wasn't look at the ball cause he was looking at the guy he blocked in case he needed to block him again.

Russel got flustered and tried to check down.

Now you could say Cmike could of blocked his guy and looked for a pass immediately after. And yes he could of, But then if the guy he kncoked down scrambles and gets back in the play (cause you know our qb tends to hold onto the ball) then we'd all kill him. or specifically his coachs would kill him for not sticking with an assignment.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2nc2w3p5 said:
So the two Rams LBs are walking across the field and they come to some tracks. The SLB says: "These look like dirt tracks." And the WLB says: "No they look like truck tracks." They argue and argue for a while and are still arguing when all of a sudden the Train hits them. Again.

I cannot tell a lie, I LOL'd :lol:

ivotuk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":4a5bzmvp said:
ivotuk":4a5bzmvp said:
No way!

I assume your talking about the play that Michaels took a ball off the helmet? They discussed that in detail on kjr the other day. That was RUSSELS screw up not Michaels. Michaels was a blocker on that play, and he absolutely flat lined his dude. He wasn't look at the ball cause he was looking at the guy he blocked in case he needed to block him again.

Now you could say Cmike could of blocked his guy and looked for a pass immediately after. And yes he could of, But then if the guy he kncoked down scrambles and gets back in the play (cause you know our qb tends to hold onto the ball) then we'd all kill him. or specifically his coachs would kill him for not sticking with an assignment.

And 710 said just the opposite of KJR, so there you have it. But this isn't the thread for that. I'm just glad Rawls is starting. Much better RB, much better all the way around.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":1cskg59d said:
I love Rawls and think thiis is a case where a player doesn't lose his starting job due to injury. I don't think Michaels performance lost him the starting job, he never had it. He was subbing, and doing a damn fine job, while Rawls recovered. I suspect they will both get opportunities Sunday.

Exactly. And I don't get why so many don't seem to understand that was the situation. Rawls lead the entire NFL in rushing during the period of 7 games he got his shot prior to injury! What more does a guy have to do for "fans" to get behind this guy?

sutz

Reaction score
StoneCold":3t34dsl8 said:
This ^ ^ ^ IMHO. They were always looking for a stable of backs that could be used situationally. I don't think Pete wants to run one guy 30 times a game. So, I could see the ratio could be 25/15 R/CM. And throw in some action for Prosise, too. They don't want to over use any of them.

dogorama

Reaction score
gowazzu02":13htwbz1 said:
ivotuk":13htwbz1 said:
No way!

I don't want to dispute what anyone has said but this sounds more reasonable to me.

Stone Cold wrote:

Good post and I think you nailed it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":rtffadvd said:
StoneCold":rtffadvd said:

Exactly. And I don't get why so many don't seem to understand that was the situation. Rawls lead the entire NFL in rushing during the period of 7 games he got his shot prior to injury! What more does a guy have to do for "fans" to get behind this guy?

I'm completely behind Rawls, but I'm also completely behind Michael. Christine is not the brightest, based on his interviews and his early play, but he is working his tail off to be more focused and he has become my favorite underdog player. Love his story arc and hope he makes the best of it. I won't be surprised if they both rip off 30 yard plus runs Sunday.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
StoneCold":2agiuo3k said:
Seymour":2agiuo3k said:
StoneCold":2agiuo3k said:

I'm completely behind Rawls, but I'm also completely behind Michael. Christine is not the brightest, based on his interviews and his early play, but he is working his tail off to be more focused and he has become my favorite underdog player. Love his story arc and hope he makes the best of it. I won't be surprised if they both rip off 30 yard plus runs Sunday.
+1

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Michael was very sufficient and served his purpose. Rawls seems to be ready to retake the reins and resume his spot as main back on the depth chart. Michael still has a role to play and hopefully can continue to run with authority when called upon to spell Rawls when needed.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
StoneCold":2v1tgtv0 said:
Seymour":2v1tgtv0 said:
StoneCold":2v1tgtv0 said:

Wow....Sounds like a Team effort here. You the man. Great post.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
ivotuk":i9jzemp1 said:
No way!

CM was a huge disappointment? 4.4 YPC ain't bad in week one. I feel like people want to continue the narrative, but he has looked solid lately. I'm all for Rawls, but CMike has looked fine.

sutz

Reaction score
Clayfighter":ndhafhdh said:
ivotuk":ndhafhdh said:
No way!

CM was a huge disappointment? 4.4 YPC ain't bad in week one. I feel like people want to continue the narrative, but he has looked solid lately. I'm all for Rawls, but CMike has looked fine.
This. :ditto:

Smellyman

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1rj0m5ei said:
ivotuk":1rj0m5ei said:
No way!

Haha. Proof to not listen to KJR. RW was drilled, hammered, buried and threw to an open eligible receiver who was admiring his block.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
That 4.4 YPC stat would have been even better had the late 'illegal motion' whistle not happened, after he'd broken one for about 16 yards.