POLL: Most Productive Receiver This Year?

Which Seahawks receiver will have the most receptions for yards?

• Doug Baldwin

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Tyler Lockett

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Jermaine Kearse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Richardson

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Jimmy Graham

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dogorama

Reaction score
Listening to the radio this morning, the host is making his "bold" predictions for the year. One that caught my interest was that he predicted that Tyler Lockett would have more receptions than Baldwin. I thought that might make for a good poll but given that Baldwin has a built-in advantage as the slot receiver, I adjusted the poll to be "most receptions for yards." So, you are basically voting for most yds by a receiver.

McGruff

Reaction score
dogorama":nvnxlbsn said:
Listening to the radio this morning, the host is making his "bold" predictions for the year. One that caught my interest was that he predicted that Tyler Lockett would have more receptions that Baldwin. I thought that might make for a good poll but given that Baldwin has a built-in advantage, I adjusted the poll to be "most receptions for yards." So, you are basically voting for most yds by a receiver.

I think Lockett will have less receptions, but more yardage and TD's.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
McGruff":1t4auk76 said:
dogorama":1t4auk76 said:
Listening to the radio this morning, the host is making his "bold" predictions for the year. One that caught my interest was that he predicted that Tyler Lockett would have more receptions that Baldwin. I thought that might make for a good poll but given that Baldwin has a built-in advantage, I adjusted the poll to be "most receptions for yards." So, you are basically voting for most yds by a receiver.

Yep.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I tried the 5th choice Graham and got an error msg (the submitted form was invalid) then the 4th choice PRich (same error). The first choice worked. Could be just me, but may well not be.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I still Doug will have both more receptions and touchdowns, however Tyler will have more WOW long yard plays and TD's.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":o4l4umoc said:
I tried the 5th choice Graham and got an error msg (the submitted form was invalid) then the 4th choice PRich (same error). The first choice worked. Could be just me, but may well not be.

Yeah, I don't know what that is, currently it's Baldwin 9, Lockett 8 with Richardson and Graham w/one vote each.

Honestly, it's not rigged, LOL.

sutz

Reaction score
You should change the thread title, too. ;)

"Most productive" I suspect will be Lockett and possibly P-Rich, as in most TD's and higher YPC.

"Most catches for yards" I'm a little unsure exactly what that means, but given their years together and fact that they're both in their primes, I voted Baldwin, as in most overall catches and raw yardage.

Do I get an award for using they're/their correctly the most times in a single sentence today? ;)

Seymour

Reaction score
Ummmm...so what exactly is the most receptions for yards??
What else would the receptions be for? A Wedding?

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Seymour":15chafx8 said:

I was waiting for someone to ask that, it was just part of the process and establishing a criteria for most "productive." I realize that there are flaws in that reasoning as well but as I said, you will be voting for most yds, more technically, yds by receptions because it is possible for a receiver to get yds by running the ball. I realize that sounds unnecessarily specific but that's just the way I roll dude.

HawkGA

Reaction score
McGruff":bcki50vx said:
dogorama":bcki50vx said:

Fewer. Please, for the love of all that is holy, fewer. Not less.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Seymour":3kazy0y1 said:

And, it is a term I invented and will now, and forever, be included in the lexicon of NFL-speak.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Brilliant poll, off to a great start, lol!

Just kidding. My attempt to vote Graham was a probably over-optimistic guess based on a big assumption that he can return to the form he showed in New Orleans - which unless I'm mistaken included TWO thousand-yard seasons in the last five in, yes, 'receptions' yards. And if that were to somehow happen this season, well it's highly likely he'd lead the team.

PC suggested coyly in his presser today that Jimmy could be full-on come Sunday's opener. Fingers crossed!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Baldwin was very productive last year, is in his prime, and has been healthy for his entire career (at least for as long as I can recall....). Gotta go with Baldwin.

Tical21

Reaction score
I know everybody wants Lockett to be Antonio Brown and catch 100, but we aren't there yet, not by a longshot. Baldwin is the go-to guy.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
fenderbender123":184c3f0x said:
Baldwin was very productive last year, is in his prime, and has been healthy for his entire career (at least for as long as I can recall....). Gotta go with Baldwin.
He's also the apparently-favorite choice by the (oh-so-creative..) Bevell - and is likely RW's favorite go-to guy too. Especially come crunch time, Baldwin is the surest money-shot.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":28wrhunc said:

"Most productive" I suspect will be Lockett and possibly P-Rich, as in most TD's and higher YPC.

"Most catches for yards" I'm a little unsure exactly what that means, but given their years together and fact that they're both in their primes, I voted Baldwin, as in most overall catches and raw yardage.

Do I get an award for using they're/their correctly the most times in a single sentence today? ;)

Ya....you get the IRO award of excellence. But lose it by requesting it. That is just the way things go man.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":19m6fuha said:
sutz":19m6fuha said:

Ya....you get the IRO award of excellence. But lose it by requesting it. That is just the way things go man.

What is this IRO award thing? You should of had one also for could of and should of because of they're are people on this board who could of known better that their is no such correct phrases as could of and should of, if their were an award to point out they're errors.

Could have and should have should of been expressed as the contractions "could've" and "should've". I probably should of known better than to post this here. Grammar is overrated. Except not my Grammer. My Grammer's chocolate chip cookies were the best. I know you could care less. I except your apologies for unintentionally disrespecting my Grammer. An don't be disrespecting my Jimmy Grammer either. Carry on.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Baldwin is in his prime, still the #1 and has his big contract. And still Wilson's favorite target. Lockett will be electrifying, but Baldwin will have another pro bowl caliber year.