While I'm not Quite Ready to Predict a 16-0 Season

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Offense has a LOT of work to do, and a hobbled Wilson against the Rams is very concerning.. but obviously happy to be 1-0 instead of 0-1 in the same situation.

Next Sunday may be one of the toughest games of our season.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1kg0a5px said:
Offense has a LOT of work to do, and a hobbled Wilson against the Rams is very concerning.. but obviously happy to be 1-0 instead of 0-1 in the same situation.

Can't disagree, I'm being vilified on another thread for saying the story of the game was their DC outcoaching Bevell but that's what I saw. I don't know what they were watching.

Concerned? How could you not be, but the NFL is a very unpredictable place, maybe they will turn it all around.

kearly

Reaction score
If Seattle uses the same offensive game plan next week, they will be 1-1 and deserve worse.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":3rz8axu3 said:
If Seattle uses the same offensive game plan next week, they will be 1-1 and deserve worse.

I could have used a little more run, but quick passing is something I very much want to see repeated against the Rams front seven.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":22irayct said:
kearly":22irayct said:

I could have used a little more run, but quick passing is something I very much want to see repeated against the Rams front seven.
This. Better run/pass balance please, but stay with the spread and quick passing game.
Oh and Darrell, if you're gonna go for it on 4th and inches how about not using an empty backfield? Don't you think the threat of the run might help you complete the pass by keeping the defense honest?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":7uln3trw said:
kearly":7uln3trw said:

That mega quick passing game resulted in 3 points in the first half. Projecting for the rest of the game - six points. If DB wants to be effective with that offensive style he has to use more run and throw the ball deep i.e. > 15 yards downfield, to keep the linebackers honest.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
falcongoggles":15g8c2dg said:
MontanaHawk05":15g8c2dg said:
kearly":15g8c2dg said:

That mega quick passing game resulted in 3 points in the first half. Projecting for the rest of the game - six points. If DB wants to be effective with that offensive style he has to use more run and throw the ball deep i.e. > 15 yards downfield, to keep the linebackers honest.

Don't forget that Lockett drop two crucial 3rd down passes in the 1st half. There were no rhythm either for the offense as the line keep getting penalties. For alwhile as well Bevell went back to slow developing pass plays as Dolphins front 7 were pushing the line. Once in a no huddle 2 minute passing drill, the offense finally got some rhythm and was able to go down to get the TD. We had some pretty good offenses that were negated by those penalties.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
falcongoggles":p0ksjzno said:
MontanaHawk05":p0ksjzno said:
kearly":p0ksjzno said:

That mega quick passing game resulted in 3 points in the first half..

Tyler Lockett drops.

Honestly, what happened to the critical thinking skills on this board? Rustier than Earl Thomas.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":w7uzhg3t said:
Hasselbeck":w7uzhg3t said:

Can't disagree, I'm being vilified on another thread for saying the story of the game was their DC outcoaching Bevell but that's what I saw. I don't know what they were watching.

Concerned? How could you not be, but the NFL is a very unpredictable place, maybe they will turn it all around.

Even I won't swing at that hangin' curve. :lol:

But trying to stay on topic; what 'Hawk fan wouldn't be happy we won today? Come December I doubt anyone remembers the score of this game nor will give a hoot.

Next week, I'll worry about next week. :180670:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":3vv18rzm said:

There not playing in St.Louis anymore I really think that had an affect on our game we only have to go down to LA now . Different crowd different dynamics hopefully the rams mojo on us is gone.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":pfzwe66u said:
kearly":pfzwe66u said:

There not playing in St.Louis anymore I really think that had an affect on our game we only have to go down to LA now . Different crowd different dynamics hopefully the rams mojo on us is gone.

Yeah like when the 49ers got into their new stadium

NINEster

Reaction score
The Rams last two appearances at Century Link makes me think stadium is not that important for them against the Hawks.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
NINEster":2ivrsbds said:
The Rams last two appearances at Century Link makes me think stadium is not that important for them against the Hawks.

They do play pretty tough against us, I'll be happy to win one game against them this year.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
dogorama":ddk9m15v said:
Hasselbeck":ddk9m15v said:

Well, usually the masses are right. It's not that you are completely wrong, just there is far more to it than their coach out coaching ours.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3bwnezc2 said:
dogorama":3bwnezc2 said:
Hasselbeck":3bwnezc2 said:

Well, usually the masses are right. It's not that you are completely wrong, just there is far more to it than their coach out coaching ours.

I don't recall anything about "masses" but I think I get what you are saying except to say that in a situation like this, quite the opposite would as likely be true. I remember doing a sociology experiment in college on the AA program and the effects of "group-think." While this is a football board, it is also social media and brings w/it a certain amount of social acceptance, even in a remote anonymous setting such as this. Of course this varies from member to member, but for some people this site is a very important part of their social identity; and they have formed cohesive group associations over the years. As w/any group-think unit it would be unwise to incur their wrath by dissenting because "groupers" can be particularly vicious as any form of non-conformity could be viewed as a threat to their very existence.

So, we have two basic groups as regards this issue: the Bevell-apologists and the Bevell-haters. Of course neither group accepts their respective titles because, well, no one wants to be called a "hater" and "apologist" just makes you sound like a sissy. Of course I am vehemently rejected by one group and just not accepted by the other, so that at least affords me the appearance of objectivity. Both of these groups are firm in their beliefs but one is particularly nasty. I will let you be the judge of which is which and why that may be.

Having said all that, you are not completely wrong either BUT if I am not completely wrong I must be partially right which means you are at least partially wrong also.

I suspect that this will give pause to the notion of entering the singularity of MY group-think again.

dogo out.