Jimmy Graham and his one catch

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I never thought I'd be so pumped to see a guy with a single reception. Granted Luke had the Lions share at the TE table, but i'm glad he's back.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":133gqzug said:
I never thought I'd be so pumped to see a guy with a single reception. Granted Luke had the Lions share at the TE table, but i'm glad he's back.

Love your avatar, that looks like a Dan Luvisi art

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2rebl3tb said:
Mistashoesta":2rebl3tb said:

Love your avatar, that looks like a Dan Luvisi art

Bingo

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm glad that Graham was able to at least play some snaps, I'm surprised they didn't use him earlier in the passing game to get himself acclimated with some hits. They are probably going to limit his snaps for probably 3-4 games just to see how he responds.

Sorry to go off topic, I'm a big fan of digital painting artists as that's something I'm aspiring to be that's why I was able to recognize that work.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
great plan imo. You see it all the time, guys come back fast from a catastrophic type injury then they get in live bullets and have some sort of soft tissue injury, Keep him slowly coming back, that way about half way through the season he truly is 100%

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would think it would be easy enough to simply have him in the game plan for 3rd and 4 or fewer yards to go (4 or fewer?). I'd probably have him out wide on those plays too but it gets him in the game for what would be pretty limited opportunities and you get the big target on short yardage. So naturally Bevel won't.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hawknation2016 (or anyone else sophisticated enough) could we please see a replay posted of JG's catch in that last drive? It was a 4th down play, right? Farkin Huge.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":107t26x9 said:
Hawknation2016 (or anyone else sophisticated enough) could we please see a replay posted of JG's catch in that last drive? It was a 4th down play, right? Farkin Huge.

Not 4th down. I think it was 2nd and 6.

4th down conversions on that drive were a run by C Mike and the long pass to Baldwin.

But great to see #88 out there. Many in here said he would be out this whole season.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":1uuiwbwy said:
I would think it would be easy enough to simply have him in the game plan for 3rd and 4 or fewer yards to go (4 or fewer?). I'd probably have him out wide on those plays too but it gets him in the game for what would be pretty limited opportunities and you get the big target on short yardage. So naturally Bevel won't.
Bevel attacks notwithstanding, Sunday's game looks like the beginnings of that strategy vis-a-vis Graham. I'm all for it. No need for major risks in September. He was in for several plays, had one target IIRC and caught it for a 1st down. It wasn't a cheap catch either, looked to me to be in traffic. I would expect for his playing time to gradually increase through the first 6-8 games as he gets healthier and stronger.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I still haven't seen him do anything Luke can't do for half the price. The last thing he had going for him was the fade route threat in the endzone, and Baldwin locked that down pretty well Sunday. No clue what he's still doing here.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Second and 6 at 1:57 left to go in the game. I just watched it again on my dvdplayer.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":lbr6gu9s said:
I still haven't seen him do anything Luke can't do for half the price. The last thing he had going for him was the fade route threat in the endzone, and Baldwin locked that down pretty well Sunday. No clue what he's still doing here.

Not true at all.

Graham showed terrific hands and the ability to catch contested passes during last season. Willson is a double catch waiting to happen and his ability to catch tough balls is very low.

From a pure pass catcher perspective, Graham is far superior to Willson.

And that's not accounting for the option to target Graham away from a defender. Now that's not a throw that Wilson is very good at or likes to make. But Graham does provide that and there were plenty of clutch 3rd down conversions that Graham produced in that manner for us.

Willson is decent for his price. But he's not nearly the same mismatch player. He is more able to run into the clear on a coverage breakdown. His speed is good for that. But hot passes to Willson will always be an adventure.

If we're talking are we getting 9m worth of value from Graham -- that's a different conversation. But Willson is not equal to Graham in the least.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3rxv5eqa said:
great plan imo. You see it all the time, guys come back fast from a catastrophic type injury then they get in live bullets and have some sort of soft tissue injury, Keep him slowly coming back, that way about half way through the season he truly is 100%
Yep, This gives him needed reps and at the same time, he's able to maybe overcome some reservations that may be lurking in the back of his mind about messing up his knee again.
Here's to seeing him :irishdrinkers: get back up to that 100%

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":161nieuc said:
WindCityHawk":161nieuc said:

Not true at all.

Graham showed terrific hands and the ability to catch contested passes during last season. Willson is a double catch waiting to happen and his ability to catch tough balls is very low.

And that's not accounting for the option to target Graham away from a defender. Now that's not a throw that Wilson is very good at or likes to make. But Graham does provide that and there were plenty of clutch 3rd down conversions that Graham produced in that manner for us.

Willson is decent for his price. But he's not nearly the same mismatch player. He is more able to run into the clear on a coverage breakdown. His speed is good for that. But hot passes to Willson will always be an adventure.

If we're talking are we getting 9m worth of value from Graham -- that's a different conversation. But Willson is not equal to Graham in the least.
LOL, just the mere fact that Graham is getting that crazy money over Willson, tells you how Schneider and the Seahawks value his PROVEN potential over any of the TE's on the team.

Atradees

Reaction score
We just arent the Saints. Graham may never go the probowl again. I wonder how he would feel about that?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Atradees":u4mh0cq3 said:
We just arent the Saints. Graham may never go the probowl again. I wonder how he would feel about that?

If he gets a ring....probably not too shabby. 8)

dogorama

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":26iphnlo said:
WindCityHawk":26iphnlo said:

Not true at all.

You're right on here, Graham was a basketball player at Miami and only played one year of football at Miami after his football career. That is what sets him apart from many TE's, he has that basketball player's ability to block-out and shield his body for receptions. It's like he's going up for a rebound and his great hands allow him to catch those blazing hot route passes. That, his speed, and his great athleticism make him elite and at one time he was ranked the 10th best player in the NFL's top-100 list.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ezce5nr said:
Attyla the Hawk":1ezce5nr said:
WindCityHawk":1ezce5nr said:

Not true at all.

LOL, just the mere fact that Graham is getting that crazy money over Willson, tells you how Schneider and the Seahawks value his proven POTENTIAL over any of the TE's on the team.

Fixed it for you.

Atylla, all good points though. There just seems to be a grand canyon between what he can do and what he has done for us. The only potential he's really lived up to so far is getting hurt. Though his absence when healthy is likely more Bevell's fault than Graham's.