Great read from Sherman

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
These Player's Journals articles are great. It reminds me of the (seriously good) book I am reading: NFL Confidential, by Johnny Anonymous.

Laloosh

Reaction score
That was a fun read. Thanks for sharing!

White Devil

Reaction score
Came here to post a link to it...great article.

I never thought Pete would be as successful with this organization as he has been. I knew the culture had to change from the ground up if the Seahawks, as an organization, were going to take that next step. This is why nothing will ever change in Cleveland or some other places. It's not just hiring a coach and drafting players and hoping it sticks....you have to build a winning culture and that's exactly what he's done in Seattle.

His first 2 seasons they had over 600 transactions. He took one of the oldest teams in the league, dumped everybody, brought in his guys and won a Super Bowl within 4 seasons. How Chuck Pagano, Ron Rivera, and Bruce Arians (TWICE), won Coach of the Year over him is just another slap in the face that this article talks about.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
That is some GREAT stuff there. Good read. Thanks Greg.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great article, thanks Greg. This is why I am so confident in this team. There's no other organization like it in the NFL and that's why so many have been trying to emulate the way we do things. The LOB is at the peak of their professional careers right NOW. Not last year and so forth. There will always be road blocks (injuries, shuffling players to find their forte, see: Britt, losing a game or two along the way we have no business losing) but by and large my money is on the Seahawks representing the NFC in Houston come February.

Greenhell

Reaction score
"Be happy for another man’s success." - Doug Baldwin

Love this

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have 2 reactions from this article:

1 - Pete has a tendency to just overlook the obvious sometimes. Guys like Harvin where everyone warns you, you know this is a bad road but the team just insists this can work. Usually those red light moments are bad, never seen one work out - maybe Lynch is the exception. Drives me crazy. But...he makes up for it by putting a system & processes in place that assure that players get better, and players that do not buy in are gone.

The glaring failures are easily outnumbered by the glaring successes.

As much as I hate the moves to pull in guys that everyone else is warning us about and that almost never work out, he makes up for it big with systems like the one described in the article.

2 - All those people that like to talk ish about Kearse? Sherman just called you out.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Very nice read. This emphasizes something that most in the media miss or ignore. They focus their attention on all the fun stuff, high energy, music, etc and write it off as goofy college Pete. One of the reason's he can do this without it overshadowing production on the field is that the team is merciless when it comes to competing internally. No one is safe in this org and it shows.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Good subject and overall content but what's also striking is how well it is written. Sharp penmanship by Sherm.

mrt144

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3o2kh89r said:
Good subject and overall content but what's also striking is how well it is written. Sharp penmanship by Sherm.

Cardinals are smarter than a lot of other birds ;)