Russell's turnovers

getnasty

Reaction score
Very unRussell like, he usually never forces anything but those two were ugly.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have never seen Wilson throw a pick by just throwing it up for grabs before. Normally you write it off to the defender making a great play. Today, any safety in the league could have easily made that pick.

More bad than good comes when he tries to extend plays over, and over, and over again. It is fine once in a great while, but when he habitually goes off script on every passing down, the offense becomes totally dysfunctional.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Russell said he had CJ running up the sideline, thought he had him open and just let it rip, ending up being a bad throw. I think he does it at least twice a year, luckily it's early in the year to make the mistake and we still won the game.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The int was a poor decision especially on 3rd and long but the fumble looked like it was caused by Britt stepping on his foot. Doesn't worry me much.

sutz

Reaction score
Not the first time he threw a bad pass, probably won't be the last. ;)

The fumble? Our OL got owned on that one, and forced our guy back into Russ so he couldn't execute the handoff. Wilson should have just eaten the ball and gone down instead of trying to force the handoff.

Learning experiences. :)

stack55

Reaction score
It was the first game. I bet Rusell won't throw another pass like
That again for a long time. I could tell Carol wasn't happy with it
Either. Glad to see Jimmy back on the field. He will play more every
Week. He said the knee was healed, he just needed to get his
Head healed.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Didn't care for the pick, the fumble was after he was hurt and the play was just busted hard to put that on Russ too much.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2e55vpcg said:
The int was a poor decision especially on 3rd and long but the fumble looked like it was caused by Britt stepping on his foot. Doesn't worry me much.

I was actually Glowinski getting owned and pushed back into Russ, who tripped over his leg. Wilson probably shoud've ate that ball, but I can see where he was going with that; he was already injured and having a hard time passing the ball. He probably didn't want to to surrender any plays at that point, knowing he was having a hard time pushing the ball down the field.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3fwt6f3a said:
This. The interception was a horrible decision. A QB in his 5th year simply can't make that throw. Period.

Fumble was definitely an attempt to keep play going when he should have eaten the ball after he got his foot stepped on. However, that was a split second thing and not something I'm going to fault him terribly for.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Even good QBs have their "what the heck was that" moment

[youtube]CqY6XGz90H0[/youtube]

Vesuve

Reaction score
Mick063":rkt4qf3v said:
I have never seen Wilson throw a pick by just throwing it up for grabs before.

Neither have I, and I was surprised.

Mental error I suppose?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Miscommunication with Prosise, thought Prosise was going to run a different route, remember Prosise was out of training camp for awhile and some of the preseason games. Him and Wilson will get it right next time.

Ozzy

Reaction score
EVERY qb in the league makes a throw like that from time to time. Brady, Manning, Rodgers etc. all of them. Luckily Wilson rarely does it and when you're trying to make a play early in the game it can happen. No big deal.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
So, all QB's are expected to complete all of their passes, every time? Even if.....a receiver runs the wrong route, the wrong speed or without proper timing, while the O-Line allows free runners? Like Rogers, Brady, Raperberger, Brees, et. al. ALWAYS do? BS. If all 11 players execute like they are supposed to, maybe they get close to perfection, but in the first game of the season after limited playing snaps in preseason? Playing QB in the NFL isn't all that easy and blame is often placed on them as they are often the lazy analyst's scapegoat for most failures/losses.

In Baseball, Ted Williams IMO was the greatest hitter of all time and yet his best season was .409, or approximately 4 hits out of every 10 tries. NFL QB's have different #'s to attain success, but none have been, or ever will be, always perfect every time they step on the field.