Graham playing Sunday

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
According to Pete.

Probably not a lot of snaps, but a remarkable recovery.

To all you negative doubters that said he wouldn't play a snap this season, I smite thee.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Simply putting him in the minds of Miami's defense will help open things up for Russ.

GO HAWKS

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ex2kef2 said:
To all you negative doubters that said he wouldn't play a snap this season, I smite thee.

How about us that only thought he'd land on PUP?

sutz

Reaction score
Gotta love it. I'm sure he won't play much, but if he's really ready he needs the action.

:2thumbs:

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
sutz":vmvgbmii said:
Gotta love it. I'm sure he won't play much, but if he's really ready he needs the action.

:2thumbs:

Yeah. The fact that super conservative with injuries Pete is going to let him play says he must be pretty close to 100%.

Again, I don' expect more than 20 snaps. But I have heard Jimmy is in phenomenal shape.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
My take on what PC said this week was that it would actually be up to Graham, that he'd play as long as he was good with it. And then yesterday RW said the guy was on fire, would be hard to hold back.

It's possible he will surprise us.

mikeak

Reaction score
We got to play him before the trade deadline so people can see what he can do.... :stirthepot:

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
I suspect he may be in on a few red zone plays to create match up issues. If nothing else, as a decoy.

massari

Reaction score
Still skeptical on whether or not he'll be able to play at the same level he was at before the injury.

Here's what orthopedic surgeon, Dr Jeff Budoff said:

"As a reminder, Graham tore his patellar tendon. Historically, that’s been a devastating injury from which to return. Here’s what our own orthopedic surgeon, Dr Jeff Budoff, had to say about it:

Please see my Victor Cruz article from this past offseason. In short, it’s extremely difficult to return to full effectiveness from a patellar tendon tear. The odds are overwhelming that Graham’s explosiveness, acceleration, top speed and quickness will be permanently compromised, and he’ll probably never again be able to jump quite as high or change direction quite as fast. In all medical probability, he’ll never again be 100% the Jimmy Graham we knew.

Victor Cruz never made it back (at least yet) from his patellar tendon tear. Nor did Ryan Williams. Or Greg Childs. Jerod Mayo returned this year after a torn patellar tendon last year, but posted just 2.2 tackles per game, vs 5.7/game for his pre-injury career. Jim Leonhard started 53 games over four seasons prior to tearing his patellar tendon in 2011. He returned the following season, but only started 13 games over the next three years. Cadillac Williams tore a patellar tendon in back-to-back seasons (2007 and 2008) and returned to play each time, finally leaving the NFL after the 2011 season. But his performance never really recovered."
http://rotoviz.com/2016/01/is-jimmy-graham-done/

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
massari":3lyqhy42 said:
Still skeptical on whether or not he'll be able to play at the same level he was at before the injury.

Here's what orthopedic surgeon, Dr Jeff Budoff said:

"As a reminder, Graham tore his patellar tendon. Historically, that’s been a devastating injury from which to return. Here’s what our own orthopedic surgeon, Dr Jeff Budoff, had to say about it:

Please see my Victor Cruz article from this past offseason. In short, it’s extremely difficult to return to full effectiveness from a patellar tendon tear. The odds are overwhelming that Graham’s explosiveness, acceleration, top speed and quickness will be permanently compromised, and he’ll probably never again be able to jump quite as high or change direction quite as fast. In all medical probability, he’ll never again be 100% the Jimmy Graham we knew.

Victor Cruz never made it back (at least yet) from his patellar tendon tear. Nor did Ryan Williams. Or Greg Childs. Jerod Mayo returned this year after a torn patellar tendon last year, but posted just 2.2 tackles per game, vs 5.7/game for his pre-injury career. Jim Leonhard started 53 games over four seasons prior to tearing his patellar tendon in 2011. He returned the following season, but only started 13 games over the next three years. Cadillac Williams tore a patellar tendon in back-to-back seasons (2007 and 2008) and returned to play each time, finally leaving the NFL after the 2011 season. But his performance never really recovered."
http://rotoviz.com/2016/01/is-jimmy-graham-done/

Long odds for sure.

Perhaps Graham will be the outlier. He is a freak of nature.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Negative doubters? Wouldn't those be positive people?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3udojeq7 said:
According to Pete.

Probably not a lot of snaps, but a remarkable recovery.

Coolness!

Latest posts